Simple easy drawings
Wallpapers and Images for peoples phones
2012.02.22 08:16 jayrady Wallpapers and Images for peoples phones
2010.08.11 21:42 sloh Let's talk terrariums.
This is a community for Horticulture Terrariums. Building, sharing, helping, learning, supporting, and experimenting. Welcome to our community!
2018.08.25 00:32 RichterRicochet The Real Joke is always in the comments.
This subreddit is dedicated to those of us who find the better joke in the comments section of any subreddit or other medium.
2023.06.09 16:29 Blockpour_Official Blockpour 2.0 Dirty Dashboard Giveaway
2023.06.09 16:23 AutoModerator [Genkicourses.site] ✔️ Online Advertising Academy – Google Ads Training Course Bundle ✔️ Full Course Download
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to Genkicourses_Com [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Genkicourses.site] ✔️ Online Advertising Academy – Google Ads Training Course Bundle ✔️ Full Course Download https://preview.redd.it/7bo96flbuw4b1.png?width=600&format=png&auto=webp&s=50d704b49b4f2dc0c231a4118b685696c7b29072
Courses proof (screenshots for example, or 1 free sample video from the course) are available upon demand, simply Contact us here
WHAT YOU GET?
- Expert Research & Planning Pre-Launch Strategies
Research and planning your PPC ads campaigns correctly is critical for success – with bad planning, your ad campaign is setup to fail – no matter what you do.
- How to find the most profitable keywords for any industry
- How to stay ahead of competitors – find and outperform their ads
- Avoid money wasting keywords/campaign types BEFORE launching
- Setup Your Account for Profit – Not Wasted Budget
Learn how to structure your ad campaigns to get the most profit, cut out wasted spend, and setup faster – even for an industry you don’t know (without relying on templates that break/get out of date fast)
- Learn fast & simple setups for profit – not complex setups that take weeks
- Simple setups = fast & easy optimizing/scaling/management, no matter how many accounts you’re running
- Avoid Google’s suggestions (traps) and hacks from out-dated YouTube videos and cheap Udemy courses
- Advanced tracking setup for conversions, leads, calls, sales, and ROI from ads.
- Advanced Optimizing That is Simple to Learn and Implement
Learn up-to-date optimization strategies for profit (conversions, CPA, conversion rate, ROAS) not Quality Score, CTR, Optimization Score and other nonsense metrics that don’t help you keep your job as a marketing professional.
- Strategies for quickly & easily scaling ROI by expanding campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords
- Strategies for quickly identifying top performers and expanding them
- Optimizing automated bidding or manual bidding or combos to control CPC and CPA when Google fails to do this.
- Optimizing at every level of performance data: campaigns, ad groups, keywords, device, location, schedule, and more
- Microsoft Ads (Formerly Bing Ads) Training
Learn the differences between the networks and how to successfully expand to Microsoft Ads Network (Bing.com, Yahoo.com, AOL.com, DuckDuckgo.com and more.)
- How to import properly (don’t use a weekly auto-import)
- What you can do in Microsoft Ads that you can’t do in Google Ads
- Optimizing inside Microsoft Ads based on THEIR data
- Targeting options and setups unique to Microsoft Ads
- Mastering Campaign Targeting Options
Learn which targeting methods make the most sense for profitable ads for different industries, business types, budgets, and goals.
- Expert tactics for RLSA (Remarketing Lists for Search Ads)
- Proper setup/optimizing for DSA campaigns
- Advanced local campaign Targeting/Setup/Optimizing
- How to actually make broad match keywords profitable or when to avoid them
- Advanced Stuff for Advanced People
For marketing professionals and ad agencies, this is the expert training for professionals with as much experience as us, but could always learn something new!
- How to fix automated bidding that IS NOT doing what it’s supposed to do (has no volume, very high cpcs, no conversions, bad ROAS, etc.)
- Complex optimizing for Device, Day, Hour, City, Country, State with or without manual bidding when needed
- Properly running test campaigns and primary campaigns correctly (for testing those broad keyword ideas that “may” work for top-of-funnel targeting for large budget accounts)
- Setup and optimizing LARGE budget accounts (targeting all stages of the funnel, micro-conversions, etc.)
- Optimizing, expanding, and finding new ideas for accounts you’ve been running for years
- Beginner Foundations
If you have no experience, that’s ok! We have extra training for getting started with Google Ads.
- Intro to Google Ads, How to Setup Account
- Intro to Campaigns, Keywords, Ads, Ad Extensions, Negative Keywords and More
- Dashboard Walkthrough – How to Navigate Google Ads
- How to Monitor the Right Metrics and Ignore Useless Ones (How to Change the Columns Inside Google Ads)
- Basic Optimization for Beginners – campaigns, keywords, ads, a/b testing ads, ad groups, etc.
- Bonus Training
Plenty of extra bonus to cover everything you need for PPC ad success! Get our agency’s best resources for running profitable campaigns quickly and easily.
Additional Training for Google Display Ads
- Expert Landing Page Training
- Advanced PPC Call Tracking Software (Not Inside Google Ads)
- Google Analytics Tracking and Setup
- Our Agency Tools – Expert Ads Framework & Cheat Sheet
- Our Agency Tools – Most Used Negative Keywords: Premade List
- Our Agency Tools – Top Cities and States Lists (For Negatives Keywords)
Our Display Ads Masterclass teaches expert strategies for expanding into the Google Display Network with maintaining profit and avoiding low-quality clicks and bad leads.
- Learn How PPC Ad Agencies Scale DISPLAY Profits Fast
- Display Ad Strategies for ROI & Removing Low Quality Website Clicks
- Best Strategies for Targeting Audiences, Content, and Winning Combos
- Advanced Remarketing Strategies – Go Beyond the Basic Setup
- Top, Middle, and Bottom of Funnel Display Targeting Secrets
- Beginner to Expert Level Display Ads Training
- Display Campaign Pre-Launch Checklist
2023.06.09 16:19 InfinitivesUnite Reddit / Lest: A replacement backend implementing a similar API contract.
Reddit / Lest
A replacement backend implementing a similar API contract.
Reddit is trying desperately to kill third party applications and in the process its own community. You can read more about it here
. This proposal makes only two assumptions.
- Reddit has taken for granted that which got it where it is.
- Reddit is replaceable.
Reddit is massive in terms of scale, but not in terms of complexity. So, it can be replaced, but maybe not practically. I made this post on /technology
a week ago, and it got some traction. Since then, I have received several emails and offers of labor and funding.
I must start by clarifying that my intuition is not that this can't
be done, but that it won't be. Very rarely does an opportunity of this magnitude arise and coincide with the will to do something about it.
The proposal is simple.
- Create a non-profit organization to begin gathering funding and develop charter guaranteeing suitable governance.
- Implement some distributed data store. Something fancy like SurrealDB or well-worn like Postgres.
- Create a thin session manager handling authN/authZ and an API translator implementing Reddit's API contract.
- Point all participating 3rd party applications to the new endpoint with new API tokens.
- Notify a user upon opening a 3rd party app, they are welcome to continue but must create a new user.
Sounds easy when there are only five steps. ... But it isn't. It is basically impossible, as it relies on the following conditions being met.
- All major 3rd party app providers would need to agree to this.
- All would need to switch at one time, to lower the duration of the initial content desert.
- Its on-demand infrastructure would have to be prepared for this massive initial scale-out.
- Major API endpoints would need to be ready by 2023-07-01.
- The cost would have to be lower than Reddit's new pricing. (shouldn't be too hard)
This simply does not work without agreement from the majority of:
And even with that support; it probably still doesn't work. BUT IT VERY COULD. In my estimation, the primary challenges are:
- Fractured user base; but still huge.
- Infrastructure monetization.
Lastly, I'm not asking anybody to do anything. This probably isn't achievable, but I am convinced it is possible, and I know Redditors with motivation can accomplish big things. I am willing to make a Github organization and start building a project board, but I really don't want to steer this ship, if it leaves port. I've made this a Gist, in case Reddit tries to block it. Perhaps somebody would like to create a Discord or Element server for further communication. I'm operating all my notes under the name "Lest" for the replacement, but I don't feel strongly, I just think it is a nice short memorable word that also has a similar meaning.
If you think this is a worthy proposal, please share it where you believe it would help.
submitted by InfinitivesUnite
to apihackathon [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:17 Conscious-Trade2776 Contemplating my decision…
Hello. I know I’ve only recently made a post about pursuing PA therapy with my partner, but I had decided to end things with him after consideration. He has been lying to me, from what I know, about using porn in a way that disrespects my boundaries. At the beginning of our relationship, I had actually said that it was okay to watch porn since I felt that it was normal in moderation. Even I had seen some porn, and had enjoyed artists who drew suggestive art. To clarify, from what I know, he had primarily looked at hentai and had this on his computer. I thought it was fine because it was just a drawing. I don’t know if allowing this leeway was a mistake or not.
Two years ago, he had admitted to me that he was watching a very sexual twitch streamer who drew suggestive art of herself. She had also posted many thirst traps of herself. I had immediately confronted him about her and told him that this wasn’t okay, that it’s not the same as just porn, and that this was something that seriously hurt me. It was too far and too close.
This may have been invasive, and he said it was, but I immediately made him prove to me that he wasn’t paying for her Patreon access. I later found out that he may have been paying for it all along on a different website she uses. During this, he lied and gaslit many times about what content she really made, and said it was all an accident, just a joke, not his fault, etc. I told him I was not okay with parasocial relationships and following thirst traps at this point, and especially not paying for it. He would have to stick to drawings and pornhub content.
From then on, I grew completely insecure and invasive. I checked his following many times, and confronted him many times. A few weeks after the first incident, he privated his account. He always said he wasn’t doing anything disrespectful, yet never unfollowed them (verified with doesfollow). I genuinely believe that he had much worse going on, since he STRICTLY hid his photos, text messages, history, etc on his phone and computer when I was around him. I also know he has a throw acc on Twitter and most likely on Reddit to look at things he knows I’m not okay with. I’ve also felt like he was sharing porn with his friends on Discord, but when I confronted him about this and said this wasn’t okay either, he said he wasn’t. I never saw him speak to his friends on Discord again after the confrontations. Each time I confronted him, he would make up new lies and stories and gaslight me. There was even times where I was having panic attacks because of how he would hide his phone from me right in-front of my face. At this point a year ago, I tried to tell him that he couldn’t hide anything from me or act this way with his phone if he was to continue with me. However, this behavior never ceased and he had even asked me to “have patience with him.”
All of this back and forth behavior between us has bubbled up to the point where he had asked me if I needed to go to couples therapy for the anxiety and insecurities I was feeling in the relationship. I immediately reacted to this the night he suggested this and asked him how long he was doing all of this with the thirst traps. He had stated that it was when he lost his job two years ago. During this time, I felt like since he wasn’t working, that we could spend more time together. But he never did, despite me bringing up wanting to see him more. At that time, I had a deep feeling it was because of something like this. Once he admitted this, I stated that if we were to get therapy that it would have to be CSAT certified and he would have to work on his PA. He had gaslit me, lied to me, and let me feel terrible for two years straight for thirst traps. The whole time, all I wanted him to do was just respect a boundary, even if he watched porn and he couldn’t even do that. It was an addiction at this point, to me.
Despite all of this happening, I brought it up with some classmates who knew him and had told me they felt he had been somewhat manipulative with me from their experience with him. I had also brought it up with his mom, in which she told me it was a serious problem and to take space away from him and that she would do the best she could to help us with CSAT therapy.
I was ready to go to couples counseling very soon to work on this. But the whole time I’ve been contemplating if it’s even worth it. If he’s already gaslit me about everything before trying to recover, how will he be during actual recovery? At this point, I think he must stop watching porn entirely due to how addicted he seems to be from my perspective. It doesn’t feel like he will ever be able to do that. We’re not married, we’re both young, and we both have our whole lives ahead of us.
