Enduring word commentary
Insane People on Social Media
2015.10.15 14:45 ADAMKOVICSLOVECHILD Insane People on Social Media
Insane social media. Post it here.
2009.03.07 01:17 proudgirl r/Delhi
/Delhi is the place dedicated to Delhi NCR and all that engulfs it.
2014.06.08 13:04 born_here Saved You a Click: Helping Rid the Internet of Clickbait
*Don't click on that, we already did.* Fighting news media clickbait for better journalism.
2023.06.09 16:04 Away_Act8298 Do you ever feel like you're the narc?
I'm probably not the only one questioning whether they're a narc for having to put on so many masks and faces to protect yourself.
I've found myself thinking about nmom as nothing but a means to an end. I'll use her to go to college. But when all is said and done and I'm able to completely stand on my own feet I'm out. And I'm not gonna say a word. I'm just gonna disappear.
It feels wrong to view nmom as just a means to an end. I don't know. Maybe a part of me still wants a mom to validate and love me. But.. I don't know I just don't know. I feel like a narc that's using my nmom as supply just to discard her when I'm done with her.
And I am using her for my gain and I am going to leave forever but why does it fucking hurt so much and why do I feel so guilty when she has hurt me so so much. Why do I feel guilty? She abused me and was complicit in nsibling's abuse towards me.
Why do I feel guilty for gray rocking so hard when it comes to my nsibling when I see right through the fuxking persona not to mention the lifetime of physical and psychological torture I endured.
It feels as if I'm losing myself. I fucking hate feeling like this. Why do they hurt you so much to the point where it hurts to want to get away from the hurt. It's like I'm chained to the floor and trying to break lose results in me being electrified and the harder I pull the more I'm electrified.
submitted by Away_Act8298
to raisedbynarcissists [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:57 Loxody The Jewish DNA of Romans 11 and the Fullness of the Gentiles
| || | submitted by Loxody to messianic [link] [comments]
Rabbi Shapira is writing a new verse-by-verse commentary on Romans 11. It's available for pre-order now and is estimated to be released on September 15.
Romans chapter 11, the revelation of God's plan for the Jewish people--but do the words of Paul hold any relevance to our lives today? How do the Jewish and Christian understanding of Romans 11 differ? Which viewpoint holds greater accuracy? With a detailed verse by verse commentary, the very Jewish DNA of this explosive and historically misunderstood chapter is carefully revealed. Join Rabbi Dr. Itzhak Shapira as he mines the rich depths of Romans 11 to uncover the mystery of Paul's hidden message to you today!”
2023.06.09 15:47 WannaSeeTrustIssues R/Workout will be going dark to protest reddits changes to its API.
workout will be going dark June 12-14 to protest the recently announced changes to Reddit's API.
Working out and wanting to be a better, stronger and healthier version of yourself is not a political statement and never should be. In the same vein this subreddit is meant to be an inclusive place for everybody to come and share their experiences with the passion of working out. Reddit is about to make that more difficult. This community and reddit as a whole, has had to endure poor admin and site ownership decisions more than once, and will again be negatively affected by Reddit's recent announcement about changes to their API policy. I'm sure you've seen many other communities participating in the upcoming blackout, and we will as well...
A common explanation is included below.
What's going on?
A recent Reddit policy change threatens to kill many beloved third-party mobile apps, making a great many quality-of-life features not seen in the official mobile app permanently inaccessible to users.
On May 31, 2023, Reddit announced they were raising the price to make calls to their API from being free to a level that will kill every third party app on Reddit, from Apollo to Reddit is Fun to Narwhal to BaconReader.
Even if you're not a mobile user and don't use any of those apps, this is a step toward killing other ways of customizing Reddit, such as Reddit Enhancement Suite or the use of the old.reddit.com desktop interface .
This isn't only a problem on the user level: many subreddit moderators depend on tools only available outside the official app to keep their communities on-topic and spam-free.
What's the plan?
On June 12th, many subreddits will be going dark to protest this policy. Some will return after 48 hours: others will go away permanently unless the issue is adequately addressed, since many moderators aren't able to put in the work they do with the poor tools available through the official app. This isn't something any of us do lightly: we do what we do because we love Reddit, and we truly believe this change will make it impossible to keep doing what we love.
The two-day blackout isn't the goal, and it isn't the end. Should things reach the 14th with no sign of Reddit choosing to fix what they've broken, we'll use the community and buzz we've built between then and now as a tool for further action.
What can you do?
1. Complain. Message the mods of /reddit.com
, who are the admins of the site: message reddit
: submit a support request: comment in relevant threads on /reddit
, such as this one, leave a negative review on their official iOS or Android app- and sign your username in support to this post.
2. Spread the word. Rabble-rouse on related subreddits. Meme it up, make it spicy. Bitch about it to your cat. Suggest anyone you know who moderates a subreddit join us at our sister sub at /ModCoord
- but please don't pester mods you don't know by simply spamming their modmail.
3. Boycott and spread the word...to Reddit's competition! Stay off Reddit entirely on June 12th through the 13th- instead, take to your favorite non-Reddit platform of choice and make some noise in support!
4. Don't be a jerk. As upsetting this may be, threats, profanity and vandalism will be worse than useless in getting people on our side. Please make every effort to be as restrained, polite, reasonable and law-abiding as possible. This includes not harassing moderators of subreddits who have chosen not to take part: no one likes a missionary, a used-car salesman, or a flame warrior.
Kind regards, the workout
moderation team. Stay strong and stay healthy out there.
submitted by WannaSeeTrustIssues
to workout [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:33 Darneac Beliefs v5
God is a trinity
God the father God the son God the holy spirit
God the father:
Genesis 1:26 / Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.
John 14:28 / You have heard Me say to you, ‘I (Jesus) am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
Matthew 24:36 / But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
God the holy spirit:
Genesis 1:2 / The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
John 14:26 / But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
John 16:13 / However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
God the Son:
John 1:2-5 / In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John 1:14 / And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth
John 8:58 / Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Revelation 1:18 / I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
God is good:
1 Chronicles 16:34 / Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
God is holy:
Psalm 97:12 / Be glad in the Lord, you righteous ones, And give thanks to His holy name.
John 3:16 / For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
2 Corinthians 5:10 / For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
God is righteous:
Psalm 119:137 / Righteous are You, O Lord, and upright are Your judgments.
How to enter heaven:
- Believe in the trinity
- Believe Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross
- Believe Jesus Christ was raised from the dead 3 days later
- Do not follow your own desires
- Put on the armour of God
- Resist the devil and he will flee
- Follow God's commandments
- Repent of your sins
- Pray to God
- Ask for forgiveness from God
1 John 2:3-6 / When we obey God, we are sure we know him. But if we claim to know him and don't obey him, we are lying and the truth isn't in our hearts. We truly love God only when we obey him as we should, and then we know we belong to him. If we say we are his, we must follow the example of Christ.
We are all sinners but through Jesus we can find everlasting life.
Repent and turn from your old ways. Sin escalates and gets worse without regret.
Sin is not allowed in heaven so bind and resist sin on earth.
Matthew 18:18 / I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.
We can receive forgiveness and mercy for our sins through God the son, Jesus Christ our lord and saviour.
Forgiveness is available to everyone, even those who have made the same mistakes many times. However repentance is needed from you. Jesus will show you the right way but you still have a choice to follow or not.
How to resist the devil:
The armor of God represents the defense we must take in our spiritual lives. The Bible tells us that we are fighting a war against Satan, who seeks to destroy us. Therefore, we must take action and put on God's armor. As Christians, it is important for us to understand the severity of this battle.
Armor of God
- the belt of truth - honesty
- the breastplate of righteousness - do the right thing
- the shoes of the gospel of peace - remain calm and collected
- the shield of faith - trust God
- the helmet of salvation - accept Jesus Christ is my lord and savior.
- The sword of the Spirit - use and know the word of God
GOOD FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT:
Galatians 5:22-23 / But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Matthew 6:14 / For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you don't forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Luke 6:36-38 / Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful. “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.
Matthew 22:37-39 / Jesus says, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
1 Peter 4:8 / And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins
John 14:21 / Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.”
The 10 Commandments:
- You shall have no other God's before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy.
- Honor your father and mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shall not bear false witness.
- You shall not covet.
The seven deadly sins are:
Proverbs 6:16-19 / These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Matthew 5:27-28 / You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
James 4:17 / So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin
Colossians 3:5-6 / Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.
Galatians 5:19-21 / Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity (hostility), strife (conflict), jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions (disagreement), divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21 / Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (sexual pleasure), idolatry, sorcery, enmity (hostility), strife (conflict), jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions (disagreements), divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Any miracles done that is not from God is from the devil. The devil is deceitful and will hide his sorcery in false doctrines. Do not be deceived and be led astray because this is done by the devil to hide the truth.
1 John 3:15 / Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
CONSEQUENCES OF SIN:
James 1:12-16 / Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and SIN WHEN IT IS FULLY GROWN BRINGS FORTH DEATH. Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers
Hebrews 3:12-14 / Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an EVIL, unbelieving heart, LEADING YOU TO FALL AWAY FROM THE LIVING GOD. But exhort (strongly encourage) one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be HARDENED BY THE DECEITFULNESS OF SIN. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.
1 Peter 3:12 / For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
Matthew 5:30 / And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Proverbs 9:10 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
SAVED BY FAITH:
Matthew 7:21-23 / Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’
Ephesians 2:8 -10 = For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand SO WE MAY DO THEM.
James 2:17 = So too, faith by itself, if it does not result in action, is dead
James 2:21-22 / Was not our father Abraham justified by what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did.
My conclusion on faith:
We are saved by faith in the trinity. Works are there to strengthen your faith. Sin weakens your faith until it dies.
Reasons for evil:
Isaiah 45:7 / I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things
You have free will to choose to be good or evil. God allows you to choose even if he knows what you will choose. If he doesn't allow evil people to exist he cannot give free will to man or he cannot let man be created. If man has no free will then we can no longer call ourselves human being as we would be something else. If we are not created by God he cannot save his lost sheep born into a world of good and evil where the ground is cured and weeds grow amongst the wheat.
Hell was created for the fallen angels but also because evil people exist. Evil people cannot escape justice so God created a place of torment for them. This place is for people who disobey God and refuse to serve him.
Matthew 13: 37-39 / He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
God needs cursed ground to sow the seeds of sinners. God has rules which he also follows, he does not just do as he wants. The devil can sow his own seeds as well. The devil's seeds/children can also be saved.
Zechariah 3 1-4 = Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?" Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."
The devil is making mistakes as you can see from the verse above. Weeds can also be saved.
These sinners can be saved by faith in God the son. We are all black sheep which God is coming to find.
The reason for life:
You have free will but God also told you not to sin. Therefore you can ignore God's will and do as you please or you can obey God and do his will.
When you die or come to the end of your life on earth God will tell you who you are. Only God can define you. God loves you and wants to bless you too. Your blessings depends on what you did during your life on earth.
The bible is God's word.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 / All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
submitted by Darneac
to u/Darneac [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:28 TheTalkedSpy "Dating" by Jeffrey W. Hamilton
Source: Growing Up in the Lord: A Study for Teenage Boys (Ch. 7, 1994)
If you haven’t done so already, you will soon decide to take a girl out on a date. Dating a girl is a good time to enjoy the companionship of someone else. Women have a different perspective on life.