It was once he texted me that he suddenly wants to move out next week, no plan, just straight move out because all of this is happening that I chose to break it off with him. Our plan was to move in together, but I immediately felt all loss of trust when he chose to make this decision without me due to me confronting him about a porn addiction. I’ve always felt uncomfortable about the thought of moving in with him due to my lack of trust in him because of these issues. I had never really revealed that I knew he was lying all this time until very recently. He has shown no remorse, has given no apologies, blamed it on his anxiety, taken no accountability for his actions or how he has affected me for so long, and says that it’s entirely up to the therapy to teach him how to do these things. Even after I begged his mom to take it easy on him, and kept telling him that I just want him to believe in himself. I feel like I still love him, and will always love him. I may still go to therapy with him as well, but not with the intention of preventing separation. At this point, I feel like it’s more up to him to stop this behavior for himself. I know this has been a very long post, but it’s been a very long process in feeling okay again. I appreciate everyone on this sub for being so supportive of each other, and would appreciate response and advice from you guys when considering this situation I’m in. I just want to be happy with myself again, despite everything that happened between us.
submitted by Conscious-Trade2776
to loveafterporn [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:15 fish-with-arms DAE: have panic attacks almost exclusively at night?
id say like 99% of my panic attacks happen at night and more specifically within 3 hours of when i sleep. On one hand its good because my meds knock me out and i normally can sleep the panic away but on the other hand when it’s bad my sleep is heavily impacted :((
My experience is a little different to what i’ve read about nocturnal panic attacks because i don’t wake up in a panic it always happens before i sleep! i don’t work (thanks panic disorder) so it’s not like i have to wake up to something stressful the next day, most of my life is spent in my bed doom scrolling social media or doing very simple easy tasks or small exposure outings because it’s all i can manage with my disability.
The only stressors i can think of are my mental health problems/trauma (i have 9 disorders total so it’s a little wild lol) and the fact i live with the giver of said trauma (it’s not a daily occurrence tho as they work during the week)
submitted by fish-with-arms
to panicdisorder [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:13 Airsinner My drawing called Simple Friends. Great for any wall.
2023.06.09 16:12 Michael_AN_Creech The Chronicles of Marcus Hellyrr - Prologue
I'd like to start by letting everyone know that the genre is Fantasy Epic, and that this is a long prologue at 6,414 words. This prologue serves a purpose as it takes care of a lot of my setting and plot setup. It also gives the reader a fair bit of worldbuilding without making it too much of an info dump (talking to you Robert Jordan ;P).
I've had several people beta read this for me and gotten a lot of positive feedback. The prolbem for me is that these were all people I know very well on a personal level. Several have made comparisons to Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings as far as how well the full book is written. The problem is, friends and family can often have a bias and make things seem better than they really are. So, now I want to do a test run in the real world and see what people who don't know me think. Is it as engaging and compelling as they have made me hope that it is?
I'm basically wanting to take a page from a couple authors I admire and follow the ABC rule for critiquing. Please let me know of any point where you thought it was Awesome, Boring or Confusing. I know prologues aren't everyone's favorite thing, but this has basically been written like a novella for the main story as it foreshadows a lot of things leading all the way into book four.
October 14, 844 (Alt-Future)
"Welcome back to the Archive, Master Jonathan."
"Thank you, Charles. It's good to be back. Have you noticed anything interesting in the Physical Realm?"
"I have not, sir. Do you require any assistance today?"
"Thank you, but no. I'm only here to revisit a passage within the history of the Order. Shortly after, I'll depart for the reunion at the Tower."
"Excellent, sir. I'll leave you to it."
Jonathan emerged from the ether and walked through the Archive doors. Inhaling deeply, he breathed in the familiar scents of dusty cleanliness that can only truly be found in a place of learning. The lights reflected off the floor's white marble surface, casting a glow that evenly lit every corner of the large chamber. Even so, the room still felt cavernous to him, as if he were a galleon amidst the vastness of the ocean.
Jonathan appeared to be in his early to mid forties. Though, with the way he carried himself and the spring in his step, he seemed closer to his late twenties. His hair was shoulder length and dark gray. He wore bifocals though he hadn't needed them since his ascension, and dressed with a refined sense of style.
His gray eyes were by far his most interesting feature, though. They were the only hint of how old he truly was and the many adventures and travesties he'd witnessed. Regardless, how old he was didn't matter as age had long since lost its meaning for him. After all, being an immortal tended to give a man new priorities in life.
As he strolled across the room, a lift descended from the tower's heights. The square platform had waist high rails around its perimeter. It floated through the air showing no sign of a suspension system to raise or lower it. This was accomplished by a magical enchantment that allowed it to levitate and dart about the room at mind numbing speeds. As he stepped up onto the platform's dais, it landed on the floor in front of him. He took a position at its center, then, after folding his arms behind his back, mentally willed it to take him to floor eight hundred forty four.
It rose off the ground, gradually gaining speed until it was a hundred or so feet in the air. At that point, the platform took off like a rocket. The thought of what these speeds would do to him if this were outside the Realm of Intellect crossed his mind, making him chuckle nervously. He knew he had to be moving close to six hundred miles per hour.
Now, let me tell you a bit about Jonathan's pet project, The Archive Infinitum. The Archive is a magical structure he'd designed shortly after the cataclysm that nearly wiped out the human race. An event most of you now refer to as the Night of Burning Skies. That same event is also what gave us the powers we now refer to as magic.
Shortly after obtaining his ascension, he learned that science's multiverse theories were close to how reality really worked. There are an infinite number of parallel universes, or branching timelines, that coexist simultaneously. What was different is that each universe shared a common six realm structure. The Physical Realm, the Realm of Intellect, the Dominion of Shadows, the Plane of Enlightenment, the Land of the Forgotten, and the Ether.
He built the Archive within the Realm of Intellect so it wouldn't be bound by the laws of physics or time as we know them. Once the structure was anchored in place, he could set most of those parameters himself. What he didn't realize was that making it here would have an unintended, though not unwelcome, side effect. The structure's size, shape, and architectural style could change by anyone who entered it.
When someone enters the Archive, it ascertains their strength of mind and will. Suppose the individual's mental fortitude is deemed stronger than that of the other occupants. In that case, the appearance will adjust to one that best serves and appeals to that individual. This could become unsettling for the occupants already inside the first few times it happened. That being said, it has no effect on the contents atop the shelves or where you're located within the structure. For Jonathan, it shared an uncanny resemblance to the George Peabody Library, though on a much grander scale.
The lift stopped after a brief ride, and Jonathan stepped off. He resumed his stride, passing row after row of the cherry wood bookcases. There were hundreds of rows and thousands of tomes and scrolls in each. As a scholar, he'd spent most of his existence here. But, even so, he knew there would always be something more to be gleaned from their pages.
Today was a day of remembrance. Of celebration. Of mourning. It was the anniversary of the end of a war that had lasted ten thousand years. With the death of one individual, a light of hope was given to many. For others, it was a bittersweet victory that left a void in their hearts. He'd come here today to revisit a passage that would return him to that fateful day. Reliving the event which granted them this peace, and once again, paying his respects to a dear friend.
"Ah, yes, yes, yes. Here we go."
The plaque on the side of the bookcase read, Row DD, Column 15. Now that he'd found the right one, he began scanning the shelves. It wasn't long before his hand landed on the tome he sought.
"Here it is." He pulled it down from the shelf. "My word. Has it truly been fifteen hundred years since I glanced through these pages?"
Looking at the cover, he chuckled. The combined magic of the Archive and the Realm had created a thin layer of dust. Giving it the feeling of something ancient and lost to time. Raising it to his lips, he blew the dust away, causing the magic to dissipate as it fell to the floor. He pulled open the cover and rifled through the pages. The section he stopped at contained the account of Rexinon the Prophet's final words.
Summoning his divine magics, he channeled a spell into the tome. The words that once filled the passages began to fade away, leaving only the blank pages, which now bled a blueish gray smoke. The soft glow of the lights against the floor diminished as the smoke spread. As the darkness grew more substantial, luminescent spheres and arcs of brilliant blues and crimson could be seen dancing about its surface like lightning.
The ground trembled beneath his feet, and the smokey haze took on a more stormlike appearance. All around him, the air started to feel heavy, and the taste of dust and sea salt filled his mouth. A gentle rain began to fall, and the room's remaining lights winked out. If not for the increasing flashes of lightning, he would've been left in total darkness. But even this was not a comfort, as those flashes cast shadows against the storm's ever swirling walls. Many of which appeared to be dark things that should never be seen in the light.
The storm's intensity grew, bringing disorienting cracks of thunder and wind whipping around him. It assaulted his senses and seemed to have an almost vengeful purpose. That meant he had to constantly focus on the spell, bracing himself against the onslaught. If he failed, it would kill him without question.
Some of the shadows began to take on a physical form with details beyond what the walls could offer them. He watched as an hourglass tumbled end over end, circling him before it returned to the storm. A moment later, a blazing fireplace and mantle emerged but produced neither light nor heat. Finally, a door engraved with the crest of the Order appeared. These images were ones he'd expected to see for this particular passage, and so came as no surprise. However, when a fourth image appeared, he was caught off guard.
Although it was normal for three images to accompany this spell, an occasional fourth spoke of prophecy. He focused intently on this final image. It showed twelve people standing in a circle; one of them was coated in blood. Two others were bound by chains. One a man, the other a woman.
He looked closer at the man and realized it was Godric. His eyes opened wide as he tried to decipher the meaning behind the image. Only a few moments passed while he speculated, but it was a few moments too many. Disaster struck, and too late, he realized his mistake. He'd lost focus, and now the storm would surely take him.
Hurricane force winds and debris tore at his clothes, quickly turning them into rags. One powerful gust slammed into his side as if he'd been struck by a car, knocking him off his feet. The storm swelled with even greater ferocity. It threatened to consume him this time, and he wondered if it would finally cost him.
Rain and hail pelted his face and body, while dust and sand stung his eyes. As he wiped away the grit, a bolt of lightning struck before him, temporarily blinding him. He got to his hands and knees, gasping for breath as the storm continued to beat him relentlessly.
Steeling himself against the pain, he rose to his feet. As fast as he could manage, he began casting mental defenses and barriers to protect his mind from the horrific assault. He bellowed in defiance of the storm, "I will not let it end this way! I refuse!" One defense after another was laid upon his person, until finally, he succeeded. The winds died to a breeze as the rain became little more than a summer misting.
He heard the sound of a quill scratching against paper over the storm's remnants, and the air behind his back grew hot as a crackling fire joined the room's ambiance. The sickly sweet smell of incense filled his nostrils, reminding him of days spent in his master's study. Another fond memory.
The storm wall vanished as the tremors subsided, making the room visible through a misty haze. The light of the fireplace cast his shadow across the now rough cut gray stone floor. Half a dozen tapestries hung around the room, and a liquor cabinet stood at the room's far corner. The main entry door remained closed to his left, and the doorway to the study's balcony lay to his right. At the room's center sat Rexinon at his desk, writing furiously on a piece of parchment.
Wiping the sweat from his brow, he breathed a sigh of relief. Although he'd done this countless times, the journey into the pages of history was always filled with peril. But, blessedly, the most intense part of the spell was complete. And while he could now relax in that fact, that fourth image still concerned him.
He stood in the familiar square room, clothing restored to its original state. The evening's air flowed through the open windows, making the ambient temperature quite cozy. Crossing the room, he paused at the desk and listened as Rexinon started muttering. "What I wouldn't give for a typewriter, much less a computer. Would make this so much faster."
Jonathan couldn't help but crack a smile. "Oh, but how many times have I thought the same thing, old friend?" He remarked, though he knew Rexinon couldn't hear him.
He stepped up to the desk and leaned over it. Looking down at the paper Rexinon was writing on, he frowned. Like so many times before, it appeared as little more than black scribbles on a page. Those words had to be important, but there was no way to know.
This was one of the spell's critical weaknesses. The details within the vision were only as precise as what was written in the tome. Most of the books in the Archive were magically transcribed. The benefits of this were completed histories free of victor and writer biases. Although, it wasn't flawless.
Throughout history, there have been individuals or events that the spell couldn't see. The most well known examples of these blips in time were the United States presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt from 1933 to 1945 and the United Kingdom's Prime Minister, Michael Durham, from 2063 to 2065. All that is known about them was their lives before office and the accounts written by those around them. These gaps in history were generally the result of one of two things. In these two cases, a place or individual with a strong connection to the Dominion of Shadows.
Sighing, he pushed off the desk and crossed the room to the liquor cabinet. He opened the glass doors, pulling several bottles and a glass from the shelves. He made a drink consisting of three parts Red Adders Bite and one part Dry Amorian Blood Wine, then added a lime wedge to the rim of the glass. The others wouldn't arrive for another half hour, leaving him time to kill.