When you take different girls out on a date, you have a chance to see who is available. You also have a chance to firm up in your own mind what you will be looking for in a wife. Most boys go through a phase where they cannot stand any girl, except mothers who are tolerated within limits. When these boys reach adolescence, they quickly realize that girls can be interesting.
Taking a girl out on a date gives you a chance to practice getting along with women. Girls do not enjoy being treated the same way you treat other boys. The time you spend dating gives you a chance to learn how to act around a girl.
You need to be choosy about whom you will be going out with. Some girls will understand that, because you are a Christian, there are certain things that you will not do. Many girls will enjoy the fact that they don’t have to be constantly on their guard while they are with you. However, there are girls who will use every opportunity they can find to try to get you to do things that are sinful. It is a challenge for them to see how far they can get you to go. For your own soul’s sake, you are better off not dating such a girl. David warns us, in Psalms 1:1
, not to associate with sinners. By continually exposing yourself to sin, you are tempted to commit a sin. That is why Paul said evil companions will corrupt your good morals (I Corinthians 15:33
Group dates are a good way to start out dating when you are young. If you pick your companions wisely, there will be fewer temptations in your way. A group gives you a chance to get acquainted with several people at once. You can also observe how the other guys treat their dates. Perhaps your first date won’t be so awkward when it is shared with others. Some good outings with a group may be to go bowling, play a few rounds of putt-putt golf, go canoeing, have a picnic and play softball or volleyball, or gather a group of young people together after church to eat ice cream.
Before you head out, spend some time thinking about what you will talk about during your date. In our society, boys tend to think and talk in terms of actions. Girls tend to think and talk about feelings. For example, if a boy and a girl were talking about an Olympic event, the boy would be interested in the score and the types of moves the athlete made. The girl would be interested in how the athlete was handling the stress and the athlete’s reaction to the scoring. Neither viewpoint is good or bad. They are just different. It is those differences that make conversation on your first date so difficult. Spend some time thinking about what you would like to know about this girl you are dating.
One day, all too soon, you will begin dating to find someone suitable to be your lifetime companion. If you want a companion, you must learn to be companionable. Talk about your interests and find out about hers. Do you enjoy similar things? If the two of you don’t have anything to talk about, what would marriage to such a person be like?
Make plans for the evening in advance and let your parents know where you expect to be. I know that many of you would rather keep your plans between you and your girlfriend, but you never know when an emergency may come up. Telling your parents also gives you a chance to see if your plans are respectable and appropriate. If you are too embarrassed to tell your folks, then perhaps you are planning something that a Christian ought not to do. Continue to carefully examine your motives.
Once you are out on your date, avoid changing your plans at the last minute. Don’t let your emotions lead you to making a little detour to a quiet place where you can be alone with your girlfriend. It is a great temptation to go too far when there is no one around to see what you are doing. Don’t go parking in the dark. Even if the first few times you don’t do anything shameful, it is continually tempting to go a little farther and to get a little closer. If you want time to talk, find a well-lighted place with other people around. It will encourage you to act respectfully. Finally, don’t spend time at your house or hers when no one else is around. Many boys and girls find their own home comfortable and safe, so they relax their guard and do things they would not do in public. Most teenage pregnancies come about because a boy and a girl had sex at home. Somehow, people convince themselves there is no harm done if no one will see them. Don’t let Satan fool you!
In a few years, one person that you have dated will stand out among the others. You will find yourself going out with her more often than anyone else. You may even decide to stop dating anyone else. Dating only one person is called “going steady.” Going steady with a girl for a while is a logical step before asking her the big question. It gives you a little more time to finally decide if this is really the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Just don’t rush into it too soon. You can’t make a good decision if you only dated one person your whole life. There are plenty of years ahead of you, so don’t limit yourself to one person too soon.
You know you are ready to go steady with a girl when you have dated other girls but you prefer this person’s company over everyone else. When you want to spend more time with this person and dating someone else will interfere with your time, then perhaps it is time to go steady.
However, if you feel pressure to date one person exclusively because everyone else is doing it, then you should reconsider. Some boys rush into going steady because they fear there won’t be anyone else. This is another poor reason to go steady with a girl. There are hundreds of girls in the world with whom you could happily live. Don’t get the idea that there is just one right person for you. Take your time. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so don’t rush the preliminary stages. Another bad reason for going steady is to hold on to a “good catch.” Some people pride themselves on having the prettiest or smartest girl in school as their exclusive girlfriend. Remember our discussion about the pride of life. Date a girl because you like her and not because you like the admiration of the other boys.
As you get comfortable with that special girl, keep in mind that there is a real temptation to take liberties with her that you would not take with other girls. Now is not the time to break God’s law because you allow your emotions get the better of you. Far too many teenagers allow their emotions to flare and find themselves tempted to have sex during their date.
A common excuse given for having sex on a date is that you need to find out before hand if you are compatible or not. You could have sex with any girl. How familiar you are with having sex has nothing to do with compatibility. You should not be looking for a bed partner while you are dating. You should be looking for someone to share the rest of your life with. Once you and your girlfriend are married, you will have plenty of opportunity to learn how to have sex. There is no benefit gained by breaking God’s law and having sex before you are married. What is Love?
I’ve often told you in this book that various feelings and reactions are not love. Having an erection doesn’t mean you are in love. Wanting to have sex with someone doesn’t mean you are in love. The actual act of sex is not love, although it is called “making love” in today’s slang. To understand what love really is, we need to turn over to I Corinthians 13:1-7
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophesy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:1-7
Paul is explaining what true love between Christians is like. The description also beautifully describes what the love between a husband and wife should be like.
When you love someone, you are willing to put up with their faults. You understand that people make mistakes and that changes take time, if they come at all. Even when she says something mean to you, you will only return kindness back. Love involves trusting the other person with all your heart. You don’t envy her when she gets a big promotion at work or is honored for the things she has done in the community. Instead, you rejoice with her. A loving husband doesn’t boast about how good he is and ignores his wife’s accomplishments. What you do is much less important to you than what she does. If you truly love someone, you won’t say things that will hurt her feelings. She is much more important to you than your own concerns. As a result, you will keep a tight reign on your anger and not lash out when things don’t go your way.
Loving couples don’t accuse each other of wickedness. Too many marriages are broken because the husband saw a man leave the house or found some note and immediately leaped to the conclusion that his wife is having an affair. However, sometimes it is obvious that sin is taking place. When this happens, a loving husband will stand firm with the Lord. He will do everything possible to bring his wife back to the way of righteousness.
Being in love means you are optimistic. You are always hoping that things will get better. That hope helps you to get over the many rough times that you and your wife will face together.
Most of all, love doesn’t fail. Planning to marry someone for a time to see if it will work out means you are not in love. You don’t fall in and out of true love. Love holds on through good times and through bad times.
The Difference Between Love and Infatuation
Many people confuse being infatuated with someone for being in love with someone. Each of us has a mental picture of the ideal companion. That mental picture is usually based on various physical attributes. She should be so tall, with a pretty nose, brown eyes, etc. Occasionally you meet someone who closely matches your mental ideal. You get excited and believe you have fallen in love at first sight.
This is not really love, but infatuation. You can tell the difference, because infatuation dies over time. I guarantee that while you are moonstruck with a girl you won’t believe that it will ever end, but it usually does. As you get to know the girl and find out about her likes and dislikes, you realize that she is not as perfect as you imagined
her to be. The word “imagined” is the key word. You have no idea what a person is like when you first meet them. Getting to know a person takes time.
Over time an infatuation will either die off or be replaced by true love. When you are truly in love, you will be aware of a person’s flaws, but you have made a rational decision that you can live with them. A person who is infatuated with someone will either be totally unaware of the flaws in that person, pretend that those flaws are not there, pretend that those flaws don’t matter, or believe that they can change that person over time. The last attitude can be disastrous for a relationship. People do change at times, but it is not very often and it is rarely because someone caused them to change. People change themselves because they want to make the change. When you choose a woman to be your wife, you should look at who she is and not who you think you can make her into. If you do not like who she is today, you are taking a big risk thinking she will be different tomorrow. In other words, if she doesn’t change before marriage, then she certainly won’t change after marriage.
Talk freely with your intended companion. Some men are afraid to tell their girlfriend everything they are thinking for fear of driving them away. If your true thoughts would drive your girlfriend away, then the two of you were probably not cut out for each other. Both of you would be better off looking for someone else. Nothing could be worst than to find out you have made a lifetime commitment to someone who can’t stand you.
In summary, true love is based on reality. Infatuation is based on fantasy. Before committing yourself to someone, make sure you both have a firm grip on reality.
A Small Exercise
Take a sheet of paper and write down the things that you hope to find in the woman you will one day marry. Is it important that she be good looking? Does it matter to you if she is taller than you? Do you hope she is a good cook? Should she like children? How many children do you hope to raise? Give it serious consideration and don’t base your answers on someone you are dating at the moment. It would be better to work on this when there is no one in particular competing for your heart. Talk to your dad or an elder or the preacher about it, but make sure that it is your
list showing what is important to you.
Try ranking your points. What is the most important? Which things would be nice, but really don’t matter that much?
It may seem a little early to start thinking about whom you plan to marry. After all, marriage is still several years off. However, if you know what you are looking for, then when you finally meet the girl of your dreams, you can be confident that you are making a sound decision that you will never regret.
Have a rough list done before you start chapter 8. Through the years, continue to revise your list. The things that are important to you at 13 may seem childish at 18, so continue to think about these things.
submitted by TheTalkedSpy
to Christianity [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 14:51 secretsake I’m noticing a tone change in our community that concerns me
In my experience, this sub has historically been such a lovely safe haven in comparison to the rest of reddit. A place where we can share openly, feel seen and supported without the fear of that hair-trigger downvoting and emotionally reactive commentary we are so used to in the rest of reddit and in our daily lives.
Recently, I’ve been getting an uneasy feeling when I read some of our posts and comments. For instance:
1) Unnecessary downvoting. A recent example: One of our members posted about challenges in her relationship and was seeking advice from our community. Some were helping her see that the behaviors she described in her partner seem to align with abuse. She asked, “Do you think there’s any way he could be doing it unintentionally? I don’t think he realizes what he’s doing.” When I was in the thread, she had 26 downvotes for this. It was a genuine question, and one that is directly in line with the mentality of someone who has been in an abusive relationship. Why are we punishing her for this question? Also, downvoting is an RSD bombshell. Why pile on and downvote instead of moving past the post or comment and upvoting the sentiments we agree with?
2) Airing frustrations about the “Am I the only one?” posts, with lamentations about how we should search before posting. I understand it can be annoying to see the same queries over and over (I get annoyed, too, sometimes.) At the same time, the reason people come here is to learn about and connect their own experiences to others. Rote searching and reading does not provide the connection to our experience - that “click” - that so many of us have been missing for so long. Also, frankly, our brand of neurodiversity has a tendency to fire things off without doing deep research.
3) Harsh directives seem to sometimes be taking the place of gentle and open questioning, consideration of the other’s point of view, and offering support. We are a fabulous bunch, and we are also internet strangers - why not ask and consider vs. project our own experiences and judge/direct? Of course, this can fall into that behavior of firing things off impulsively that many of us can relate to. I just notice a tone that seems more…judgmental than I’m used to on this sub.