He walked around the room with his drink in hand and studied the various tapestries, several of which he'd been a part of. Each one depicted an accomplishment or tragedy facilitated by the Order. All save one, which showed a scene from the event that started it all.
The one to the left of the cabinet showed the Order's founding. In the background stood a grand tower of black and white marble. Its four sides were engraved with the Mark of Hellyrr, which glowed with a magical light. In front of it stood a man facing a gathered crowd, his arms swept wide in triumph. They looked up at him and the structure with reverence and awe.
He continued to move in a counterclockwise manner around the room. Above the main entry door hung another tapestry. One he was even depicted in. It showed the aftermath of a massacre. Six figures stood amidst the bodies of hundreds. The earth around them was scorched by flame, and the blood of the fallen had stained it red. The cloud covered sky glowed a deep crimson with gold outlines from the fires below. It had come to be known as the Cleansing of Elysian, in which the entirety of the planet's second continent had been annihilated to preserve the world.
"I wish it had never come to this. Why can't we all just get along? Instead of thriving in the prosperity of our two lands, they plotted and began planning to bring war to our own people. To rape, pillage, and enslave them. Even with all my vast knowledge and wisdom, I can't understand why they felt the need to dominate and control the world." He looked back up at the tapestry. "Even now, most of the land is still uninhabitable."
He turned around and looked at the tapestry above the balcony door. This one would appear out of place with the others to all but a few handfuls of people. Even for those who learned the truth behind it, it looked like little more than an artist's vision of what a beautiful landscape at sunset should look like. The sky is dotted with hundreds of stars as shades of red, orange, and yellow dance across the land's horizon. The artist's point of view appears to be looking down from a hillside. Down the hill's slope, you can see a pond teaming with wildlife along its edge. The remaining landscape is filled with miles of forest stretching toward the horizon.
For the few who survived this event and still remained, they knew it depicted the final moments of their world before all of humanity was nearly lost.
Jonathan fixated on this tapestry more than he had on the others. The longer he stared, the more distant his expression grew. Over time, his breathing quickened, and his grip on the glass slipped. It shattered as it hit the floor, causing the rug to stain from the liquid. The sound jerked him out of the trance like state, making him feel ill.
He could still recall the memory of that long ago day like it were yesterday. The thought of how close humanity had come to extinction made his legs weak, and he stumbled back against the wall behind him. He slid down the stones' cool surface and noticed his hands were now trembling. Through shuddering breaths, he uttered the words of a broken man. "So much death. So many lives were lost that day. So many. Oh, Sonia. Even after all this time, I still miss you."
The main entry door slammed open, crashing against the wall with a loud bang. Jonathan jerked as one of them collided mere inches from where he sat. The startling sound had been enough to pull him from his stupor, but it still took a moment for him to gather himself. A man in the doorway lowered his foot from where he'd obviously kicked the unlocked door in.
"Knock, knock, Rex. Seems you've done it now."
"Seth. I'll never understand the animosity you held for Rexinon," Jonathan said wearily as he got to his feet.
Seth stood just shy of five foot eight inches and had slick black hair that he kept combed back. He wore black jeans and a beige dress shirt with mother of pearl buttons, which had seen far too much polish in recent days. A malevolent grin displayed his perfect teeth and careless eyes. He strode into the room, dragging a chair behind him, and placed it on the rug by the fireplace.
"Was kicking the door in really necessary, Seth?"
A second man stepped into the room, obviously annoyed by the unnecessary use of force. He wore a navy blue business suit and towered over everyone else in the room, and that was saying something considering Jonathan was six foot. As he still held to the standards of a marine, he kept his hair high and tight and his face clean shaven. He stood at the rug's edge out of respect for the Order so as not to mar the embroidered Mark of Hellyrr. A respect Seth clearly lacked.
"Godric Gibbs. This day changed you. Hell, it changed all of us, but few as much as you," Jonathan said. He looked back at the door as the third and final man entered. "Assassin."
This man was of a height with Jonathan and wore all black from head to toe. His outfit looked like something out of a TV show. Almost like a cross between Gi Joe's Snake Eyes, and CW Arrow's League of Assassins. After ten thousand years, all they knew about him was his previous occupation as a contract killer. It wasn't long before they'd taken to calling him Assassin, as they had no other name to go by. Any time he was asked a question regarding his past, he either remained silent or dodged it outright. He took a position to Godric's left and, like Godric, took care of where he stood on the rug.
The three men stood in silence and watched as Rexinon continued to write. Godric and Assassin seemed content to wait until he addressed them. On the other hand, Seth seemed to grow more agitated as the minutes passed. Jonathan chuckled in spite of himself.
About twenty minutes later, Rexinon spoke, "Reverend Seth Jones, Colonel Godric Gibbs, and Assassin. To what do I owe the pleasure?" His tone plainly indicated that he already knew.
Seth spoke first. "Oh, cut the crap, Rex. You already know why we're here. This cult thing of yours has gone on long enough."
"Well, there's the pot calling the kettle black," Jonathan muttered sarcastically.
Godric rolled his eyes. Everyone in the room knew about Seth's past as a cult leader. They also knew his anger was more at being forced to wait in silence than anything to do with Rexinon or the Order.
"Calm yourself, Seth. There's no need for such hostilities." Godric looked at Rexinon apologetically. "I'm sorry to have to do this, old friend, but my hands are tied. Rexinon the Prophet, Headmaster of the Hellyrrian Order, you've been charged with conspiracy to overthrow the governments of Aurelia and seize control for the Order.
"As we speak, the leaders of the Hellyrrian Order are being gathered for execution. Furthermore, your towers and all their artifacts will be destroyed, and any remnants of the Order's existence is to be wiped from the face of history. As of 0813 this morning, you have been sentenced to death. How do you plead?"
Rexinon continued to write at an incredible rate. He knew why they'd come. He'd known this was coming for months. After all, his gift was the gift of prophecy. The evidence for the charges against him was both substantial and ethereal, depending on what light was shown on it.
Two centuries ago, the Order had tracked the activities of an unknown number of individuals who'd been subtly manipulating several of the Aurelian governing bodies. They'd spread like a poison, corrupting them and turning once prosperous kingdoms which knew few hardships, into lands where the people had to fight just to survive. The problem was that whoever that force had been, always seemed to be just one step ahead of them. Now, not only was it check, but checkmate. The Order had lost.
"I believe the Righteous Twelve to be ill advised. I believe you've been manipulated by the same corrupted governing body which we've spent so long trying to purify—." Seth grunted. "—But," he said at length, "I accept all charges against me, save one. Neither myself nor anyone else of the Order has ever sought to rule Aurelia, as the charges would imply. The Cleansing of Elysian should've been proof enough to show that to be true."
Rexinon penned the final words of his letter and placed the pen back in its stand. Pulling the top off a jar, he dusted the page with a thin layer of sand to soak up any excess ink. After dumping the sand back into another jar to be cleaned, he pushed away from his desk and stood to look at his guests for the first time. After nudging his stool back under, he addressed Godric directly.
"Will you join me on the balcony one last time?"
Godric nodded his head and gestured towards the balcony doorway. As they stepped outside, Jonathan followed.
Rexinon leaned against the railing and looked out over the city, his gaze fixed on the setting sun. Godric joined him and looked down to the tower's base, some five hundred feet below. Although he was not afraid of heights, it gave him respect for the sturdily mounted railing at the balcony's edge.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Rexinon said. Godric looked at him, confused. "The way the world has turned out since that day? Ten thousand years of watching as civilization was rebuilt and destroyed time and time again by a senseless war. Watching them evolve into something more as they learned how to use these gifts we were given. In some ways, we're greater than we ever were. In other ways, we're inferior. If I have any regrets, it's that I couldn't do more to leave the people better prepared for this new age."
"Well spoken. If it's any consolation, I believe this is wrong. I even spoke out against the council for a different outcome. For my efforts, though, I was threatened with execution if I didn't cease my objections."
Rexinon's tone grew heated after hearing of the council's reaction. "You should know better than anyone why I fought so hard against them, then. I'm not against governance. I'm against corrupt governance. We had far too many corrupt politicians and warlords in our own time for me to ever want to allow it again."
Godric nodded his head. "Yes. The problem is you played too heavy a hand too quickly. Instead of accepting that they'd been beaten, they cheated by playing with an ace they had hidden up their collective sleeves."
Rexinon sighed, knowing his words were true. "Indeed. I've accepted my fate. I won't run. Won't even make it difficult for y'all. I have no need to. I would like to make one final request to ease your conscience, though."
Rexinon leaned toward Godric conspiratorially. As he did this, the world around them began to shimmer and distort. Almost like the motion blurring you'd see on a TV. Likewise, their conversation was masked by the sound of white noise and the sound of hushed incoherent whispers.
This was the second hurdle the scrying spells had to deal with. Individuals with divine magic could conceal their conversations or even the events they were a part of. Rexinon had concealed this conversation, and to this day, Godric has never spoken of what was said.
Jonathan returned to the study with a resigned sigh. There was nothing more he could learn from their conversation. Assassin stood in the same spot he'd been when he first entered the room and looked as if he hadn't so much as twitched. Seth, however, was rummaging through the desk's drawers. He'd tried to figure out what he was looking for in the past, but nothing seemed obvious.
The shards of glass from when he'd dropped his cup earlier had vanished, along with the stain on the rug from the liquor. As expected, the glass had returned to the cabinet, and the bottles had refilled to where they were before he'd arrived. This was yet another reminder that this was a magically induced vision of an event that had long since passed. It could be too easy to forget that this wasn't real and that if he spent too much time here, it would have consequences in the real world for him.
He knew they'd be out there a while. In previous visits, he'd occasionally spent this time combing through the room, similar to what Seth was doing. Having cataloged everything centuries ago, there was nothing left to do but wait. So, he walked around the desk and sat squarely within the Mark of Hellyrr embroidered on the rug. There, for the next hour or so, he would remain, arms folded, legs crossed, and eyes shut. Freeing his mind of all unnecessary thoughts and emotions. At least, that was the plan.
About forty minutes in, Seth started to grumble and complain, forcing Jonathan to give up on his meditation. "… I know he's one of the humblest among our kind, but lord, does he have to be so dull? I can't find anything interesting anywhere. Even his liquor cabinet is dull." Seth walked from behind the desk to the liquor cabinet, pulled a few bottles out at random, and read the labels aloud. "Red Adders Bite, Amorian Blood Wine. Christ, he's even got Athester's Sweet Malt. This crap might as well be water." He pulled another bottle down and said, "At least he's got the taste to have at least one bottle of Nordic Berserker."
"Some of us prefer the simpler things in life. You might find life more enjoyable when you aren't always looking for the rare and exotic," Assassin said with a disinterested, almost dismissive tone.
Seth clicked his tongue. "Hell, even this letter he was so focused on when we arrived makes no sense." Seth thrust the letter towards Assassin, who took it nonchalantly. "Look at this."
Jonathan studied Assassin intently, hoping for any sign that would reveal the letter's contents. It was no use, though; for all the emotion he showed, Jonathan would've thought it no more important than a grocery list. But, if that were the case, why obscure it from the eyes of the scrying spell? The frustration caused by such a simple sheet of paper was baffling.
Jonathan got to his feet as Rexinon and Godric returned. As Rexinon walked to stand at the center of the rug, Jonathan moved behind the desk. Godric walked toward Assassin and conversed with him for a few minutes. Once again, the sound of white noise shrouded what was said. This time, it was Godric who masked his words from the spell. When Assassin nodded, Godric moved beside him and faced Rexinon.
Rexinon looked at each tapestry and seemed to relive each as he did so. They all knew those accomplishments and tragedies would stand the test of time. Any efforts to change that would fall flat. The Order had played too significant a role in shaping this new world. Finally, he turned to Godric, kneeling as he met his regret filled eyes.
Assassin pulled an infamous rod from his side, dubbed the Executioner's Handle. Forged in the Dominion of Shadow by Assassin some three thousand years ago. It was one and a half feet long of shadow infused steel and bound with his own divine essence. Ominous black tendrils crawled along Assassin's hand like something alive and flowed into the handle. The shaft elongated, and an axe head formed at its end.