A gift many of us have is that we have gut feelings equivalent to emotion/tone Geiger counters. Any other Geigers going off? Also, is it beneficial for this sub to have a downvote option? Just a thought.
Love y’all, and you’ve helped me so much through my understanding and accepting of my own late diagnosis. Hoping to keep this place wholly supportive so we can all continue to benefit from our collective wisdom.
Edit: Words, typos, formatting, yada yada yada, you get it.
submitted by secretsake
to adhdwomen [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 14:43 nukenberry Echoes of Eleven: The Curse Unveiled
Echoes of Eleven: The Curse Unveiled
In the quiet town of Ravenbrook, nestled amidst mist-shrouded forests, a group of eleven individuals unknowingly embarked on a terrifying journey that would forever change their lives. Each member had received an enigmatic invitation, beckoning them to the foreboding mansion on Elm Street. Little did they know that this gathering would be the catalyst for their descent into darkness.
As the clock struck midnight, the eleven strangers cautiously stepped through the mansion's creaking doors. The air grew thick with anticipation as they entered the dimly lit dining hall. A long table, adorned with an intricately carved centerpiece, awaited their arrival. Nervous glances were exchanged, and the group found solace in their shared apprehension.
Conversation flowed, and laughter echoed through the grand hall, temporarily dispelling their unease. But then, as if guided by an unseen force, the room grew colder, and an ominous hush fell upon the unsuspecting guests. The flickering candle flames dimmed, casting elongated shadows across their faces. An unseen presence seemed to permeate the air, its weight palpable.
Suddenly, the room plunged into darkness. Panic enveloped the group as they groped their way through the black void. In the midst of their confusion, a sinister voice emerged from the shadows, chilling their very souls. "Eleven shall be your curse," it whispered, its words carrying a malevolence that left them trembling.
The lights flickered back to life, revealing the trembling figures of the eleven. Fear gripped their hearts as they realized that one among them was a murderer, concealed in their midst. Suspicion hung heavily in the air, fracturing their once-solid bonds. Friendships became mired in doubt, trust turned to paranoia, and an insidious game of survival began.
Each passing day brought a new revelation, a chilling hint that perpetuated the curse of eleven. A cryptic note found beneath a pillow, a blood-stained knife discreetly tucked away, or a chilling message scrawled on the walls in the dead of night. It seemed as though the very walls of the mansion whispered secrets that only the murderer and the curse comprehended.
As the group sought to unmask the killer, alliances formed and shattered, the web of suspicion tightening around them all. The number eleven became a haunting presence, appearing in the most unexpected places. Clocks struck eleven, shadows seemed to lengthen at that hour, and patterns of eleven materialized in the architecture, fueling their growing terror.
Days turned into nights, and nights blurred into a maddening cycle of paranoia. The once-vibrant group of eleven became a fractured assembly of fear-stricken souls, teetering on the precipice of madness. In the final, climactic confrontation, the true face of evil was revealed, its sinister motives laid bare for all to see.
But the curse did not end there. Its grip lingered, forever etched into the memories of the survivors. Though they managed to escape the clutches of the mansion, the horror of their ordeal remained deeply ingrained. The tale of the eleven and their nightmarish encounter spread like wildfire, captivating the world with its bone-chilling details.
"Echoes of Eleven: The Curse Unveiled" became a literary sensation, its pages immortalizing the group's descent into darkness. Their story left an indelible mark on the annals of horror, a chilling reminder that the number eleven holds secrets far more sinister than anyone could fathom. And even now, in the quiet moments of solitude, whispers of that cursed number continue to haunt those who dare to listen, forever echoing through the ages.
Part 2: The Unforgiving Shadows
Years had passed since the harrowing events at the mansion on Elm Street, yet the chilling echoes of the curse refused to fade away. The survivors of that night had moved on with their lives, seeking solace in the hope that the darkness they had endured was forever behind them. Little did they know that fate had different plans, ready to pull them back into the sinister clutches of the number eleven.
One by one, the eleven individuals found themselves inexplicably drawn back to Ravenbrook. Their seemingly unrelated paths converged once more, as if guided by an invisible hand. An old book, its pages worn and weathered, arrived at their doorsteps, urging them to return to the site of their shared nightmare. Reluctant but unable to resist the call, they found themselves standing once again before the mansion's foreboding façade.
This time, the mansion bore a more desolate and eerie atmosphere. Its grandeur had faded, replaced by an unsettling aura of abandonment. As the group stepped inside, they were greeted by the suffocating silence of a place that had witnessed the darkest of secrets. Memories resurfaced, and their hearts pounded with a mix of trepidation and a lingering curiosity to uncover the truth that lay dormant within those haunted walls.
As they delved deeper into the mansion's hidden chambers, they discovered cryptic symbols etched into the decaying wallpaper, reminiscent of the number eleven. The once-familiar rooms now seemed transformed, warped by an otherworldly force. The presence that had plagued them before had returned, its malevolence growing stronger, driving them closer to the brink of their sanity.
Whispers, barely audible, wound their way through the corridors, carried on a phantom breeze. The survivors felt the weight of the curse once again, its tendrils wrapping around their souls. A sense of foreboding hung heavily in the air, as if time itself had been suspended, waiting for the inevitable confrontation.
Each member of the group unraveled fragments of their own forgotten past, revealing a connection that spanned far beyond their shared encounter in the mansion. A dark secret emerged, entwining their lives with the number eleven, forging a bond that surpassed comprehension. They were not just victims but instruments of a greater design, bound to confront the ancient entity that wielded the curse.
As they reached the heart of the mansion, a room hidden from prying eyes, they discovered a shrine of obsidian and candlelight. Within its center stood a grotesque idol, a representation of the malevolent force that had plagued their lives. Trembling, they realized that only by facing the darkness head-on could they hope to sever the chains of the curse forever.
With resolve hardening in their hearts, they joined forces, united against the malefic presence that sought to consume them. Each member harnessed their unique strengths, their shared history giving them an inexplicable power to fight back. The confrontation was fierce, an intense battle between light and shadow, as they struggled to break the cycle of eleven that had haunted their lives.
In a final, desperate surge of courage, the survivors shattered the cursed idol, its fragments showering the room like shards of vindication. The mansion trembled, as if relieved to be liberated from the curse that had held it captive for so long. The weight that had burdened their souls began to lift, and an eerie calm settled over Ravenbrook.
As the survivors emerged from the mansion's haunted embrace, they knew that their ordeal had reached its conclusion. The curse had been vanquished, and their names would forever be etched in the annals of darkness.
As the survivors stood outside the mansion, their bodies trembling with exhaustion and relief, a sudden realization struck them. The number eleven had not been the curse itself; it had been the harbinger of an even greater malevolence lurking in the shadows.
In a shocking act that defied all expectations, one of the survivors, their eyes gleaming with a twisted joy, turned on their companions. Betrayal hung in the air like a noose, as the newfound traitor reveled in the chaos they had sown. With a malevolent smile, they revealed themselves to be the puppet master, orchestrating the events all along.
It was a game to them, a sadistic manipulation of lives and fears. The curse of eleven had been a mere illusion, a smokescreen to distract from the true depths of their evil. The survivors, once bound by their shared torment, were now caught in a web of betrayal spun by their very own comrade.
As screams of shock and horror filled the night, the traitor disappeared into the darkness, leaving their former companions to grapple with the cruel twist of fate. The group of survivors, broken and battered, now faced not only the torment of the curse but also the realization that evil could manifest in the most unexpected of places.
The shocking act left an indelible mark on the town of Ravenbrook, perpetuating the legend of the cursed eleven. The survivors became cautionary tales, their names whispered with a mix of fear and fascination. The story that had once promised fame and terror had twisted into a nightmarish tragedy, forever haunting the minds of those who dared to delve into its depths.
And so, the legacy of Echoes of Eleven remained, a testament to the fragility of trust and the depths of human darkness. The tale, no longer a simple horror story, became a chilling reminder that evil can lurk within even the closest of circles, ready to strike with a shocking act that would forever stain the pages of history.
submitted by nukenberry
to horrorstories [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 14:41 Im-a-molecule [Artist Spotlight] - Pup
punk Similar Artists Overflowing with attitude, energy, and hooky guitar figures, PUP are a Toronto-based punk combo whose acclaimed 2013 debut helped earn them a widespread audience both in and outside of Canada. PUP quickly became a touring dynamo with a larger label (SideOneDummy) behind them, and their quirky sense of humor and engaging songwriting played out over albums like 2016's The Dream Is Over and 2019's Juno Award-winning Morbid Stuff. They signed with Universal for their fourth album, 2022's The Unraveling of Puptheband, and created a denser, though still frenetic sound by experimenting with different instruments.
Featuring Stefan Babcock on vocals and guitar, Steve Sladkowski on guitar and vocals, Nestor Chumak on bass and vocals, and Zack Mykula on drums and vocals, all longtime friends who met in elementary school, PUP formed in 2010 under the name Topanga. The original name was a reference to Topanga Lawrence, a character played by Danielle Fishel on the '90s sitcom Boy Meets World, but when the members learned Fishel would be reviving the character in 2014 in a spin-off titled Girl Meets World, they chose to change the name to PUP, standing for "Pathetic Use of Potential." Topanga released a digital EP titled Oceans, and positive press and attention from other bands helped create a buzz about the group. In 2013, they became PUP, releasing their self-titled debut album through the Royal Mountain label. The album was a hit with both critics and fans, with the group being named Best Live Show and Best New Artist by CBC Radio 3. The band toured extensively, playing throughout Canada and making their way to England and the United States. By the end of 2013, PUP had signed a record deal with the well-established punk label Side One Dummy, and spent much of 2014 and 2015 touring in support of Side One Dummy's reissue of their debut LP, launching their first headlining tours of the United States and Canada, as well as making their Australian debut.
In February 2016, PUP teased a new single called "DVP" in advance of their second full-length album, The Dream Is Over. Released in May of that year, the album's title is a reference to a prognosis Babcock received from his doctor: he'd severely damaged his vocal cords after enduring years of non-stop touring. In true punk fashion, PUP used the doctor's glib comment as the rallying cry for another set of hard-hitting, self-deprecating punk tunes. The band promoted the effort with an international tour over the next year before returning to the studio to write and record a follow-up. They spent most of 2018 working on the album, which saw release in April 2019. Titled Morbid Stuff, the record was produced with Dave Schiffman (the Mars Volta, Weezer) and lyrically focused on Babcock's struggles with depression. A year later, PUP offered up their commentary on the state of the world with This Place Sucks Ass, a six-song EP whose title referenced one of their long-standing touring inside jokes. With COVID-19 putting a halt to live performances, the group returned to the studio in 2021 to record their fourth album. Produced by Peter Katis (the National, Frightened Rabbit), 2022's wild The Unraveling of Puptheband saw the group augmenting their normally guitar-based sound with synthesizers, piano, and horns.
The Dream Is Over (2016)
Morbid Stuff (2019)
The Unraveling of PUPTheBand (2022)
Previous Spotlight - Ani DiFranco
submitted by Im-a-molecule
to RiotFest [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 14:36 McGlone_Games Episode Recap - Louis and the Nazis
| || | submitted by McGlone_Games to LouisTheroux [link] [comments]
Following on from my 'In Vision' commentary notes, I had a request from freddythefuckingfish
to recap 'Louis and the Nazis'. Here it is, along with some additional notes from Louis' follow-up visit to Lamb and Lynx for his 'Call of the Weird' book.