Though he had accepted his fate, seeing that axe form made Rexinon's heart stop momentarily. He looked at Godric questioningly. Godric knew what that look meant and nodded his head in assent. Agreeing to this had allowed them both to right several wrongs this night by asking one simple question. "Do you have any final words or requests?"
"I have two, if you'll grant them. The first, allow me to disband the Order formally as my final act as headmaster."
Seth started to protest, but Assassin lowered the axehead in his direction as a silent threat. Seth glared at Assassin with seething hatred. Godric nodded to Rexinon. "Proceed."
As the headmaster of the Hellyrrian Order, he had a mental connection with every member. Without hesitation, Rexinon's eyes began to glow with a brilliant purple hue. This would be Rexinon's final order, and Godric knew it would save thousands.
"My brothers and sisters, hear me now and heed my words. Abandon the Order and save yourselves. Flee to the hills and never look back to what we once were. With my dying breath, the Hellyrrian Order is no more. The governments of Aurelia have played a hand we can't stand against. Anyone who disregards this command will be hunted down and executed without mercy. To the leaders and guild masters of the Order, I charge you with dismantling everything relating to the Order and turning over every artifact and document you can to Godric the Just, Jonathan the Wise, or Assassin the Watcher. I also ask that you help calm those who feel outraged and betrayed by this night. Do not blame the Twelve, as they were little more than pawns in this corrupt game of politics. Farewell, my friends. My family. May the peace we have fought for be found in the coming days."
The glow faded, and he slumped forward onto his hands, his breathing labored. A few moments passed, and he managed to catch his breath but still looked towards the ground.
"The second request I have is that anyone who would heed that warning be spared. The ruling factions wanted me. As long as no one else causes trouble, we know they won't cause too much fuss over it."
His voice took on a much sharper edge as he looked back up. "You call us a cult, though you know we are nothing of the sort. On the contrary, our Order has stood for nearly five thousand years for the betterment of the entire world. How they treated you should tell you that what I said and what we were doing was justified."
"Shut your mouth, Rex!" Seth spat venomously.
Godric glared at Seth. His own anger with this situation was at the point of breaking free. "Be silent! I don't know what kind of grudge you have, but I, for one, don't give a damn what the council said. Rexinon doesn't deserve death for the crimes he's being accused of. Unfortunately, the ruling factions in almost every nation are corrupted and working towards being as corrupt as they were back in our day." Godric sighed. "Regrettably, my hands are tied, though. The law is the law, and I have been overruled on this matter. Regardless of what my conscience thinks, I will abide by the rules of the land."
Rexinon nodded, understanding Godric's situation perfectly. Godric had become the divine embodiment of law and justice at his ascension. While those two things work hand in hand, they are far from the same, and one must often walk a fine line to serve them both. In this case, the choices were clear. In the end, it didn't matter what he chose; he would inevitably betray one virtue or the other. Unfortunately, there was no good way for him to handle this, and Rexinon could see how this was affecting him.
"The majority of the Order will heed my warning. As for the leaders, if any are still alive, they will follow that command to the letter. They'll even aid you in handling any hotheads who resist," Rexinon said.
"The good news is that no one has yet been executed this evening. I'll personally see to it that those who abide by that order are given a chance to live long, productive lives within society. If all goes well, you will be the only casualty of this idiocy."
Rexinon gave the faintest sign of a smile with a halfhearted chuckle as he said, "Godric, one thing I'll not allow is any of the Order's work ending up in the hands of one of those tyrants. Therefore, I demand that Jonathan be given every document, scroll, and tome held within our strongholds for safekeeping." Rexinon felt exhausted. The spell to warn his Order took more out of him than anticipated.
"You're in no position to be making demands of us," Seth said. Godric finally snapped and struck him so hard that he slammed back into the wall beside the fireplace, cracking it. He got back to his feet a moment later, fixed his shirt, and looked down at the blood he'd wiped from his lip. Godric looked back at Rexinon.
"As you were saying."
"Assassin, I'd ask that you secure all our relics and artifacts, regardless of their magical significance. I don't need to tell you what all we have housed around Aurelia."
"No, you don't. The nukes of our time were nothing compared to some of those items," Assassin replied.
"We'll see to it that it's done. There are things within these walls that were never meant for untrained mortal hands," Godric added.
"As for the texts, Jonathan will have a field day going through everything. There is far too much the council doesn't understand within these walls that we can't afford to lose."
"Godric was right, Rex. I still have everything. Much of which has been quite useful over the centuries,"
Godric turned his head away, no longer able to look Rexinon in the eye. "I no longer deserve the right to call you a friend, but is there anything else you would ask of me?"
Rexinon looked at Godric for a long time and couldn't help but smile. Not at his pain or suffering in following the orders given to him, but knowing that if anyone here had ever been a friend to him, Godric certainly was. With his final words, he left Godric with a warning.
"No, but I'll leave you with this. Be wary of those among you, for one will betray you all. My friend."
Godric nodded, accepting these as Rexinon's final words as a tear ran down his cheek. Rexinon lowered his head, and Assassin enveloped his axe's blade in a purple aura.
"Woah, Assassin, what's with the new color? Never seen that before," Seth asked.
Ignoring the question, Assassin swung the axe, severing Rexinon's head cleanly.
That night, the cries of the Order were heard in every city across Aurelia. All mourning the death of the Order's first, and last, headmaster.
Jonathan fought back tears of his own as he watched the axe's head vanish. Assassin secured the handle on his belt as he walked towards the desk. Godric looked as though he was going to be sick.
"Did you do as I asked?" Godric asked shakily.
"Of course. I may be a trained killer, but even I know this was bullshit, mate."
Seth walked over and picked up Rexinon's severed head by the hair. He held it up before him, a mischievous grin on his face. Then he whispered something into Rexinon's ear.
Assassin's eyes locked on Seth. As he let go of the head, he used one of his abilities, known as shadow step, to cross the distance to where Seth stood. Before Rexinon's head hit the ground, Assassin snatched it out of the air and punched Seth so hard that it sent him flying into the same section of the wall he'd hit earlier. He bounced off it, but the force of the impact sent several of the stones flying into the next room. Seth crumpled to the floor, where he lay unmoving for several seconds. After a while, his head snapped upright, and he began to laugh. He stood up as if nothing had happened and headed out the door. Godric, now seething with anger, watched as Assassin started to go after him. "Leave him. He's not worth your time."
Jonathan paced around the room, waiting for the spell to wear off. His heart ached, and his own anger toward Seth at that moment made him wish he could destroy the man. But that was Seth's way, and they'd all learned to let it go in time. The world began to blur and vanish, reverting to the Archive once again.
He closed the cover, placing the tome back on the shelf with a heavy sigh. His fingers lingered on the binding as he read the inscription, A Complete History of the Hellyrrian Order, Volume 666. Finally, Jonathan let his hand fall to the side as he walked away with his shoulders slumped.
As if speaking to an old friend, he lamented, "Damn you, Rex. Why couldn't you have just left well enough alone?"
As Jonathan walked away, he shed a tear at the loss of one of his closest friends.
submitted by Michael_AN_Creech
to KeepWriting [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:11 thejohnfist Cheesing the Fire Temple?
I'm slowly working my way through the game. The temples are surprisingly easy compared to many past Zelda games.
The fire shrine for instance, was entirely too easy. I didn't use a single mine cart. Simple fan bike got 4/5 gongs and a ice fruit under another one with lava and ascend took care of the last one.
Anyone else finding the temples too easy?
submitted by thejohnfist
to TOTK [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:10 Technical-Honeydew40 how can i (24f) be a better girlfriend to my (28m) boyfriend?
i am 24 (f) and my boyfriend is 28. we have been together for 4 years now and we’re starting to hit a rocky point, which is mainly my fault. and i’m kind of glad i’m finally able to admit that i’m the problem, but i don’t know how to fix it.
now this is my first relationship ever. i’ve somehow gone through life doing everything in my power to avoid relationships. i never saw myself as a person to love someone, or to be loved. i put up this emotional wall for 6 months while he was trying to win me over. evidently, he won my heart and i am deeply in love with this man.
now according to family, i’ve always been kind of on the ruder side - aka younger sibling syndrome. don’t like to be touched. easy to tick off. but with my boyfriend in the beginning of our official relationship, i was always in a good mood, pleasant to be around, and we had fun all the time. but now… i am CONSTANTLY rude to my boyfriend. getting mad about the smallest things and making it ruin the whole night. every night. my boyfriend expressed to me he is no longer happy in our relationship and misses the old me, and we are on the verge of breaking up if i don’t become kinder, and generally less angry.
backstory: i have struggled with mental health problems pretty much my whole life. nothing very serious and no diagnosis, but it’s very apparent i have some form of depression. not sure if that plays a role, but i can clearly admit i can be extremely irritable, and that might be a root cause of how i treat my loved ones. which sucks. and i struggle to express my emotions. i don’t want to be this angry person anymore. why would i?
the solution sounds simple, just stop being a cold bitch all the time, but sadly i am struggling with it - for whatever reason. any tips on how to improve my attitude and save my relationship?
submitted by Technical-Honeydew40
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:06 IaProc [First of Our Kind] - Chapter 32 - Part I
Previous: https://redd.it/142fe2y Chapter 32
As Mae had previewed, the weeks that passed since the incident in the Logistics Bay were fraught with speculation and feeding the rumor mill. Quin felt he couldn’t walk ten paces on Nemo before meeting some askance gaze of a crewmember or hearing the murmurings of a conversation that abruptly stopped when he would round a corner. Mae was right though that, after a while, the incident became old news and the ruckus died down a bit. Certainly, there was always an inappropriate joke to be had during dinner or dark looks from certain members of the crew, but as the time passed, people turned once again to daily happenings onboard, when the next stopover would take place, and the perennial favorite: who happened to be sleeping with whom.
This last item tended to occupy people to no end, and Quin felt a bit unfortunate that this news also pertained him. Mae and Liza’s breakup and the apparent spat that he and Pepper had ran through the corridors just as fast as the news about Nova. Quin was honestly unsure which conversation he dreaded being brought up more. It seemed that individuals he had never or barely even met knew more about his world than he himself was aware. It was during one of these conversations with two people from the Engineering section that Quin accidently lost it and stormed off, an act he regretted immediately for furthering the gossip chain. “So is it true that you had to hold Mae back so she wouldn’t punch Liza?” the guy had asked. ”What? NO. What the hell?” Quin responded, flabbergasted. “Well, I heard from someone in the officer’s corridor that there was yelling and someone got hit. Do you know who got punched?” The other person was practically on their toes with anticipation. “NO ONE GOT PUNCHED!” Quin shouted, ready to leave the conversation as soon as possible. “Jeez, why are you yelling?” as the first person, blind to Quin’s growing frustration. “Don’t you know, Liza’s friend broke up with him the next day because of the fight?” The second person remarked to the first, now completely cutting Quin out of the conversation. “WE WEREN’T EVEN DATING! WHAT THE HELL?!” Quin screamed, turned on his heels and stormed off to nowhere in particular.
Thankfully, this was probably the worst interaction he had had as a result of those unfortunate few days, aside from the actual conversations themselves that he experienced with Pepper and Nova themselves. He would have appreciated any interaction with either of them at all, if he was honest. The silent treatment from the both of them was practically unbearable. Mae’s words of encouragement, “Time, give it time,” only helped so much when he would pass by Pepper in the corridors or when he had to work directly with Nova during his long shifts in the lab. Nova had limited their conversations to something like a comment box, dropping in parcels of a conversation to the syslog, to be taken up at her leisure and delivered at inconvenient times in the middle of the night. But at the very least, Nova was responding, albeit specifically for work and solely related to their responsibilities together. Pepper, on the other hand, was completely mute. Painfully so, Quin noted as she passed by him going into the cafeteria and didn’t even afford him a glance.
The level of complete non-interaction with Pepper and the invasion into his life by everyone else was beginning to wear on him, and he felt more cut off from the rest of the crew than ever before. He had stopped visiting Bostwick’s chamber for fear of the look of pity that the Commander often wore when passing by him. At least Mae had somewhat of a ‘tough love’ approach to cheering him up. Bostwick’s uncompromising warmth and sympathetic looks made Quin feel guilty rather than comforted, and shameful rather than encouraged. In fact, in the two and a half weeks that passed since Nemo had left the Rhea stopover and Quin passed the night under the watch of the Commander, Quin had only exchanged glances with Bostwick.