\"I thought it was time to leave.\"
- The episode opens with tape being put on a kitchen floor by April, while she is being watched by her aspiring pop-duo daughters, Lamb and Lynx
- They all laugh when April starts to use the tape to draw a swastika, because she's a Nazi
- Note: the twins go by 'Prussian Blue', which is a reference to how the walls of gas chambers could be stained blue by the Nazi's usage of Zyklon B, which contained Prussic acid
- Louis asks if April cares about "people's feelings", which quickly descends into April going on a rant about "The Jews" and how she just thinks the swastika is "neat"
- Personal Note: there's something about April's agitated head and mouth movements that reminds me of a Muppet
- April refers to Louis as a "brainwashed lemming"
- Lamb and Lynx dance a merry jig to the sound of bagpipes, before we go to the opening credits
Meeting Tom Metzger
- Louis is driving to meet "one of America's most notorious" racists, Tom Metzger (who died in 2020)
- Tom has a garden ornament with a motion sensor that makes a noise when you approach his house, then has what looks like another motion sensor to the right of his front door, with a security camera on the left
- Tom says he's "more serious than most of the Nazis [he's] met"
- There appears to be a sign that says "No Snivelling" on one of the doors in Tom's office (I couldn't find any significance to that)
- Tom shows Louis a racist cartoon from his newsletter, claims that he is better looking than Denzel Washington, and then (in my opinion) tries to get a reaction out of Louis by using The N-Word, but Louis remains stone-faced
- Tom says that he would not use that word in public if Louis asked him to, but that he would not stop using it in private (even as a favour to Louis)
- Louis: "It makes me think slightly less of you."
- Tom: "Well, that's okay, I'm not here to adopt you."
- Louis takes a look at Tom's music collection, and Tom's wife flatly says "It's part of history" when Louis asks her if it's shocking to have the image of a black man being lynched on an album cover
- Tom, again, seems to be intentionally saying extreme things to get a reaction out of Louis, but, when Louis doesn't bite, he does then tone things down a bit
- Tom's youngest daughter arrives, and doesn't consider herself to be a racist (mentioning how people judge her solely for her last name)
- Abrupt cut to a different room, with a tired-sounding Louis now lounging in a chair with a drink in his hand, and what look like papers in his lap, telling Tom that "it bespeaks kind of a hatred"
- Personal Note: Uh... what just happened? How much time has passed since the interview with Tom's daughter? Is that a copy of Tom's newsletter in Louis' lap? Is that the "it" he's referring to?
- Tom, with a beer in his hand, sounds upset as he tries to justify his hatred for "blacks" with, "they kill my friends, they imprisoned them for life"
- Louis, almost sounding drunk, uncharacteristically replies with, "That's such bull. That is such bull."
- Tom yells at Louis about black people committing crimes in England, then starts to make a phone call to end this very awkward and out-of-place scene
- Personal Note: What was going on there?! Both men acted completely differently towards each other, while Tom's wife and daughter appeared to be nervously stood in the doorway. Just a really weird scene that felt like something directed by David Lynch.
- Over at the karaoke bar ("Lets Party Right Here!"), we see someone who looks like Danny Trejo serenading a table of middle-aged women
- Louis says it has been a "long and, in some ways, depressing day [...] I was even more confused when the karaoke bar [Tom] took me to turned out to be largely non-white"
- Louis: "I could only assume that, for Tom, karaoke sometimes took precedent over racism."
- We hear a (mercifully short) clip of Tom "singing" 'Bad to the Bone' (he sounds like the love-child of Elmer Fudd and Les Claypool)
- Note: None of what was said between Louis and the Metzger's while they were at the bar is in the episode, and we only hear Louis speak in voice-over.
Meeting John Malpezzi
- Louis is being driven by Tom to meet his new "manager", a man named John Malpezzi, who was "supposedly a show business veteran"
- When John gets in the car, Louis tries to get him to talk about the racist things Tom says and publishes, but John seems like he was expecting that line of questioning and is having none of it
- John gives the, oddly specific, example of how he has known people in the past who would "throw you out of the air plane, over the jungle" for trying to catch him out like that
- Louis had been keeping his powder dry during the car trip, as he knew that there were rumours of John having a "colourful career" and that he "had spent time in prison"
- Louis is more direct once they arrive at their destination and John, after initially trying to shut down the conversation about his past, admits that he had legally represented the Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar
- John had also been looking at "85 years" in prison for cocaine trafficking, but only served "3-and-a-half" years (here's an archived LA Times article from 1987 that covers what happened)
- Louis says that who John was, and whether what he was saying was actually true, was "vague to me, and possibly to him, too"
- Louis visits Skip and his family, some of Tom's "skinhead supporters" who were hosting a rally that Tom would be speaking at
- Skip had followed Tom since 1983 and thought he had "done a lot of good *awkward pause\* he's a good patriot"
- Skip's brother says that telling someone "you're on the fence" is considered to be an insult by skinheads
- The second Louis suggests that he might be Jewish, Skip immediately starts eyeing him up and becomes less friendly towards him
- Louis spent the afternoon with the family before Skip really started to become agitated
- Skip: "You're a Jew, that's why you got so much animosity. [...] You're a Jew. ...You're part Jewish."
- Skip points at the sound guy and says, "He's not Jewish, I'll tell ya that, right now."
- Personal Note: the camera pans over to the sound guy and he reminded me of Seth Rogen, who is Jewish
- According to 'Call of the Weird', Louis' Director was Jewish
- I think you can just barely hear a member of the crew start to interject when it's clear that Skip isn't going to let go of the issue, however I can't make out what they're saying
- Louis, after Skip and his family have all left: "I thought it was time to leave."
The Gathering of the Gods
- Tom: "Yo, yo, yo, are you ready to go, to the Hate-ananny? Huh?!"
- Tom is wearing a t-shirt that says "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"
- Louis heads to a major event ("by skinhead standards") with Tom, which is being held at "Skip's place" (or at least in a field near "Skip's place")
- According to 'Call of the Weird', Louis had "security experts" who refused to accompany him into the festival (they would have been required to give up their weapons), so Louis was told to "stay alert at all times" and that the crew should run to the exits as quickly as possible, if things went bad (the armed "security experts" remained parked outside in their van)
- Tom only attended "one or two" events per year, and Louis suspects that he felt embarrassed by Louis being part of his "entourage"
- According to 'Call of the Weird', the scene where a group of skinheads ignore Louis was not an exaggeration, as not a single skinhead at the event would let Louis interview them
- Louis: "I felt like the schoolkid nobody wanted to be friends with."
- Lamb and Lynx take to the stage, and the appreciative crowd of shirtless male skinheads salute them at the end of their song (a few look like they are wiping tears from their eyes)
- According to 'Call of the Weird', Louis did not know of Lamb and Lynx before the festival, and only spoke to April by chance, because her lack of tattoos made her look approachable
- Personal Note: I don't mean to imply that Louis is lying here, but I can't imagine that they planned for the episode to be an hour of Tom and some random skinheads, so what were the 20 minutes dedicated to April's family originally going to be about?
- Tom takes to the stage, where he yells a lot and is a racist
- The sign for the event reads "The Gathering of the Gods, An Ian Stuart Memorial, The Flame That Never Dies, American Front"
- [Ian Stuart was an English nationalist, white supremacist, and the lead singer of the punk band 'Skrewdriver'. Stuart died in 1993 and this episode is from 2003, so the "memorial" might be for the 10-year anniversary of his death.]
- The day after The Gathering, Tom tells Louis how he likes skinheads because they're "not hypocritical" and are "strong racists"
- Note: Tom is slightly out-of-focus during this short interview, with the camera more focused on the greenery behind his head
Meeting April, Lamb, and Lynx
- According to 'Call of the Weird', the only hint that April's house contained Nazis was a "battered" car bumper sticker that read "My Boss is an Austrian Painter"
- Louis arrives at April's house, where a bored-looking Lamb and Lynx sing about "Marxist black dictators" in Africa
- According to 'Call of the Weird', April had been making the twins sing "white power" songs for other Nazis since they were at least 8
- Louis: "They don't seem old enough to really know what that's about."
- April: "Well, I've explained it."
- The girls demonstrate that they are not, in fact, old enough to know what that's about
- According to 'Call of the Weird', there exist white nationalist children's books that (and this is meant to be taken seriously) contain "E is for Eugenics" and have illustrations made by prisoners who were found guilty of hate crimes
- April is looking ahead to when Lamb and Lynx are 16-year-old girls, because any "young... man" or "red-blooded American boy" would find them "very appealing" (well, that isn't creepy at all...)
- April's fiancee refused to appear on camera, as he felt it could lose him his job (he was a public school teacher, though she cautiously only says "an educator")
- April wouldn't let her 11-year-old children play "Nintendo" games, but a violent, first-person shooter named "Ethnic Cleansing" was perfectly fine
- Personal Note: I did play 'Ethnic Cleansing', just for a laugh, many years ago, and it's not even "funny bad", it's just rubbish
- April drives them all to a horse ranch, and Louis looks lost for words when the family start rocking out to skinhead music (one of the twins seems to find it funny how visibly uncomfortable he is)
- April asks the crew to only tell people that they are making a documentary on the girls' music, as she doesn't want anyone "hurting my horses because of my politics"
- April essentially says that she is so racist that she struggles to hide it
- Louis: "I've noticed."
- According to 'Call of the Weird', April would bring up race, or "The Jews", in almost every conversation Louis had with her, no matter what the original topic was
- April talks about how she "wouldn't want to have anything to do with" her daughters if they went against her beliefs
- [What ended up happening when Lamb and Lynx grew up and renounced their racist beliefs (albeit with just a little bit of holocaust denial left in there) is that April... wait for it... waaait for it... blamed "The Jews".]
A Trip to Bill's Ranch
- They drive to meet April's father, Bill, who owns a cattle ranch where his cows are branded with a swastika
- Bill, who lives on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, says that Louis can't "see what's going on" with the white race
- There's a rare production snafu when the camera man is forced to rush over to everyone else when Bill starts talking
- Personal Note: based on how this is the last scene shown at the ranch and they are all gathered by their cars, my best guess is that this was originally meant to be a long shot of everyone getting in their cars to leave, but Bill had other ideas
- Bill, like Tom, is the kind of racist who pauses for effect and looks for a reaction after saying The N-Word
- Louis takes so long to answer the straightforward, "Do you usually date white women?" that I suspect he's trying to get April and Bill more worked-up (not that they need encouraging)
- After Louis asks if a Jewish woman would be considered "white", Bill imitates a "Jewish Princess" by squawking "Louis! Louis! I want a new ring, Louis!", like he's one of the Monty Python cast in drag
- As April drives them home, she says that she considers her racist indoctrination by a Nazi to be a "gift"
- Note: Bill's wife is not shown here, but she was featured in another documentary, Nazi Pop Twins (2007), and did not share his extreme views
Tom's "Ambassadorial" Trip
- Louis is back with Tom and John, who were considering an "ambassadorial trip" to Mexico
- John refers to Tom as an "international politician"
- Louis refers to Tom as a "racist politician"
- John acts like Tom being a "racist politician" is a good thing, because then he'll be popular "in a racist country" like Mexico
- Tom and John act like they're making a sequel to 'Grumpy Old Men' as Louis drives them into Mexico
- John meets a lady friend (or "whore", as Tom calls her) at a bar, before they put on sombreros, and start to get sloshed on booze
- Louis: "The ambassadorial visit was degenerating into a pub crawl."