Then there was the insomnia. At first, Quin felt nothing but lethargy as he felt the different components of his life crumble around him. The inability to communicate with Tess, the intolerable pity of Mae and Bostwick, the unbearable silence from Pepper and Nova, the frustration expressed by the command staff, and the whispers and side-eyes from the rest of the crew all contributed to the complete physical and mental shutdown he experienced after leaving Rhea. He would steal away to his chamber during break periods to nap, and he would skip meals in order to stay in his room, profiting from the odd bits of food Mae snuck out of the cafeteria. However, after several days of feeling an inability to motivate himself to be out of bed, he started to find that he would lie awake, staring at the ceiling, or glancing at the clock and fretting that it was already 4:00 in the morning.
It was on one of these early mornings that Quin saw the numbers 3:22 at the top of his tablet, and he felt as if it would be impossible for him to find any sleep that night. He had laid down in bed at 22:05 with every intention of forcing a good night’s sleep, but with five hours passing by and no respite coming, he sat up on the edge of his bed and rubbed his eyes a bit. He figured that the coffee station in the kitchen would probably have some hot water with which to make tea, and that could possibly help him. He threw his jumpsuit and boots on and strolled out of the room.
The ship was deserted and peaceful, the type of quiet that Quin relished. It was almost trance-inducing, the soft hum of the ship that Quin felt coming through the very walls themselves. He felt the sound reverberate through him and it was soothing. He set off toward the kitchen. The sleet grey walls of Nemo’s interior usually made for a serious backdrop, but at this hour, it had the effect of dimming the corridors and adding to the sleepy atmosphere of the ship. He stuffed his hands deep in his pockets and followed the sleek lines of the hallways with his eyes as he passed. He came upon the cafeteria doors and walked by them to skirt the main room. He was heading for the back area, the sparkling room with gleaming metal and white tile and a peaceful getaway. Upon swiping his arm against the pad, though, he found that the space was already occupied. A voice greeted him before he had an opportunity to look up.
“Hey Quin, can’t sleep? Is it another bad dream?” Bostwick was sitting on a stool with a steaming cup of coffee in his hand and his illuminated tablet resting on one of the food prep work tables. The man had a weary look around his eyes but Quin could still discern the warmth that emanated from the wrinkles near his temples and the large smile he wore. Quin froze, unsure whether to step into the room and submit himself to another round of pity or try to find some excuse for leaving and head back to his room. In his uncertainty, he ended up standing in the doorway, causing the automatic doors to try to swish shut but freezing and retracting, over and over again.
“Well? Are you just going to stand there, mouth agape, or are you going to come get something to drink like you had planned?” Bostwick said with an eyebrow raised, his mouth now reflecting a knowing smirk. Slowly, Quin trudged into the room, his hands clenched in his pockets as he tried to suppress the nerves that were boiling in his stomach. He gingerly walked over to the coffee station and put a tea bag in a cup and pressed the release valve to allow boiling water to fall over it. Then he set the cup down to steep. He kept his eyes fixed on the surface of the brewing tea, though he felt the hair on the nape of his neck stand as he guarded himself for Bostwick’s eventual conversation starter. But after a minute, it didn’t come. Quin stood there watching the deep brown tea diffuse throughout the water but did not hear a word come from Bostwick. Hesitantly, Quin looked around and saw Bostwick tapping on his tablet, seemingly composing a message.
Quin shuffled his feet a bit before clearing his throat lightly. Without even looking up, Bostwick said, “I’m able to read signs, Quin. If you don’t want to talk to me, I’m more than happy to oblige your intention to be left alone.”
Quin’s eyes shot up to look at Bostwick, who kept on typing as if he hadn’t spoken. Quin was left a bit taken aback. Oh hell,
he thought, is it that obvious or can he read my mind?
He shuffled again and then picked up his tea cup. Quick, say something, you idiot, his mind was screaming at him as he struggled to put together his words.
“Look, uh, Commander, I—“ Quin started, but was immediately cut off.
“Louis, but please continue,” Bostwick said, looking up at him and smiling.
Whatever momentum Quin had built up in trying to speak, he lost it with Bostwick’s interruption. He started to second-guess even his need to speak if Bostwick was going to be able to anticipate the conversation. His mentor apparently picked up on his nervousness, because he relieved Quin’s tension by taking up what was going through Quin’s head.
“Quin, listen, I understand that you feel like you want to be left alone,” Bostwick said, his tone soft and unassailing. “And I’m sensing that you feel a bit embarrassed about being vulnerable in front of me. That’s a totally normal human feeling. I hope you aren’t feeling, though, that I overstepped any boundaries by not waking you up immediately when you fell asleep in my room?”
“No, uh, Louis, it’s not that,” Quin said abashedly.
“Good, I’m glad. So if you are feeling ashamed about the way I show that I care about you, please just tell me, and we can talk about how I can change that.”
Again, Quin was at a loss for words. It’s not that I don’t want him to care about me,
he thought, it’s that I want him to be mad. Why wasn’t he angry at all? That I could deal with. But he’s so kind that I feel like I want to scream.
Quin lifted his eyes and finally met Bostwick’s own piercing gaze. Bostwick seemed to interpret the silence and took up the conversation again.
“Unless…perhaps you are feeling ashamed about your own reaction?” Bostwick posited. “Quin, it’s almost the twenty-third century, well actually, for everyone not aboard this ship, it already is. We are long past the cultural stereotype of men not being able to cry. I’d say that your expression of deep emotion is quite masculine, and I for one would—“
Quin interrupted him, “No, Louis, it’s not that either.”
Bostwick fell silent for a moment, then continued gently, “Okay, again, if you wouldn’t like to discuss it right now, you can simply have your tea and we can sip our respective beverages in silence. Though I will note that a 3am excursion raises all sorts of eyebrows that a lesser XO would rush to conclusions. Thankfully for you, I’m not a lesser XO.” He ended with a smirk, returning to his tablet with a very self-satisfied look on his face.
Quin let the silence fill the room again as he turned his cup in his hands, the warmth slowly radiating through his cold fingertips and seemingly giving him a bit of courage. After a moment, he slowly walked over to the work table and set his cup down. Again, without looking up, Bostwick pulled a stool out from underneath the table and pushed it toward Quin. Quin couldn’t help but smile a bit at Bostwick’s level of tact in assuming. He took the proffered stool and plopped himself down, elbows on the work table and eyes fixed on the tea cup. Hesitantly, he glanced at Bostwick, who was humming a tune and slowly shaking his head back and forth in rhythm as he completed his message and hit the send button.
Quin cleared his throat and made his attempt, “Commander, uh sorry, Louis, it’s not that I don’t appreciate everything. I really do. I just…I was just wishing you would be less…I don’t know…understanding? A little more mad?”
“I have no intention of being mad at you Quin. That would be counterproductive and a waste of energy. Wouldn’t you say?”
“Well, I um, what do you mean?” Quin shook his head as his eyes fell.
“I’d imagine that your self-imposed reclusion and the restrictions imposed by Captain Fuentes would be a sufficient punishment, and you are probably looking for a friendly face, especially after things with Ensign Jefferson, erm, Pepper, have recently soured. That would leave you with Mae to seek some company and I daresay that Lieutenant Rohlwing has her own mission responsibilities and personal tumult to deal with, no?”
Quin was staring with his mouth open at Bostwick, who yet again was wearing a rather pleased smirk on his face. How in the hell did he know all of that?
Quin thought, unable to keep an astounded look off his face.
Bostwick chuckled, then seemingly replied to Quin’s thought, “You people think the command staff are a bunch of old farts out of touch with the inner workings of the social network among you youths, but I too hear things. I have my spies on board.”
Quin laughed, causing Bostwick to perk up a bit, “Oh alright,” he rejoiced, arms up in the air. “Ten points to Bostwick for making the moody one laugh.”
Quin laughed more heartily and took a sip of his tea. When he looked back up he saw Bostwick was staring at him with an encouraging look on his face, as if to say May I keep asking questions?
Quin sipped his tea again and nodded softly, almost to himself as he continued to chuckle.
“So, I take it you and Ms. Jefferson have not spoken much since we set off from Rhea?” Bostwick asked, eyebrow raised.
“No, that would require her wanting to speak to me,” Quin said dryly.
“How do you know she doesn’t want to speak to you?” Bostwick asked.
“Well, she seems to avoid or ignore me, so I’m trying to take the hint,” Quin said, trying to be nonchalant in his tone.
“Do you still like her?” Bostwick continued.
“Yeah, a lot. I thought we were doing well, really well on Rhea, but I said some stupid things in defending Mae to her, and I know I need to apologize, but she basically called me a coward, she said I needed to ‘grow a spine.’” Quin quickly gave Bostwick the back and forth of what constituted Pepper and his last conversation.
“I don’t think you are a coward. You do have a tendency to take your relationships with everyone very seriously, which is for the most part endearing, but I can see how she would find that stubbornness a bit frustrating when she is trying to argue with it.”
“So now you are on her side?” Quin said sharply.
“I wouldn’t dare try to take her side, but you don’t need to bite my head off for trying to give you some advice. I can see it’s not welcome though,” Bostwick said flatly, falling silent.
“No…wait, I’m sorry,” Quin said, changing his tone immediately. “Please, Louis, help me. What should I do?”
“An honest apology to start, you would be surprised how far being honest and sincere gets you. People seem to forget that. Then I would try to start seeing Ms. Jefferson outside of your interactions with Mae and Liza. Give yourselves something to talk about other than your common friends. That way you don’t revert into difficult territory immediately.”
“Like what?” Quin asked. “Watch a movie with her or something?”
“That being your strong, go-to approach, sure you could start there,” Bostwick said. “As an extra hint, I hear that the kitchen has some late-night snacks stashed away back here, and if you know someone, you can get good movie food. You could even, you know, call it a date or something. Don’t be afraid to ask her to do something at the next stopover too. Again, call it a date. If she sees you taking her seriously like you do everything else, she’ll probably appreciate you being intentional about it. That’s my guess. Anyway, Cronus is supposed to be a little bit more of an open schedule, so you can be more creative.”
Bostwick was making all sorts of sense. His was the type of advice that Quin had been looking for all along. Quin found himself shaking his head, as he processed everything. Bostwick seemed to misinterpret it.
“What? You’re thinking a different approach?” he said, a bit surprised.
“NO! No, sorry, it’s just…I’ve been such an idiot. That’s really good advice, I’ve just been stupid not talking to you. I don’t know why,” Quin finished, again shaking his head.
“Because you are young, and you guys don’t like getting romantic advice from someone your parents’ age,” Bostwick said, smiling.
“You aren’t that old,” Quin said, “I know we joke about it, but you can’t be more than…”
Bostwick laughed. “Be careful how you finish that sentence, Mr. Hammond.”
“Well, anyway, you aren’t that old. You just…I don’t know, you have this way about you, it made me want to avoid you. I felt ashamed that you were being all sympathetic, and it made me blind to the fact that I really needed to talk to you. What I mean is, you are a good listener, and I forgot that when I was unable to think straight. I felt all of these things happening around me, and you were there when that stuff happened with Nova. I know you were just trying to be nice. I’m sorry I was such an ass.”
“Well, if you were looking for honest and sincere apologies, Quin, you just found yourself one,” Bostwick said, putting his hand on Quin’s shoulder. “Change it up a little to be specific for her, and I’m sure you will have a good result. Don’t forgot to take care of yourself when you are trying to fix everything else, you know? It’s not possible to be perfect, so don’t make yourself sick in trying to be.”
“Yeah, right,” Quin said softly. “I wish I could fix everything, just like that.” He snapped his fingers.
“That would be nice, but unfortunately, we aren’t computers, and life isn’t all math problems. Sometimes life just needs time and a bit of decent humanity.” The two of them were silent for a little while as Quin stewed in his thoughts. Despite the hour, he was wide awake and appreciative of his little night excursion. After the pause had continued much longer than Quin expected, he looked up and saw Bostwick studying him. The man opened his mouth and then hesitated, before beginning tenderly, “Speaking of, how are things going with Nova?”
Quin sighed a bit, collecting his thoughts. Then he decided it was for the best and recounted to Bostwick the last conversation that Nova and he had face to face. The two of them had really not spoken since that evening some weeks ago. As Quin was narrating the story to Bostwick, the Commander was slightly chuckling and shaking his head. Astounded, Quin finished his story and confronted Bostwick.