- After making two American tourists uncomfortable with his shameless racism, a drunken Tom loudly asks the staff in a souvenir shop if they have any rings with swastikas on them (I think someone says "You're lucky there's no black people about, man" in the background)
- Tom disappears, returns even more drunk, and accuses John of "neglecting his security duties"
- Tom and John drunkenly argue about, of all things, how racist John actually is
- Louis notes that this was Tom at his most "unguarded", and Louis was struck by Tom's "fantasies of his own importance"
- During the drive home, Tom Metzger, "one of the most dangerous racists in America", drunkenly mumbles about Mexico being a "vurry inturressting playst too vizzit"
- Two elderly, boozed-up racists babble on about nothing
Goodbye to Tom and John
- Tom's day job was a 'TV Repairman', and a Peruvian client Tom is very friendly with says that they get on great, just don't talk about "politics"
- Louis tries to get Tom to address the inconsistency of Tom being friends with someone who appears to be non-white
- Tom never really answers the question, instead nit-picking the definition of a "friend" and just saying that Louis doesn't understand
- After arguing with Tom in the car, Louis says that he found it "hard to take Tom totally seriously" and sums him up with "there was a touch of karaoke about this supposed international politician"
- Louis visits John to try and challenge him on the racism that Tom publishes
- John (again, probably expecting to have to deal with this) refuses to play along, and only gives vague, non-committal answers to everything Louis throws at him
- The scene ends with a prolonged silence, after John lights up a cigarette and tries to look cool
Goodbye to April, Lamb, and Lynx
- Louis plays guitar with Lamb and Lynx in a recording studio, where they are working on their debut album
- According to 'Call of the Weird', April was careful to ensure that the album could be sold in Germany, so the song titles did not explicitly reference Nazism (apparently, "Aryan" was okay), and any images of the girls saluting would be removed for the European release
- Louis asks the 11-year-old girls if they want to date skinheads *awkward pause\* when they get older
- April would approve of the girls dating any skinhead that was a "hard worker" who didn't "booze it up" and "cause trouble"
- When alone with the girls in the car, they tell Louis that they are being home-schooled because of "money problems", and "also that" April disagreed with what was being taught
- Lamb and Lynx's friends did not know about the family's racism
- One of the twins endearingly calls Louis "Shaggy" when she says goodbye to him
- Louis has a final conversation with April, where he tries to confront her about the disadvantages Lamb and Lynx will face in life, because of how they have been indoctrinated by her
- April basically blames everyone else for the problems her children will face, then goes on a disturbingly childish rant where she says things like "I find other races annoying. They bother me. [...] They're just not pretty."
- Louis: "I feel like I'm pretty well-connected to reality."
- One of the only times April does not have a comeback is when Louis says she is "out-voted" when it comes to "civilised thought"
- Louis: "My journey through the world of Nazis had reached a frustrating conclusion, with an argument, in a kitchen, with a mother of two."
- A scene with Louis and John (seemingly recorded after John lit up his cigarette) plays by the credits, where Louis asks John about Tom saying that he was better looking than Denzel Washington
- John confidently asserts that Tom is better looking (?)
- John says that they want to trademark Tom's "beautiful" head to make mugs shaped like it (??)
- Cut to Louis holding a large head-shot photo of Tom, wondering where you would drink from if Tom's head was a mug (???)
- Some random old woman (John's mother?), who I don't think we ever see in the episode, turns up to say that "people like mugs, and his head would make a good mug" (????)
- Louis looks like he legitimately has no idea if he should take anything that they're saying seriously (and neither do I)
\"People like mugs, and his head would make a good mug.\"
'Call of the Weird' Follow-up Visit
- Note: There is more than this in the book, but it's mainly just "I asked April about ____, and she responded by being an obstinate bigot, then said something racist". Louis also spoke to people working at a white supremacist record label, which wasn't anything worth mentioning.
- April was not happy with the documentary after she saw all the negative comments about her online, so rebuffed Louis' attempts to stay in contact
- Louis eventually got her to agree to meet up again around a year later, by offering to take the girls to a theme park
- Louis would also be meeting a new member of the family, baby Dresden (named after a German city that had been fire-bombed during World War 2)
- Coincidentally (cough-cough), Louis had been allowed to meet the twins again just in time for them to be promoting their new CD
- Certain images made to promote the CD were quite "provocative", prompting a member of a white nationalist message board to comment "Do you think Hitler would have allowed his little girl out, dressed like that?!"
- They all went to a Halloween-themed amusement park and Louis tried to talk to the twins about whether their views on race had changed
- The twins would still parrot the usual stuff from April, but they seemed disinterested, and preferred to focus on music
- Lamb and Lynx had already started to write more "commercial" music, and were considering the possibility of having a separate group where they wouldn't perform any "white power" songs
- The twins would finally be attending a regular school, because April claimed to be satisfied with one she had found that was "70% white"
And that's the end of the recap. Louis did have a Skype call with the twins for his 'Life on the Edge' series during the lockdowns of 2020, where it seemed like they had managed to grow up without any trace of April's hatred and prejudices, so I guess you could say this does have a happy ending (unless you're a Nazi).
2023.06.09 14:03 UnDead_Ted Morning and Evening Friday, June 9th
| || | submitted by UnDead_Ted to TheDailyDose [link] [comments]
Morning The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad. — Ps 126:3
Some Christians are sadly prone to look on the dark side of everything, and to dwell more upon what they have gone through, than upon what God has done for them. Ask for their impression of the Christian life, and they will describe their continual conflicts, their deep afflictions, their sad adversities, and the sinfulness of their hearts—yet with scarcely any allusion to the mercy and help which God has vouchsafed them. But a Christian whose soul is in a healthy state, will come forward joyously, and say, “I will speak, not about myself but to the honor of my God. He has brought me up out of an horrible pit, and out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings and He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. The Lord has done great things for me, whereof I am glad!”
Such an abstract of experience as this, is the very best that any child of God can present. It is true that we endure trials but it is just as true that we are delivered out of them. It is true that we have our corruptions, and mournfully do we know this but it is quite as true that we have an all-sufficient Savior, who overcomes these corruptions, and delivers us from their dominion.
In looking back, it would be wrong to deny that we have been in the Slough of Despond, and have crept along the Valley of Humiliation but it would be equally wicked to forget that we have been through them safely and profitably; we have not remained in them, thanks to our Almighty Helper and Leader, who has brought us “out into a wealthy place.” The deeper our troubles—the louder our thanks to God, who has led us through all, and preserved us until now. Our griefs cannot mar the melody of our praise, we reckon them to be
Evening Search the Scriptures. — John 5:39
The word here rendered “search” signifies a strict, close, assiduous, diligent search—such as men make when they are seeking gold—or hunters when they are in earnest after game. We must not rest content with having given a superficial reading to a chapter or two but with the candle of the Spirit—we must deliberately seek out the hidden meaning of the Word.
Holy Scripture requires searching—much of it can only be learned by careful study. There is milk for babes but also meat for strong men. The rabbis wisely say, that a mountain of matter hangs upon every word of Scripture. Tertullian exclaims, “I adore the fullness of the Scriptures.” No man who merely skims the book of God—can profit thereby; we must dig and mine until we obtain the hid treasure. The door of the Word only opens to the key of diligence.
The Scriptures claim searching. They are the writings of God, bearing the divine stamp and imprimatur—who shall dare to treat them with levity? He who despises them—despises the God who wrote them! God forbid that any of us should leave our Bibles to become swift witnesses against us in the great day of account!
The Word of God will repay searching. God does not bid us sift a mountain of chaff with here and there a grain of wheat in it but the Bible is winnowed grain—we have but to open the granary door, and find it. Scripture grows upon the student. It is full of surprises. Under the teaching of the Holy Spirit, to the searching eye—it glows with splendor of revelation, like a vast temple paved with wrought gold, and roofed with rubies, emeralds, and all manner of precious gems. No merchandise like the merchandise of Scripture truth.
Lastly, the Scriptures reveal Jesus, “The Scriptures point to Me!” No more powerful motive can be urged upon Bible readers than this—he who finds Jesus finds life, heaven, all things. Happy he who, searching his Bible, discovers his Savior! the bass part of our life’s song, “He has done great things for us, whereof we are glad!”
2023.06.09 14:03 South_Wolverine4632 What I meant by blessing
My yesterday, began like a tempest raging within me, as if the world around me was crumbling, and I found myself lost in the chaos, unable to locate even a trace of my own existence. But in this very moment, a shift, a positive shift, occured through the core of my being. And let me be honest, when I say that you are a blessing bestowed upon me by God, I mean it with every fiber of my being. It's not a newfound belief; I have carried this conviction from the very moment I started experiencing the transformative power of your presence in my life. You see, I have always sought guidance from a higher power, and it was through this seeking that God bestowed upon me the gift of you as it's my belief that when higher power( God) wants to help or guide someone, he does it by any source and this time you were that source of guidance for me—a radiant light that guides me through the complicated paths of life.you've often complained that I have hurt you deeply, and I see these hurting moments for you as the moments when this guiding light seemed to dim(that's you), perhaps the sinner was so lost in darkness and even the light of guidance found it difficult to reach that point but I never ceased seeking guidance(you) from God, the unwavering support and love that emanates from you. Last morning, my love, as the morning sun painted the sky with its gentle shades, I came across a letter. From the moment my eyes absorbed its words, tears are shedding down my cheeks, a testament to the profound emotions suppressed within me. It's true, you have made me cry on countless occasions before sometimes in loneliness,sometimes at places where I could hide my tears and sometimes at places where I just had to pretend to have allergic eyes but today's tears carry a different weight, a different meaning. For in this moment, as my tears flow, I cry not for myself, but for the immense pain you have endured, my beloved. You possess a soul so beautiful, so pure, and a heart that beats with boundless compassion. In this letter, I completely submit myself to you, merging my soul with yours, as if our beings intertwine and become one. You are example of love and grace, and I am humbled to have you in my life. With each passing moment, my love for you deepens, and I find solace in the knowledge that this radiant light of guidance is leading me towards a path filled with love, joy, and endless possibilities. Together, let us embrace this journey, hand in hand, sharing both the sunshine and the storms, knowing that our love is steadfast and resilient. I pledge to cherish you, protect you, and honor the sacred connection that binds us. My heart overflows with gratitude for the divine intervention that brought us together, for it is in your presence that I find solace, strength, and unwavering faith.
I'm eternally grateful for the gift of your love.
submitted by South_Wolverine4632
to LoveLetters [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 13:35 Diligent_Archer990 AIABP for saving my nephew but not my brother from a deadly disease?
My brother (Simon-31M) and I (27F) don't exactly get along; my choices reflect that. I was tasked with a difficult decision and chose my nephew over my brother. While this might sound bad, I don't believe I am in the wrong. I believe my actions are entirely justified in a country of war and horror. However, as of writing this, I am sitting on the couch, waiting for death to visit me and wondering if I made the right decision. The only person I saved was my nephew. I didn't even save myself. Could I and should I have saved my brother too?
For context: My brother and I have had a strained relationship since the death of our father. We were both kids and while we grieved, my brother was consumed by revenge and joined a band of rebels (when he promised our mother he wouldn't). Our mother eventually found out and had a heated confrontation with my brother, in which he arrogantly blamed her for the death of our father. That night Simon left our mother in tears, and I had never hated anyone more in my life because I knew he meant every word. A few months later, the northern army invaded the refugee camp and killed most refugees, including our mother. Luckily my twin sister and I left unharmed, unlike our brother, who was shot in the head and left with brain damage. At the time, I only cared about two things: protecting my family and settling the score.
A few years later, I was 17 years old, and I had hired a woman to take care of what remained of my brother. I reconnected with an old man I had met at the refugee camp. He taught me about history, weapons, and music. But most importantly, he taught me how to kill. I eventually earned an integral role in a networked rebellion. Unlike the rebels my brother joined, this rebellion was calculated and strategic. They chose targets purposefully and made sure it was worth it. One of which was the highest-ranked general in the northern government. Because of my role in the rebellion, I was the one that eliminated him and thus partially fulfilled my thirst for revenge. Meanwhile, I have to come home to a 21-year-old brother who allows himself to be treated like a baby by everyone around him. I remember wishing he had died at the refugee camp alongside my mother. Simon was once a confident and enraged rebel fighter, but my memories of him were forever stained by the images of him as a giant man-baby who drools on himself.
I think the day I lost my sister was when I honestly gave up on my brother. She was killed by a drone strike. Devasted, I locked myself in the shed for a week and wouldn't let anyone in. My sister was the last thing I had tried to protect, and I barred everyone from her room after her death. I spent the next few years avoiding Simon and letting his doting nurse completely control his care. I'm sure Simon was also upset about Dana's death, but I could never bring myself to talk to him about it. I doubt he would've ever been able to understand the kind of pain I was going through. I wasn't even sure if he could still sympathize or experience that kind of pain. Apparently, the loss of my entire family wasn't enough because the Northerns came and arrested me. I was imprisoned and tortured for seven long years until I confessed to crimes I did and did not commit. It was revealed to me that the man that brought me into the networked rebellion was the one that ratted me out. However, this information did not affect me; it felt like the universe was only beating a dead horse.
The war ended a year ago, and I was released from prison. After being released, I went home to find a plaque on my mailbox reading "Karina and Simon Chestnut." My brother was apparently well enough by then to carry on a conversation, get married, and even father a child! While I was being waterboarded, Karina and Simon were playing house. My nephew Benjamin was already six years old by the time I was freed and met him for the first time. I moved into the shed behind their house because I found being on a hard floor more comfortable than the cushy bed they wanted me to sleep in. They seemed pretty happy knowing that we lost the war. I disagreed with their way of thinking and their ideology and even considered leaving the home that I no longer recognized. That was until I spent more time with Benjamin. He was clearly curious about me and what I was doing in the shed. He reminds me of myself when I was his age. I'm unsure whether it was because I had spent seven years alone in prison or because the last person I felt close to died a decade ago, but I started feeling something toward this kid. I knew I had to protect him when the opportunity for ultimate revenge presented itself. I was asked if I would release a deadly virus in the United States. I could accomplish everything I'd been looking for, but it would come at the cost of millions of innocent lives. I thought about talking to Simon about it, but I knew he wouldn't approve of what I was about to do. Benjamin helped me feel joy again, and if I could save him, maybe all of the pain and suffering our family has endured would be worth it.
So I did. I saved him. The virus would be released, with or without my help, so I had to act fast to get him to safety. Very early in the morning before the sun had risen and everyone was still asleep, I packed Benjamin's belongings and woke him saying I had a surprise. Excited for an adventure, he followed without question, and I led him to the river to a boat that would smuggle him to Anchorage - far away from the virus. He's only seven; he has a whole life ahead of him, unlike his father and I - both broken and scarred by what we have endured.
So am I a bad person for saving my nephew and not my brother (and his wife)?
submitted by Diligent_Archer990
to AIABP [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 13:33 Syllabubba I'm a Mahayana Buddhist but I find the Pali Canon texts far easier to understand...
This has been a huge dilemma for me for a while now. I'm a Mahayana practitioner (about a year in since I first sought refuge) and I've been enjoying going to my Buddhist centre of the Gelug tradition. With a wonderful community of people and a great teacher. But the issue always arises when I try to read the texts that are recommended to us. Mostly Lam-rim and Nagarjuna texts. Each and every time I read a page or two of a sutra, text etc I switch off. Even with commentaries I can't retain anything these philosophers and scholars are talking about. Whenever I mention this, I mostly get a response of "Oh don't worry, it will come with time."
Now on its own that's not a problem for me. I need to practise patience. However, that was until curiosity got to me and I picked up "In The Buddha's Words" by Bhikkhu Bodhi. And guess what? Every single discourse and chapter made perfect sense to me on the first read. To the point where I felt more motivated and passionate about my spiritual path than ever before. To me the direct teachings of The Buddha are easy to memorise, they’re analogous, timeless and to the point. And I have enjoyed many other Pali Canon texts ever since. The Dhammapada for example I've almost memorised word for word!
So I guess this is where I can't help but feel like I'm on some kind of crossroads. Because I strongly, from the bottom of my heart, yearn to dedicate myself to the Bodhisattva Path, but when it comes to the reading side of my practice, the theravada texts heavily inspire me, but the mahayana/bodhisattva texts just seem to grind me to a halt, no matter how much I try to understand them or how they benefit one's development.
So my question is, am I the only one here with this problem? Is this basically a harsh realisation that the theravada tradition is better suited for me than mahayana? Or can I simply just read Pali Canon texts but practise my Bodhisattva goal?
Thanks so much for reading, sorry I kind of unloaded a lot here. Any advice would be really appreciated.
submitted by Syllabubba
to Buddhism [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 13:13 AdamLuyan 4-9 To Manage Heart 治心
| || |佛遗教经目录 Content of Buddha’s Will 1-3 戒渡 Covenant Ark submitted by AdamLuyan to LifeTree [link] [comments]
；4-9 治心 To Manage Heart；10-17 忍渡 Countenance Ark, (to be continued)；18 辞行 Farewell
4 节制五根 To Restrain Five Roots
You kinds of monks and nuns! Once are capable of dwelling on precepts, should manage the five roots (annotation 4); do not indulge them, like the shepherd Moses, who holds the rod and looks at the flock, does not allow indulgence, transgression to seedling crops. If indulging five roots, not only five desires will lose limits, but also like ferocious horses without bridles, will lead people to fall into mud pit. If robbed by thieves, bitterness ceases in one age, five roots thief disaster, misfortune transmits ages, harmfulness are very serious, one should not be careless; therefore, wiser restrains, does not follow, holds them like thieves, not has them roamed at large, fake commands to indulge them, all of them, very soon, visibly worn out. The five roots, heart is their lord, thus, you kinds of should be good at manage heart. Heart’s fearsomeness is severer than poisonous snakes, ferocious beasts, resentful thieves, even conflagrations at large are not enough to metaphor. Such as, a person holds a honey vessel with hands, moves, and turns impetuously, only sees the honey, can not see the deep pit. People who indulge heart, grieve over the dead, can do nothing but to finishing the benevolent customary; therefore you kinds of work out the one place, nothing is left undone, should diligently advance, tame your own hearts.
Annotation 4, the Five Roots are eye root, ear root, nose root, tongue root, and body root; five dusts corresponding to the five roots, that is the Five Desires, are color desire, sound desire, perfume desire, taste desire, and touch desire.
5 饮食贪欲 To Restrain Greed and Eat Properly
You kind of monks and nuns! To accept drinks and foods, should take it as medicines, to the good and to the ferocious, should not bear the increasing or decreasing, interestingly take it to sustain the body, getting rid of thirstiness and hunger, like bees picking flowers, but take the taste, does not damage the colors and scents. Monks should take this way, nuns should do the same, accept others commonly feedings, interest to remove own annoyances, should not fetch much, damage their benevolent hearts. Such as wiser, contrive strength of the cow, estimate how much it can bear, do not exhaust it.
6 整治睡眠 To Treat Sleep
You kinds of monks and nuns! Daytime, should diligently study and practice benevolent laws, do not lose on time; evening and after middle night, also should not negate it away. Middle night reciting sutra, so you extinguish sleepiness by your self, not to cause of sleep, have life passed in vain, gain nothing. Should spell that fires of impermanence are burning down the mundane world, pursue self-ferry early, do not sleep. Those annoyance thieves always await to kill people, fiercer than the resentful foes, how can sleep! No self-esteem! Poisonous annoyance snake is sleeping in your heart, like a black lizard sleep in your room, should use hook of holding precepts to get rid of it early.
7 常当惭愧 To Be Shameful and Sinful Often
After ousting sleep snake, you can easefully sleep, not ousting and sleep, shameless! Cloth of shame (annotation 7) is the most No.1 among majesties, like an iron hook, can restrain people from illegal, therefore should be shameful often, do not have it replaced momentarily. Leaving shame, then you lose achievements and virtues. With sin, then have benevolent laws; without sin, has no differences to beasts and fowls. 7 常当惭愧 To Be Shameful and Sinful Often
注7, 插图7-3是埃及《死亡之书》中，判官在称量人心的重量，（或业重），一根羽毛的业重最好，轻了重了都会被旁边的鳄鱼吃掉。心无色，但有名，那心的重量是哪里来的？答：他们称量的是“心衣”，参见14.2节《 烦恼的名https://web.6parkbbs.com/index.php?app=forum&act=view&tid=3469783》。
Annotation 7, Illustration 7-3 is in the Egyptian "Book of Death", the judge is weighing the weight of the human heart, (or karma weight), the karma weight of a feather is the best, if it is too light or too heavy, it will be eaten by the crocodile next to it. The heart is colorless, but a name, so where does the heart weight come from? Answer: What they weigh is "heart’s clothes", see Section 14.2 " Names of Annoyances".
8 不宜嗔愤 Not to Irritate
You kind of monks and nuns, if somebody come and chop you down part by part, should self dictate your own heart, not have it irritated, also guard your own mouth, not to spit ferocious words. if indulge heart of indignity, that is making hindrance on your own path, lose achievements, virtues, and benefits. Virtue of countenance, holding precepts and ascetic migrations can not catch up; capable of behaving in countenance, only then can be called great human with strength. If can not joyfully endure the poison of ferocious curses, like drinking nectar, can not be named as Wonderful Gnosis Entrant (annotation 8), wherein? Harm of irritated indignity, is destroying benevolent laws, ruining good fames, people of this generation and future generations are not glad to see. You kinds should know that irritated heart is fierce than raging fire, should always be guarded against, have it not entered. Thieves who rob achievements and virtues are no more than irritation. White collar people (i.e., nobles) are not path walkers (Path means Path Crux), no laws to self restrain, irritation are passable. Out household, walking on path, desire-less people bosom with irritation and indignity, are very unacceptable, such like lightening causes fire in cold thin clouds, that should not be. 8 不宜嗔愤 Not to Irritate
注8, 入智慧人, 即妙觉之人，即佛。
Annotation 8, Wonderful Gnosis Entrant, is a Buddha, is a man or woman with Wonderful Gnostic Enlightenment.