“What’s so funny?” he demanded. “You’ve been laughing the entire time.”
“She’s quite brilliant, you know,” Bostwick said, scratching his forehead, eyes wide. “She presents these neat little ethical quandaries as if they were nothing and yet, scientists and philosophers have been asking the same types of questions about artificial intelligence for maybe two hundred years. It’s only now that we have got a being that is the walking and talking example of that.”
“Yeah, well, she’s another one that’s not talking to me,” Quin said.
“Well, Quin, I’m afraid I must give you the same advice. You should apologize. In her view, and I think objectively, you were somewhat of, if I may borrow your words, ‘an ass.’”
“This time I think you are definitely taking her side,” Quin said, sourly.
“Indeed. You created her. She takes her direction from you. You are kind of like her father, her brother, her friend, and her crewmate all rolled into one. The obligations of any one of those roles would be enough to say you needed to be there for her, and unfortunately you found yourself too busy being in your own head. Perhaps this is the root of your problem with both Ms. Jefferson and Nova. You are so busy letting everything weigh on you, being worried all the time, that you are unable to focus externally and be present for other people.” Quin’s eyes were downcast, his shoulders slumped. Well, if this is his form of a closing pick-me-up, I don’t think it’s working,
Quin thought, sighing deeply.
“Fortunately,” Bostwick continued suddenly, “I think the solution is relatively simple and similar. You need to apologize to Nova, sincerely this time, and you need to spend some time with her, outside of work, so that you can normalize being around her. If your point was that you sometimes forget that she is only part human, then you need to do more human things with her in order to sensitize yourself to how she acts. She shouldn’t have to change for you, it should be the other way around. She can’t just be a mantelpiece in your career, Quin. She thinks.”
Quin sighed aloud, saying, “Yet again, another piece of sound advice from the ever-so-sage Commander Bostwick. And yet again, the solution is that I was wrong.”
Bostwick laughed. “Well, welcome to being an adult, my friend. Everything is complicated and you are usually wrong.” He patted Quin on the back. “Sarcasm aside, it’s okay to be wrong, just own up to it.”
Quin nodded slightly, acknowledging Bostwick’s counsel. The room was silent for a bit longer. The Commander downed his cup of coffee and looked into it, as if inspecting the bottom.
“You know what,” he said, looking up. “I think I’m going to have some tea too, but I’ve been keen to try some of the apple honey they brought me, you want some?” Quin nodded slowly, lost in his thought. Honey,
he said to himself, honey, something about…honey.
“Can you believe they make all of this on Rhea?” Bostwick said over his shoulder. “I honestly can’t understand how their entire ecosystem, let alone their economy, operates off apples. It’s nuts.” Bostwick chuckled to himself. “Sorry for the pun.” Apples and honey,
Quin’s brain was churning, but at this hour it was too fuzzy. …and honey.
He set two new cups down in front of them, still steaming and with the tea infusers bobbing around on the surface. He pulled a jar down from one of the kitchen cabinets and ladled a small bit of honey into each cup. After stirring a bit, Bostwick took a sip and smacked his lips, grinning satisfactorily at Quin.
“Oh my, that’s so good,” Bostwick said, relishing the taste as he took another draw. “You should drink it while it’s hot.”
Quin brought the cup to his lips mechanically, though he could have sworn that he was missing something. He felt himself distracted by Louis enjoying his cup of tea, the early hour, and the lack of a good night’s sleep for several days. I could have sworn that I just remembered something,
he thought, growing frustrated at the lack of ability of his brain to recall what it was that was escaping him. Resigning himself, he took a long swig, his eyes closing automatically when the taste of the sweet and sour apple-tinged honey hit his lips. Instantly, he was transported back onto Rhea, where he savored several fleeting moments of being away and being happy. Unfortunately, his happiness was suddenly ripped away from the call from Nemo. What I wouldn’t give to be back there to have some more time with Pepper and Mae,
he thought while recollecting the honey tasting in the orchard. He remembered the smile on Pepper’s face, how infectious it was, and Mae’s giggling at him.
“Hmm,” Bostwick said into the silence, “it’s just about time that the command deck wakes up. Some of the buzzing should start soon.”
“Buzzing?” Quin asked distantly, almost half-consciously.
“Sorry, yeah, buzzing. Message traffic. Unfortunately, a lot of the lingo revolves around bees.”
“Bees?” Quin asked, his brain slowly coming to.
“Yeah, bees,” Bostwick said, studying Quin curiously. “You know, Captain Fuentes being the Queen, the Deck being the hive, that sort of thing.”
“Bees!” Quin exclaimed.
“What?” Bostwick demanded, flabbergasted.
“Louis! BEES!” Quin shouted, shooting off his stool and slamming his cup down.
“Quin, I don’t-“ Bostwick began, but Quin wasn’t listening. The young man half-sprinted out of the room.
“BEES!” Quin shouted again, his face mixed with a smile and intense concentration.
“Okay, Mr. Cage,” Bostwick said, chuckling and shaking his head, his eyes and mouth reflecting a knowing smile as he watched Quin run out of the room.
submitted by IaProc
to redditserials [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:02 This-Librarian-7679 PIO Anxiety
Starting PIO tonight, and I’m terrified. Stims we’re easy for me, injected by myself. But the PIO has my mind just all over the place due to the gauge of the needle and length. And I don’t have much to pinch there to even get a good grip and I’m freaking out dreading tonight. (Had the nurse draw where to inject) Husband is going to help but the thought is just totally messing with me 😞 Any suggestions to shake the anxiety?
submitted by This-Librarian-7679
to IVF [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:02 AutoModerator I HAVE Iman Gadzhi Agency Navigator, Biaheza Dropshipping Course, Andrew Tate all Courses Bundle, And OVER 3,000 MORE COURSES. If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/)
If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/
) NEW COURSES
(Included when buying my whole collection!):
· ⭐Iman Gadzhi – Agency Navigator 2023
· ⭐Sam Ovens - Consulting Accelerator 2023
· ⭐Cole Gordon – 30 Day Closer
· ⭐Montell Gordon - Agency Transmulation
· ⭐Charlie Morgan - Easygrow Course
· ⭐Sebastian Esqueda - Ecom Revolution
· ⭐Biaheza Droppshiping Course 2023
· Andrew Tate – Courses Bundle
· Charlie Morgan - Imperium Agency
· Charlie Morgan - Gym Growth Accelerator
· Biaheza - Full Dropshipping Course 2023
· Jordan Welch - The Reveal 2023
· Savannah Sanchez - TikTok Ads Course 2023
· Iman Gadzhi - Copy Paste Agency
· Sam Ovens - UpLevel Consulting
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Andrew Giorgi – Amazon Dropshipping Course
· Sebastian Esqueda – Ecom Revolution Training Program
· Luca Netz – Advanced Dropshipping 2023
· Kevin King – Freedom Ticket 3.0
· Jordan Platten – LearnAds – Facebook Ads Pro 2023
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Dan Vas – Ecom Freedom Shopify Blueprint 2023
· Alexander J.A Cortes - WiFi Money Machine
· Kody Knows - Native Mastery
· Bastiaan Slot - Six Figure Consulting
· Kaibax - Centurion agency
· Joe Robert - Print On Demand Accelerator
· Ryan Hogue - Ryan's Method Dropshipped POD
· Kevin Zhang - Ecommerce Millionaire Mastery
· Ryan Lee – 48 Hour Continuity
· [METHOD] ⚡️TikTok Algorithm Domination Skyrocket your engagement TODAY Updated 2023✨
· Troy Ericson – Email List Management Certification
· Larry Goins – Filthy Riches Home Study Course
· Ry Schwartz – Automated Intimacy
· Patrick Bet-David – All Access Bundle
· Andrea Unger – Master the Code & Go LIVE
· Jon Benson – 10 Minute Sales Letter
· Alen Sultanic – Automatic Clients & Bonuses
· Taylor Welch – Cashflow for Consultants
· Akeem Reed – Slingshot Rental Blueprint
· The Futur Greg Gunn – Illustration for Designers
· Trading180 – Supply And Demand Zone Trading Course
· Jim McKelvey (Foundr) – How To Build An Unbeatable Business
· Master of AI Copy – Copy School by Copyhackers
· Copyhackers – Copy School 2023
· Matei – Gann Master Forex Course
· YOYAO Hsueh – Topical Maps Unlocked
· Tyler McMurray – Facts Verse Youtube Automation Course
· Ashton Shanks – 7 Day Copywriting Challenge Featuring ChatGPT
· Rene Lacad – Rockstar Marketing Blueprint
· Top Trade Tools – Hedge Fund Trender
· Brandi Mowles – Conversion For Clients
· Glen Allsopp – SEO Blueprint 2 (DETAILED)
· Trading Busters – Prop Trading Formula Course
· Sam Woods – The AI Copywriting Workshop (Complete Edition)
· Brian Anderson – Recovery Profit System
· LOW COMPETITION KEYWORDS IN MINUTES ⚡ 70+ REVIEWS ✅ BONUS PDF WORTH $200+
· Devon Brown – Easiest System Ever
· Duston McGroarty – St. Patrick’s Day 2023 Live Event
· Dan Wardrope – Click & Deploy Sales Android
· Lost Boys Academy – How To Make Life Changing Money With OnlyFans!
· WealthFRX Trading Mastery Course 2.0
· TOM & HARRY – Digital Culture Academy
· 100+ Cold Email Templates
· [METHOD] ✅ Make Real Cash with Auto Blogging ⛔Get $1199 Worth of Resources ❌ CUSTOMIZED SECRET PROCESS⚡DONE FOR YOU SITE ⭐ Unlimited Niche Opportunity & So on
· Tobias Dahlberg – Brand Mastery
· Raul Gonzalez – Day Trading Institution 2.0
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen –Impact Academy 2023
· [METHOD] ☢️ The Quick eBay Money Loophole Guide ☢️
· Apteros Trading – March 2023 Intensive
· Rob Lennon – Zero to 10k Twitter Accelerator
· Rob Lennon – Next-Level Prompt Engineering with AI
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen – NEW Audiobook Income Academy Download
· Grow and Convert – Customers From Content
· Charles Miller – The Writersonal Branding Playbook
· Kaye Putnam – Convert with a Quiz
· Forex Mentor – London Close Trade 2.0
· Chase Reiner – Fortune Bots Update 1
· Andrew Ethan Zeng – Social Marketing Mastery
· [Method] Upload FULL, 100% Unedited Copyrighted Videos on Youtube! Content ID DESTROYER!
· Digital Daily – Top 150 ChatGPT Prompts to Make your Life Easy
· Patek Fynnip – Psychology Course
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· [METHOD] ⚡ See the MAGIC of Bulk Posting ✨ Untapped Method ✅ [ BONUS ChatGpt and Affiliate list Pdf]✅
· ⭕️ YouTube Content Machine – Unlimited FREE traffic for CPA – Fully Automated Method ⭕️
· Jakob Greenfeld – Scraping The Web For Fun and Profit
· Adrian Twarog – OpenAI Template Starter Kit for ChatGPT / GPT3
· The Secret Merchants List of Over 2000+ Dropshippers and Amazon FBA Suppliers Based in The US
· Top Trade Tools – Top Swing Trader Pro
· Charlie Houpert – Charisma University 2023
· ▶️ [METHOD + GUIDE] ✅ Make Money ✅ with Kindle Books ⚠️ Even if You Can’t Write ⚠️ [STEP-BY-STEP] ⚡ NO INVESTMENT REQUIRED! ⚡
· Charlie Morgan – Easy Grow
· Nina Clapperton – Jasper AI Course for Bloggers
· Travis Stephenson – Simple Profit System
· Manny Khoshbin – Real Estate Starter Program
· Tanner Henkel & Jerrod Harlan – 7-Figure Email Machine
· [METHOD] Stop Wasting Money on AI Writers Train And Fine-Tune Your Own AI For Free With No Code ⚡⚡⚡Real Method & Practice Examples ⚡⚡
· Creator Hooks – YouTube Title Mastery
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· Sean Dollwet – Royalty Hero
· Jason Bell – Birthday Marketing Formula
· NXT Level FX – Investors Domain
· [METHOD] ⏩ My ETSY $40K~ Passive Income 2023 + HOT Products (Earning Proof) ⏪ Make Money No Marketing Easy $40K~ Guide FOR NOOBS ✅
· Rob Jones & Gerry Cramer – Profit Singularity Ultra Edition 2022 (AI & ChatGPT)
· Cody Wittick & Taylor Lagace – The Influencer Marketing Blueprint
· ⚡️➡️$390/Week BLUEPRINT+PROOF✅Scalable Method❤️Amazon to eBay Dropship✅
· Kody Ashmore – Simpler Trading – Drama Free Day Trades ELITE
· Youri van Hofwegen – YouTube Search Automation
· Montell Gordon – Agency Transmutation
· Csaba Borzasi – Breakthrough Conversions Academy
· Tim Denning – Twitter Badassery
· Geoff Cudd – AI Writing Course for Bloggers & Digital Marketers
· RED CPA FORMULA – UNTAPPED UNDERGROUND CPA SYSTEM
· BowtiedCocoon – Zero to $100k: Landing Any Tech Sales Role
· Holly Starks – Make LINK BUILDING Great Again!