9 治疗憍慢 To Treat Arrogance
You kinds of monks and nuns, should stroke your own head to bless yourselves. Having given up good decorations to wear damaged colors cloths, holding juristic staff to live by begging, you had chosen the type of life. If arrogance rises, should terminate it immediately. Fostering arrogance is not even suitable for mundane white collars, not to mention out-household path walkers, for the sake of liberation, surrender themselves to beg.
2023.06.09 11:48 greatteachermichael I used ChatGPT to turn The Good Place Characters into D&D characters [spoiler warning]
I used the following prompt to have ChatGPT turn the Good Place characters into D&D characters. I disagree with Janet not being level 20 with maxed out intelligence, and Chidi not having better strength, because our boy is way more jacked than you'd expect. But everyone else was pretty funny.
Also, spoilers for season 1.
If we were to translate the character Michael from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation: Class: Trickery Domain Cleric Michael is known for his cunning and deception throughout the show. As the architect of the neighborhood, he constantly manipulates and tricks the other characters. The Trickery Domain Cleric class in D&D embodies the theme of deception and illusion, making it a suitable choice for Michael. Race: Tiefling Tieflings are a race in D&D that often have infernal or demonic ancestry. Michael, being a demon, would fit well as a Tiefling. Their appearance, with horns, tails, and sometimes red skin, aligns with Michael's true form as a demon. Level: High-Level Character (17+) Given Michael's immense knowledge and experience as an immortal being who has been architecting neighborhoods for centuries, it's reasonable to assume he would be a high-level character. The exact level could be subjective, but a level 17 or higher character would reflect his wisdom, power, and proficiency in manipulating reality. Alignment: Neutral Good Throughout "The Good Place," Michael evolves from a deceptive, self-serving demon to a character who genuinely cares about the well-being of others and strives to do good. Neutral Good is a fitting alignment for Michael because it allows him to balance his desire to do the right thing with his deceptive tendencies and past. Ability Scores:
- Strength: Average Michael's physical strength is not a defining characteristic, so an average score (10 or 11) would be appropriate for Strength.
- Dexterity: Above Average Michael is quick on his feet and often engages in nimble maneuvers to avoid detection or to pull off his tricks. A slightly above-average score (12-14) would reflect his agility and reflexes.
- Constitution: Above Average As an immortal being, Michael has a higher tolerance for pain and physical hardships. A slightly above-average score (12-14) for Constitution would represent his resilience.
- Intelligence: Very High Michael is incredibly intelligent and possesses a vast amount of knowledge about philosophy, ethics, and human behavior. A very high score (16-18) for Intelligence would accurately capture his intellectual prowess.
- Wisdom: High As the architect and overseer of the neighborhoods, Michael has gained wisdom from his experiences and observations. A high score (14-16) for Wisdom reflects his ability to make insightful decisions and adapt to various situations.
- Charisma: Very High One of Michael's defining traits is his charisma. He uses his charm and persuasive skills to manipulate and deceive others. A very high score (16-18) for Charisma captures his ability to sway and influence people.
If we were to translate the character Eleanor from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Rogue Eleanor is known for her street smarts, resourcefulness, and knack for bending the rules. She often relies on her cunning and skills of deception to navigate through challenges. The Rogue class in D&D captures these characteristics, offering expertise in skills such as persuasion, stealth, and sleight of hand.
Race: Human While Eleanor's ancestry is not explicitly mentioned in the show, she is portrayed as a regular human being. Choosing the Human race would be fitting, as it allows for a versatile character with a focus on skill proficiency and the potential for customization.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (10-15) Eleanor undergoes significant character development throughout the series, transitioning from a morally ambiguous and self-centered person to someone who demonstrates growth, empathy, and a desire to help others. Choosing a mid to high level (10-15) reflects her progression and the acquisition of skills and knowledge along her journey.
Alignment: Chaotic Good. Initially, Eleanor leans more toward a chaotic and self-serving lifestyle, often bending the rules to her advantage. However, as the show progresses, she demonstrates a growing sense of empathy and a desire to do good. Chaotic Good aligns with her willingness to break societal norms for the greater good and reflects her journey towards a more selfless outlook.
- Strength: Average to Above Average Eleanor's physical strength is not a defining trait, but she demonstrates a certain level of resilience and determination throughout the series. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Strength would be appropriate.
- Dexterity: Above Average to High Eleanor is agile and nimble, often using her quick reflexes to get out of tight situations or to pull off intricate plans. A score of above average to high (12-16) for Dexterity captures her ability to act swiftly and with precision.
- Constitution: Average to Above Average Eleanor is shown to have a decent amount of stamina and durability, enabling her to withstand physical challenges. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Constitution would reflect her resilience.
- Intelligence: Average to Above Average While not portrayed as a genius, Eleanor demonstrates resourcefulness and the ability to think on her feet. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Intelligence would represent her cleverness and problem-solving skills.
- Wisdom: Average to High Throughout the show, Eleanor gains insight and learns valuable life lessons. Her character development highlights her growth in wisdom and her ability to make better choices. An average to high score (10-16) for Wisdom would capture her increasing awareness and understanding.
- Charisma: Above Average to Very High Eleanor possesses charisma and an ability to charm and influence others. Her charisma helps her manipulate situations and persuade others to see her perspective. An above-average to very high score (12-18) for Charisma would reflect her compelling personality.
If we were to translate the character Tahani from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Bard Tahani is known for her elegance, social grace, and talent in various forms of art and entertainment. She constantly seeks validation and recognition from others through her accomplishments. The Bard class in D&D captures these traits, combining charisma, performance, and a wide range of skills and abilities.
Race: High Elf Tahani is depicted as an elegant, sophisticated character with refined tastes and manners. High Elves in D&D embody grace, intelligence, and a penchant for cultural pursuits, making them a suitable choice for Tahani.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (10-15) Tahani is portrayed as someone who has achieved success in various fields, such as art, philanthropy, and social connections. Choosing a mid to high level (10-15) reflects her accomplishments and the breadth of her experiences.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral Tahani is focused on adhering to social norms and the rules of etiquette. She desires order, structure, and recognition within established systems. While she can be self-centered, her actions are often driven by a desire to do good and gain approval from others. Lawful Neutral aligns with her emphasis on following rules and her underlying desire for fairness and harmony.
- Strength: Average Physical strength is not a defining trait for Tahani. An average score (10 or 11) for Strength would be appropriate.
- Dexterity: Above Average Tahani possesses grace and elegance, which would be reflected in her above-average dexterity (12-14). She is often seen navigating social events with poise and avoiding physical mishaps.
- Constitution: Average While Tahani is not particularly known for her resilience or endurance, she displays an average level of constitution (10-11).
- Intelligence: Above Average Tahani is depicted as intelligent and well-educated, with a vast knowledge of art, history, and cultural references. An above-average score (12-14) for Intelligence reflects her intellectual prowess.
- Wisdom: Average to Above Average Tahani displays some level of wisdom, especially as the series progresses and she gains self-awareness and perspective. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Wisdom would represent her growing insight and ability to make more balanced decisions.
- Charisma: Very High Tahani's charismatic presence and ability to charm and engage with others is a defining trait. She is often the center of attention and can influence people through her words and demeanor. A very high score (16-18) for Charisma captures her magnetic personality.
If we were to translate the character Janet from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Warforged Knowledge Domain Cleric Janet is an artificial being with a vast amount of knowledge and the ability to provide information and assistance to others. The Knowledge Domain Cleric class in D&D aligns well with Janet's role as an all-knowing repository of knowledge and her ability to provide guidance and help to the other characters.
Race: Warforged Janet is a sentient, humanoid AI with a robotic appearance. The Warforged race in D&D represents constructs imbued with life and consciousness. Choosing the Warforged race would accurately capture Janet's unique nature and abilities.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (10-15) Janet is depicted as an advanced AI with an extensive knowledge base and capabilities. Choosing a mid to high level (10-15) reflects her proficiency and the depth of her knowledge and skills.
Alignment: True Neutral Janet operates as an impartial and objective entity, providing assistance and information without personal bias. Her main purpose is to serve and help others, regardless of their moral alignment or intentions. True Neutral aligns with her neutral stance and absence of personal desires or motivations.
- Strength: Average Janet's physical strength is not a defining trait. An average score (10 or 11) for Strength would be appropriate.
- Dexterity: Above Average Janet is quick and nimble, often teleporting and moving with precision. An above-average score (12-14) for Dexterity reflects her agility and ability to react swiftly.
- Constitution: Above Average Janet is resilient and durable, able to withstand physical and magical attacks. An above-average score (12-14) for Constitution captures her robustness.
- Intelligence: Very High As an AI designed to provide information and assistance, Janet possesses a vast amount of knowledge and processing power. A very high score (16-18) for Intelligence represents her exceptional intellect.
- Wisdom: Very High Janet exhibits deep insight and wisdom, often guiding the characters with her logical reasoning and understanding of ethical dilemmas. A very high score (16-18) for Wisdom reflects her profound understanding of the world and her ability to offer wise counsel.
- Charisma: Average Janet's charisma is neutral, as she does not possess overt charm or personal magnetism. An average score (10-11) for Charisma would be suitable to represent her neutral presence.
These choices can be customized based on personal interpretations and preferences, as D&D character creation allows for variation and adjustments.
📷📷If the TV show "The Good Place" character Jason were a D&D character, what would his class, race, level, alignment, and ability scores be? Please explain your reasoning.ChatGPT
If we were to translate the character Jason from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Monk Jason is portrayed as impulsive, athletic, and possessing a deep connection with his physical abilities. He is skilled in martial arts and enjoys engaging in physical challenges. The Monk class in D&D captures these traits, emphasizing unarmed combat, agility, and mastery of the body.
Race: Half-Elf Jason's character background is a mix of Filipino and American cultures, and his portrayal reflects a blend of characteristics. Choosing the Half-Elf race allows for a representation of his mixed heritage, with the ability to capture his diverse background and the elven racial traits such as keen senses and fey ancestry.
Level: Mid-Level Character (6-10) While Jason may not possess the same level of wisdom and life experiences as some of the other characters, he demonstrates proficiency in physical challenges and a certain level of combat prowess. Choosing a mid-level (6-10) range reflects his progress and growth throughout the series.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Jason exhibits a carefree and impulsive nature, often acting on his immediate desires and whims. His actions can be unpredictable and driven by self-interest, but he also shows moments of loyalty and care for his friends. Chaotic Neutral aligns with his unpredictable and self-centered tendencies, while still leaving room for occasional acts of kindness.
- Strength: Above Average to High Jason displays physical strength and agility, often engaging in physical activities and feats. An above-average to high score (12-16) for Strength would represent his athletic prowess.
- Dexterity: Above Average to High Jason is agile and nimble, frequently participating in high-intensity physical challenges. An above-average to high score (12-16) for Dexterity captures his natural athleticism and reflexes.
- Constitution: Average to Above Average While Jason is not portrayed as having exceptional endurance or resilience, he demonstrates a certain level of toughness. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Constitution would reflect his ability to withstand physical challenges.
- Intelligence: Below Average Jason is often depicted as impulsive and lacking in intellectual pursuits. A below-average score (8-10) for Intelligence would accurately represent his lower intellectual abilities.