· Mike Warren – Deeds4Cash
· BITCOIN BRITS – The Crypto Course
· Max Gilles – ⚡️☄️ UHQ Leak ❤️CPA JACKER – Epic CPA Blueprint✅⚡️
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit Update 9
· Christina Galbato – The Influencer Bootcamp
· John Thornhill – Ambassador Program
· [Sales] 999+ Ultimate ChatGPT Prompts To Copy & Paste (250+ tasks)
· Pollinate Trading – Curvy Trading System
· Content Mavericks – The Greatest Hits Content System
· Andriy Boychuk – Flowium – Klaviyo Mastery 2.0
· Dagobert Renouf – How To Dominate Twitter (Advanced Growth Bundle)
· Darius Lukas – ⭐ The Marketer’s Bible to ChatGPT ✅ 1000+ ChatGPT Prompts to Copy, Paste & Scale
· Billy Gene – 5 Day A.I. Crash Course for Marketers
· Alex Cattoni – Posse Eye Brand Voice Challenge Program
· Casey Zander – YouTube Fame Game Blueprint
· Harlan Kilstein – Midjourney Mastery
· Shawna Newman – YouTube for Niche Sites
· [Marketing] 1099+ Ultimate ChatGPT Marketing Prompts To Copy & Paste (200+ tasks)
· Karen Foo – Star Traders Forex Intermediate Course
· TheMacLyf – Hive Mind & Masterclass (Onlyfans Course)
· Brittany Lewis – Top Seller Secret
· Dan Henry – Facebook Ads for Entrepreneur
· Russ Horn – Ultra Blue Forex
· Scott Phillips – Crypto Salary System
· Roland Frasier – AI Powered Expert Apprentice + Update 1
· Roger & Barry – Give Academy 1k/Day Platinum Mastermind [COMPLETE with LATEST UPDATE]
· Bretty Curry (Smart Marketer) – Smart Amazon Ecommerce
· Steven Dux – Traders Edge 2023
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit
· Allie Bjerk – Tiny Offer Lab
· Dicke Bush – Generate 10x More Content Using AI
· Mateusz Rutkowski – New Money Blueprint
· Smart Raja Concepts (SRC) – Forex 101
· Chase Reiner – Short Form Riches Bootcamp 2023 – AI ChatGPT Bot Update 3
· Chase Reiner – AI Profits
· Travis Sago – Cold Outreach & Prospecting AMA Offer (Best Value with All Bonuses)
· Live Traders – Professional Trading Strategies
· Allan Dib – The 1-Page Marketing Plan Course
· Dan Koe – Digital Economics Masters Degree
· The Trading Guide – The Gold Box Strategy
· The Complete XAUUSD GOLD Forex Scalping System On Real Trading Account
If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/
submitted by AutoModerator
to FreeDownload2023 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:59 seochatter How to Add Keywords to a Website for Search Engine Optimization
Keywords are the magic words that help people find your website when they search online. They are also the magic words that help your website rank higher in search engines like Google.
But how do you put keywords on a website for search engine optimization (SEO)?
This short post will teach you how to quickly optimize your web pages for keywords to make them more attractive and useful for both search engines and users
By following these steps, you will be able to boost your website’s visibility and traffic from organic search.
Note: There’s a dedicated guide on this topic over at the SEO Chatter blog here: How to Add Keywords to a Website for Search Engine Optimization
, but this post includes the most important highlights to help you quickly understand the topic of putting keywords on a website.
Go Deeper In the SEO Chatter Mentorship
- Meta Title: This is the headline that shows up in the search results. It should have your main keyword and be catchy and relevant to your page.
- Meta Description: This is the text that shows up below the meta title in the search results. It should have your primary keyword and 1-3 secondary keywords used in a natural way while being descriptive and persuasive to make people click on your page.
- URL: This is the web address of your page. It should have your main keyword and be short and simple to make it easy to remember and type.
- Header Tags: These are the tags that show the headings and subheadings of your page. They should have your main and other keywords and be clear and informative to tell people what your page is about.
- Body Content: This is the main text of your page. It should have your main and other keywords naturally and strategically throughout the content. It should also be relevant, useful, and engaging for your audience.
- Images: These are the visual elements that make your page more attractive and interesting. They should have your keywords in the image file name, alt text, and caption to make them more searchable and accessible for both search engines and users.
- DIV Tags: These are the tags that divide your page into sections or containers. They can help you organize your content and layout. They can also have your keywords in the class or id attributes to make them more semantic and SEO-friendly.
- Title Attribute: This is an optional attribute that gives extra information about an element when you hover over it with your mouse. It can have your keywords to make your elements more descriptive and user-friendly.
- Internal Link Anchor Text: These are the links that connect different pages on your website. They can help you improve your site structure and user experience. They can also have your keywords in the anchor text to make them more relevant and contextual for both search engines and users.
- Navigation Menu: This is the list of links that helps users navigate your website. It can have your keywords in the menu items to make them more intuitive and SEO-friendly.
Would you like to get some personalized help on implementing the strategies we've discussed here for your own website? The SEO Chatter Mentorship program could be right for you.
Inside you'll get:
- One-on-one personalized consulting with me as your trusted mentor.
- Access to a community of like-minded marketers.
- Advanced SEO and digital marketing guides that can help you run a more successful business overall.
Get the full details here: SEO Chatter Mentorship
submitted by seochatter
to SEOChatter [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:57 stephenagorsor Blossom Garden: Tile Match
| || | submitted by stephenagorsor to u/stephenagorsor [link] [comments]
Blossom Garden: Tile Match GAMES ∙ 2023
LIHUHU PTE. LTD.
Hey there, flower enthusiasts! Get ready to dive into a game that's all about one thing: FLOWERS! We've got a truckload of beautiful blooms waiting for you to explore and enjoy. From roses to sunflowers, tulips to orchids, over 200 unique flower tiles, we've got 'em all! So, if you're a flower lover or just looking for some bloomin' relaxation, grab this game now and let the floral fun begin. Trust us, it's a bloomin' good time! Welcome to Blossom Garden where your goal is to clear matching flower tiles by grouping them in sets of two. The faster you match the tiles, the more stars you’ll earn. Race against the clock to complete levels by clearing all the tiles. And don’t forget to use boosters to make the levels easier. Immerse yourself in our serene flower garden and let go of your stress as you play this relaxing game with zen and flower themes. Blossom Garden is the perfect game for you if you: Want a simple and calming puzzle or casual game to unwind and pass the time. Love nature, with a soft spot for flowers, butterflies, and the sweet melodies of birds. Desire to improve your visual skills. Are looking to train your brain and enhance your focus. Are curious about trying out new types of games. If any of these resonate with you, give our game a go! Features: Play offline whenever and wherever you like. Unlock a collection of over 200 unique flower tiles as you progress; we’re always adding more. The game is easy to pick up and learn, but mastering it can be a challenge. Take advantage of four boosters to make your way through levels more easily. Compete with friends and other players on the Leader Board. Sounds interest, right? How to play Blossom Garden: Find and tap on two identical tiles to clear them and score points. Create combos by swiftly matching tiles to earn even more stars. Complete each level by clearing the entire board within the time limit. If you find yourself stuck, use boosters to overcome obstacles. Unlock new tiles by successfully completing levels. As you progress to higher levels, the difficulty ramps up Do your best to conquer as many levels as you can! Blossom Garden can be enjoyed offline, allowing you the freedom to play whenever and wherever you please. Best of all, it’s available for free download! Start playing today! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re committed to providing you with the best gaming experience possible. Contact us at [email protected]
Content Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blossom-garden-tile-match/id6448269576?itsct=apps_box_link&itscg=30200
#content #experience #love #like #leader #gaming
2023.06.09 15:55 AutoModerator [Genkicourses.site] [Get] Chris Orzechowski – Badass Black Friday Bundle - Full Course Download
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to Genkicourses_Com [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Genkicourses.site] [Get] Chris Orzechowski – Badass Black Friday Bundle - Full Course Download
What You Get:
Black Friday Bootcamp
This is a short course I created for one of my e-commerce coaching groups. It outlines the high level strategy you need to use to MAXIMIZE sales for BFCM.
I go over everything from how to map out your promo calendar… what emails to send when… exactly when you should START and FINISH your promo(s)… and, most importantly…
… how to STAND OUT and grab attention in an overcrowded inbox, so you can break every sales record.
Once you watch this mini-course, you’re going to be pumping out high-converting BFCM campaigns in no time!
Make It Rain Monthly
BFCM/Q4 Planning Call
This is a special “members-only” coaching call I recorded with a handful of my top students to help them prepare their clients’ brands for BFCM success.
I even critique (and edit) a few of my students’ BFCM emails during this call.
You can look over my shoulder and see how I think about constructing these email campaigns and sequences – super valuable!
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #8
The Black Friday / Cyber MondayMEGA Issue Part 1
- My “A-Z” roadmap for creating highly profitable Cyber Week email marketing campaigns.
- The FIRST email you should send in the month of November, to increase the sales you make from every email you send for the next six weeks (I actually wrote this email for you. You can swipe it verbatim. Just swap in some small details about your business, hit send, and watch the sales start rolling in.)
- How to map out a three-month promotional calendar in less than 60 minutes. (Plus, how to come up with the topics to send, on which days, to the right subscribers.)
- What to do (instead of just giving a discount or giving a bonus) that’ll incite a buying frenzy, generate word of mouth buzz, create raving fans, AND could possibly lead to record-breaking sales.
- A breakdown of a collection of BFCM emails, including some from a sequence that brought in six-figures in one week flat.
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #9
The Black Friday / Cyber MondayMEGA Issue Part 2
- The “Magic Box” Method I used to free up 25 hours of creative time on my calendar, so I could get more work done in less time, with less stress… and more time to myself.
- The biggest mistake I made as I began growing my team… and how I fixed it so everyone could perform at a higher, more autonomous level.
- How to finally get clear on what you want in life… and how to go get it.
- Why trying to be a ‘cool boss’ might hurt your team more than help it.
- One psychological insight that’ll make selling to ‘people with money’ 10x easier. This works especially well if you’re selling a high-end product/high-ticket service.
- One software that can cut your weekly call volume down by 70% (or more).
- The “AC” email promotion that’ll send your Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales through the roof.
- How to scoop up TONS of sales from people who didn’t buy from your BF/CM campaign.
- Why giving a discount might actually HURT your sales and turn off a large percentage of your customers.
- When to use a discount vs other types of offers in your emails (they both work and can both be used strategically… but you’ve gotta do this right.)
- How to instantly induce an “I’ve gotta spend money with this brand” feeling in your customers… even if they weren’t planning on buying anything five minutes before seeing your email.
- A breakdown of a six-figure BF/CM email campaign (meaning: we actually ran this for one of my e-commerce clients and generated six-figures in sales with it).
- A two-word subject line you can use on Black Friday to stick out like a sore thumb and get your subscribers’ attention… even when everyone else is screaming about their sales.
- The one type of campaign you should run if you feel like offering discounts ‘cheapens’ your brand.
- How to adapt this campaign for OTHER holidays throughout the year (like Mother’s Day & Father’s Day). I even riffed off a quick email hook you can keep in your back pocket until spring.
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #20
The Black Friday / Cyber Monday2021 Gameplan
- The SMS Sign Up Sequence that helped us grow an SMS list by 1,000+ subscribers while generating $10,000+ in sales.
- How to make a TON of sales on Thanksgiving… without pissing off everyone on your list. (In fact, people will be giddy with anticipation if you do this promo right.)
- A psychological trigger you can use in your copy that makes your customers go crazy for your products.
- Why BFCM21 is going to look very different than years past… and the changes you should make to your strategy to stand out in the inbox (and make a ton of sales).
- How the smartest marketers and brand owners are adapting to iOS14 and iOS15 (and the big shift you need to make to thrive).
- Will SMS marketing replace or kill email? My surprising answer on page 3.
- How to dramatically increase your EHR (effective hourly rate)… so you can increase profits while working less.
- Insights from an SMS campaign I ran back in 2017 that worked incredibly well… and got people asking us to send them MORE texts (it’s a cool approach you can adapt for your own brand).
- How to write headlines and subject lines that trigger INSTANT curiosity… that suck your prospects in and DEMAND attention. (Try this with your landing pages and advertorial pages and watch your click-thrus SKYROCKET)
- The #1 copy mistake I see most copywriters and brand owners make with ALL of their emails, landing pages, ads, video scripts, and more.
- Fix this one thing and you’ll be amazed at how much better your copy reads and converts.
- How to get your customers to ‘think past the sale’ and get emotionally attached to your product… so they feel compelled to buy. (Sneaky… but powerful. And yes, totally ethical.)
- 6 SMS messages that ‘primed the pump’ for our sales pitches… while making our customers feel a rush of positive thoughts and emotions.
- The secret to writing tighter, pithier copy.
- 3 copy principles for high converting SMS messages.
- Two simple examples of an SMS list building campaign that you can whip up in a few minutes to start growing your list.
- The Ultimate “Trojan Horse” campaign to get your customers primed and ready to buy from you for BFCM.
- The Triple Threat BFCM campaign calendar you should try this Q4. (Could it triple your sales? Only one way to find out…)
- What almost EVERYONE gets wrong about Gary Vee’s jab-jab-jab-right hook approach to marketing… and why it might be the smartest tactic to use come this Q4 (and beyond).
- 5 more SMS list building examples that can get you a TON of new subscribers while making lots of “easy sales” in the process.
- How to use email to ‘scoop up’ buckets of new buyers… even the people who DON’T buy from you.
- Are you scared of emailing too often? Check out the tip on page 22 that’ll reduce your complaints and increase your sales.
- The four core campaigns EVERY brand should be running on a monthly basis… even if you’re not in e-com. (I use this with my own list and it works incredibly well.)
Holiday Sale Super Sequence
Want to scoop up even MORE sales during the holidays (without the hassle of figuring out your promo calendar)?
This Holiday Sale Super Sequence is based on campaigns I still run for my agency clients that generate anywhere between $30-$50K — without fail.
Comes with SIX email templates, a quick-start implementation video and super secret bonus.
So if you want to generate massive sales easily every time there’s a holiday… then this training is going to help you make that happen.
This sequence is PERFECT for BFCM… but you can even modify it to run other holiday sales throughout the year.
Courses proof (screenshots for example, or 1 free sample video from the course) are available upon demand, simply Contact us here
2023.06.09 15:49 pettypickles What is the funniest thing someone has said in your match/team chat?
What made me as this question is a very simple interaction the other day in a game. We had somehow won the round, I have no clue how because two of our teammates never ulted (one being a genji) and our tank typed in match chat "That genji ult really spoke volumes".
It was so short and simple, but I'm easy to make laugh, and every time I think of it, I start laughing again.
I've only been playing since December, hence why i haven't had a funnier interaction yet, but what experiences have you had in a game that make you laugh when you think back on it?
submitted by pettypickles
to overwatch2 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:48 pettypickles What is the funniest thing someone has said in your match/team chat?
What made me as this question is a very simple interaction the other day in a game. We had somehow won the round, I have no clue how because two of our teammates never ulted (one being a genji) and our tank typed in match chat "That genji ult really spoke volumes".
It was so short and simple, but I'm easy to make laugh, and every time I think of it, I start laughing again.
I've only been playing since December, hence why i haven't had a funnier interaction yet, but what experiences have you had in a game that make you laugh when you think back on it?
submitted by pettypickles
to Overwatch [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:44 krotoff [FM 22. Curzon Ashton] 24. Season #8 28/29. A solid ground
| || | submitted by krotoff to footballmanagergames [link] [comments]
Hello FM Community!
I am finishing the season with Curzon Ashton
and my challenge is finally started: all my players are our own youngsters or trained in the club 3+ years before their 21.
Here is my intro (and posts archive at the end): [FM 22. Curzon Ashton] 1. My new career and old-new challenge.
Previous chapter: [FM 22. Curzon Ashton] 23. Season #7 27/28. Here we go again
We finished 8th in the Sky Bet League One, won Papa John's Trophy (made from pizza for sure) and are looking in the bright future!
Results A big slap by Hull gave us good motivation on the start. Pretty good November, with only one lose in 9 games (easy schedule, huh?) and big drop next month. Not so bad January, not so good February, and awful last two months, excluding pizza-cup. As a result, we fell out from playoff zone. But anyway, this is the highest club place in history. Not the best attacking season from us, but for this level pretty good, I guess. Our defending play as usual is not good, but even with that we got the result.
To be honest, this season is one of the best for me from the start of this save. We brought some pretty good kids, and they dived into the squad flawlessly.
- Ally Shannon (M (LC), ST) - 17y.o. from Man City for free.
- Hardworking attacking player with decent technical skills, but it didn't become a limit for him to reach great stats this season.
- Alexander Stone (AM (R)) - 18y.o. from Southampton for free.
- Fast and agile winger with good technique. Played a big part of games, but missed almost a half of the season due to injuries.
- Gabriel Bashir (AM (RL), ST) - 18y.o. from Burnley for free.
- Hardworking dribbler. Played a half of games normally.
- Kevin East (M (C)) - 18y.o. from Bournemouth for free.
- Well-balanced box-to-box with great passing. Played a half of games pretty well.
- Yaw Mensah (D (C)) - 18y.o. from Southampton for free.
- 202cm of great jumping and tackling. Played pretty good in one-third of games.
- Alex Evans (AM (RL), ST) - 18y.o. from Man City for free.
- Fast and
Furious brave attacking player. Played some games in a decent way.
- Paul Gallagher (M/AM (R)) - 18y.o. from West Ham for free.
- Fast and agile winger. Played some games not so good.
- Eddie Hadley (M/AM (R)) - 18y.o. from Everton for free.
- Fast and agile winger. Didn't play for the Senior squad.
- Craig Cole (D (RLC)) - 18y.o. from Man City for free.
- Smart defender with good jumping. Didn't play for the Senior squad.
- Andrew O'Hanlon (D (R), DM, M/AM (C)) - 18y.o. from Man UFC for free.
- Smart universal midfielder. Didn't play for the Senior squad.
- Nick O'Hanlon (M (RC), AM (R)) - 18y.o. from Tottenham for free.
- Fast and agile universal midfielder. Didn't play for the Senior squad.
- Jayden Jones (GK) - 18y.o. from Oxford for free.
- Sweeping keeper with good potential. Didn't play for the Senior squad.
|Name ||Fixtures ||Goals ||Assists ||G+A ||Rating ||POTM |
|Ally Shannon ||30(4) as M(L), ST ||18 ||2 ||20 ||7.00 ||5 |
|Alexander Stone ||28(12) as AM(R) ||5 ||5 ||10 ||6.81 ||1 |
|Gabriel Bashir ||26(8) as AM(RL), ST ||4 ||5 ||9 ||6.77 ||1 |
|Kevin East ||31(1) as M(C) ||1 ||11 ||12 ||7.00 ||1 |
|Yaw Mensah ||21(7) as D(C) ||1 ||0 ||1 ||7.06 ||1 |
|Alex Evans ||11(9) as AM(RL), ST ||3 ||1 ||4 ||6.80 ||0 |
|Paul Gallagher ||0(4) as AM(R) ||0 ||0 ||0 ||6.65 ||0 |
Not big deals, but big amount:
- Mark Kerr (D (RL), DM, M/AM (C)) - 18y.o. to Millwall for 275K + bonuses.
- Mark is our own youngster. He played very good last season (even was top-4 of the club by average rating), but on the start of this season his attributes dropped extremely fast.
- Rhys Thompson (GK) - 24y.o. to Huddersfield for 9K.
- Rhys was bought for 12K from Shrewsbury 6 seasons ago. Sometimes he was our #1 almost full season, sometimes he played really a few games. But this season he played nothing, because our Andy McDermott played all 61/61.
- And 5 our own youngsters, which never played for the Senior squad, summed for 160K + bonuses.
|Name ||Fixtures ||Goals ||Assists ||G+A ||Rating ||POTM |
|Mark Kerr ||35(8) as D(RL), M (C) ||4 ||7 ||11 ||7.21 ||5 |
|Rhys Thompson ||137 as GK ||-214 ||0 ||0 ||6.94 ||1 |
I never did this part, but this season we lost our legend, Matty Waters. So I decided to add it. More than, after all my tries to bring him back (the answer always was "I want a new challenge"), he spent this season as a free agent and finally retired from football at 31. And for me, this is a huge pity, because I would be happy to bring him back as a staff member.
Also, Max Woodcock, one of our first purchases and our biggest spending yet (16.75K), decided to leave. He retired as well.
|Name ||Fixtures ||Goals ||Assists ||G+A ||Rating ||POTM |
|Matty Waters ||262(38) as D (RL) ||45 ||121 ||166 ||7.58 ||45 |
|Max Woodcock ||124(30) as AM (RLC), ST ||39 ||29 ||68 ||6.85 ||6 |
Heroes Best Goalscorer - Will Lankshear (33)
Look at Lankshear! Even more than in a league below!
Best Assistant - Louis Easter (19)
- Will Lankshear - 33
- Ally Shannon - 18
- Ryan Miskimmin - 13
- Saja Manafa - 8
- Ciaran Thompson - 7
Best by Goals+Assits - Will Lankshear (39)
- Louis Easter - 19
- Kevin East - 11
- David Hibbert - 8
- Lucas Cooper - 6 in 32 games
- Will Lankshear - 6 in 52 games
Best by Average Rating - Louis Easter (7.48)
- Will Lankshear - 39 (33+6)
- Louis Easter - 23 (4+19)
- Ally Shannon - 20 (18+2)
- Ryan Miskimmin - 18 (13+5)
- Saja Manafa - 13 (8+5)
- Louis Easter - 7.48
- Niall Wilson - 7.21
- Will Lankshear - 7.15
- Ciaran Thompson - 7.13
- Vangellis Loukis - 7.11
Awards and Records
- Henry Cartwright:
- Worst Discipline in the league: 16 yellow and 2 red cards
- Will Lankshear:
- Best club goalscorer of all times: 122 goals
- Niall Wilson:
- Fan's Player of the Season
- The club biggest number of league draws: 16
- The club highest position in League 1: 8
- The Papa John's Trophy biggest number of goals: 23
- The Papa John's Trophy biggest number of consecutive wins: 8
We should be confident, that solid ground under our feet is really solid. The next season will show, was this season result an accident or not.
That's all for today. Thanks for reading!
Share your thoughts, love football and win all games!
2023.06.09 15:42 tvishaaggarwal Petition to add a ‘Name deck’ option.
| || |
It’s a simple addition and might not be something everyone really needs, but with 10 deck slots and a trash memory I often forget what decks I’ve saved/copied/made and for what purpose, so I feel like naming the deck would be an easy way to remember the cause, and decide if its replaceable. It’s definitely something I would want, I hope people agree with me lol submitted by tvishaaggarwal to ClashRoyale [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:40 Economy_Rain8349 Naan bread - first attempt
2023.06.09 15:38 Visual-Progress-240 Help me spin 1 more time C4C
2023.06.09 15:34 TheMaverickyMaverick Is it as easy as it looks in movies/tv to close the eyes of someone who just passed away?
The way you see it on screen often seems like gently swiping your hand over the eye socket area and then bam, eyes closed. Is it truly that simple to do? I would think that you'd have to touch the eyelid itself and manipulate it that way, assuming it even stays closed after doing so; however, I'm uneducated on the matter, hence my question.
Is it really as easy as it appears, or is that just a movie/tv thing?
submitted by TheMaverickyMaverick
to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]