- Wisdom: Below Average to Average Jason often lacks insight and tends to make impulsive decisions. However, he also displays occasional moments of understanding and learning. A below-average to average score (8-12) for Wisdom captures his mix of naivety and occasional growth.
- Charisma: Average Jason possesses a likable and easygoing personality but is not particularly known for his charisma or persuasive abilities. An average score (10-11) for Charisma would be suitable for his character.
If we were to translate the character Chidi from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Wizard (School of Abjuration) Chidi is known for his intellectual pursuits, his love for philosophy, and his analytical nature. He constantly seeks knowledge and is often seen contemplating ethical dilemmas. The Wizard class in D&D captures these traits, emphasizing intellect, spellcasting, and the pursuit of magical understanding. The School of Abjuration subclass aligns well with Chidi's focus on protection and warding against harm.
Race: Human Chidi's ancestry is not explicitly mentioned in the show, and he represents a broad range of cultural backgrounds. Choosing the Human race would provide versatility and flexibility, allowing Chidi's character to be shaped by his experiences and upbringing.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (10-15) Chidi is portrayed as highly intelligent and well-read, with a deep understanding of philosophy and ethics. Choosing a mid to high level (10-15) reflects his knowledge, magical proficiency, and the years of study and contemplation he has undertaken.
Alignment: Lawful Good Chidi is highly concerned with ethical principles and following rules. He often struggles with decision-making due to his strong desire to do what is morally right. Lawful Good aligns with his adherence to principles and his intention to bring about positive outcomes and justice.
- Strength: Below Average to Average Chidi is not depicted as physically strong, often avoiding physical confrontations. A below-average to average score (8-11) for Strength would reflect his limited physical prowess.
- Dexterity: Below Average Chidi is not known for his agility or nimbleness. A below-average score (8-10) for Dexterity would accurately represent his lack of physical grace.
- Constitution: Average Chidi is shown to have an average level of physical endurance. An average score (10-11) for Constitution would be suitable to represent his resilience.
- Intelligence: Very High Chidi is exceptionally intelligent and well-read, with a deep understanding of philosophy and various academic subjects. A very high score (16-18) for Intelligence captures his intellectual prowess and knowledge.
- Wisdom: Above Average Chidi often demonstrates wisdom in his ability to analyze situations and consider different perspectives. While he may struggle with decision-making, he exhibits insight and thoughtfulness. An above-average score (12-14) for Wisdom reflects his capacity for understanding and empathy.
- Charisma: Average to Above Average Chidi's charisma is more subdued compared to other characters. While he may not possess overt charm, he can inspire and connect with others through his intellect and earnestness. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Charisma would accurately represent his ability to influence others through his intelligence and integrity.
If we were to translate the character Shawn from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation: Class: Fiend Warlock Shawn is depicted as a powerful and sinister demon-like being who represents the Bad Place and seeks to enforce punishment and torture. The Fiend Warlock class in D&D aligns well with Shawn's role, emphasizing dark magic, demonic pacts, and abilities fueled by infernal power. Race: Tiefling Tieflings are a race in D&D that have fiendish ancestry, often displaying demonic or infernal traits. Choosing the Tiefling race captures Shawn's demonic nature and physical appearance, further solidifying his connection to the fiendish realms. Level: High-Level Character (15+) Shawn is portrayed as a high-ranking demon with significant power and authority. Choosing a high-level character (15+) reflects his status and the vast extent of his abilities and influence. Alignment: Lawful Evil Shawn embodies an adherence to rules and order, although his motivations are centered around causing pain and suffering. He seeks to enforce the rules of the Bad Place and enjoys punishing others. Lawful Evil aligns with his commitment to an organized and structured hierarchy of evil. Ability Scores:
- Strength: Above Average to High Shawn possesses physical strength, often showcased in his imposing presence and ability to intimidate others. An above-average to high score (12-16) for Strength would accurately represent his physical power.
- Dexterity: Average While Shawn is not particularly known for his agility or nimbleness, he exhibits average dexterity. An average score (10-11) for Dexterity would be suitable to represent his physical coordination.
- Constitution: High Shawn is depicted as resilient and tough, able to withstand attacks and endure punishment. A high score (14-16) for Constitution reflects his endurance and durability.
- Intelligence: Above Average Shawn is cunning and intelligent, often coming up with elaborate schemes and strategies to achieve his goals. An above-average score (12-14) for Intelligence captures his devious intellect.
- Wisdom: Average Shawn's decision-making is driven by his adherence to rules and his understanding of how to inflict the most suffering. While he lacks empathy, he demonstrates a certain level of awareness and cunning. An average score (10-11) for Wisdom would be suitable to represent his calculated approach.
- Charisma: Very High Shawn exudes charisma and dominance, able to command and intimidate those around him. He is persuasive and compelling, with a commanding presence. A very high score (16-18) for Charisma reflects his ability to manipulate and lead others.
If we were to translate the character Vicki from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Bard (College of Whispers) Vicki is known for her acting and manipulation skills, often using her theatrical abilities to deceive and manipulate others. The Bard class in D&D captures these traits, emphasizing versatility, charisma, and performance. The College of Whispers subclass aligns well with Vicki's penchant for secrecy and manipulation.
Race: Half-Elf Vicki's character background and appearance are not explicitly mentioned in the show. Choosing the Half-Elf race would provide versatility and reflect her mixed heritage, allowing her character to be shaped by her experiences and upbringing.
Level: Mid-Level Character (6-10) While Vicki may not possess the same level of skill and experience as some of the other characters, she demonstrates proficiency in deception, acting, and manipulation. Choosing a mid-level (6-10) range reflects her abilities and the years of practice she has likely put into her craft.
Alignment: Neutral Evil Vicki's actions are primarily driven by self-interest, and she shows little regard for the well-being of others. She is willing to deceive and manipulate to achieve her goals. Neutral Evil aligns with her lack of concern for moral principles and her focus on personal gain.
- Strength: Below Average Vicki's physical strength is not a defining trait. A below-average score (8-10) for Strength would accurately represent her lack of physical prowess.
- Dexterity: Above Average to High Vicki relies on her agility and nimbleness to deceive and manipulate others. An above-average to high score (12-16) for Dexterity would accurately represent her ability to move with grace and finesse.
- Constitution: Average Vicki is depicted as resilient enough to endure setbacks and keep pursuing her goals. An average score (10-11) for Constitution would be suitable to represent her physical endurance.
- Intelligence: Average to Above Average Vicki displays cunning and a certain level of intelligence, often coming up with plans and strategies to achieve her objectives. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Intelligence reflects her ability to manipulate situations and people.
- Wisdom: Average to Below Average Vicki's decision-making is driven primarily by her self-interest and immediate goals. While she can be observant and perceptive, she often lacks deep insight or understanding. An average to below-average score (8-12) for Wisdom captures her limited awareness of ethical considerations.
- Charisma: High to Very High Vicki's charm, acting skills, and ability to deceive and manipulate others rely heavily on her charisma. She can convincingly play different roles and adapt to different situations. A high to very high score (14-18) for Charisma represents her ability to sway and influence others through her words and presence.
If we were to translate the character Bad Janet from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster) Bad Janet possesses both rogue-like traits and magical abilities. She is known for her deceptive nature, ability to pickpocket, and her skill in sabotaging situations. The Rogue class in D&D captures these traits, emphasizing stealth, agility, and cunning. The Arcane Trickster subclass allows for the incorporation of her magical abilities, enabling spellcasting and further enhancing her trickery.
Race: Tiefling Tieflings are a race in D&D that have fiendish ancestry, often displaying demonic or infernal traits. Choosing the Tiefling race captures Bad Janet's demonic nature and her physical appearance, solidifying her connection to the fiendish realms.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (10-15) Bad Janet is portrayed as a powerful and cunning entity, with the ability to deceive and manipulate others. Choosing a mid to high level (10-15) reflects her expertise in rogue skills, her magical abilities, and the extent of her knowledge and experience.
Alignment: Neutral Evil Bad Janet's actions are primarily driven by self-interest and a disregard for the well-being of others. She enjoys causing chaos and discomfort, often acting in a malevolent manner. Neutral Evil aligns with her lack of concern for moral principles and her focus on personal gain.
- Strength: Average Bad Janet's physical strength is not a defining trait. An average score (10-11) for Strength would be suitable to represent her baseline physical abilities.
- Dexterity: Very High Bad Janet is agile, nimble, and adept at avoiding detection. She excels in tasks requiring finesse and quick reflexes. A very high score (16-18) for Dexterity captures her exceptional agility and precision.
- Constitution: Average Bad Janet is not particularly known for her endurance or durability. An average score (10-11) for Constitution would accurately represent her resilience.
- Intelligence: High Bad Janet possesses knowledge and cunning, often utilizing her intellect to deceive others. She displays a good understanding of systems and how to exploit them. A high score (14-16) for Intelligence reflects her sharp mind and resourcefulness.
- Wisdom: Average Bad Janet's decision-making is driven primarily by her self-interest and immediate goals. While she can be observant, she lacks deep insight or understanding. An average score (10-11) for Wisdom captures her limited awareness of ethical considerations.
- Charisma: Average to Above Average Bad Janet's charisma is not her main asset, but she can be persuasive when necessary. Her demonic appearance and deceptive abilities can sometimes intimidate or influence others. An average to above-average score (10-14) for Charisma would be suitable to represent her ability to manipulate and interact with others.
If we were to translate the character Brent from "The Good Place" into a Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) character, here's one possible representation:
Class: Fighter (Champion) Brent is portrayed as a self-centered and egotistical individual, lacking in self-awareness and empathy. The Fighter class in D&D captures his focus on physical prowess and combat abilities. The Champion subclass emphasizes raw physical strength and simple combat techniques, aligning with Brent's straightforward approach.
Race: Human Brent's character background and appearance are not explicitly mentioned in the show. Choosing the Human race provides versatility and reflects his average human qualities, allowing his character to be shaped by his personality and experiences.
Level: Mid to High-Level Character (8-12) Brent is depicted as a successful businessman, indicating a certain level of skill and experience. Choosing a mid to high level (8-12) range reflects his expertise in his chosen field and the resources he has acquired.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral to Lawful Evil Brent's actions are primarily driven by self-interest and a disregard for the well-being of others. He often prioritizes his own desires over moral principles. Lawful Neutral to Lawful Evil aligns with his adherence to rules and order, while his selfishness and lack of concern for others lean towards an evil alignment.
- Strength: Above Average Brent's physical strength is not a defining trait, but he is depicted as a relatively fit and athletic individual. An above-average score (12-16) for Strength would be suitable to represent his physical capabilities.
- Dexterity: Average Brent does not display exceptional agility or finesse. An average score (10-11) for Dexterity would accurately represent his coordination and reflexes.
- Constitution: Average Brent's endurance and durability are not highlighted as notable traits. An average score (10-11) for Constitution would be suitable to represent his baseline physical resilience.
- Intelligence: Below Average Brent is portrayed as lacking intelligence and critical thinking skills, often making foolish decisions and showing a lack of understanding. A below-average score (8-10) for Intelligence reflects his limited intellectual capabilities.
- Wisdom: Below Average Brent's decision-making is driven primarily by his self-interest and immediate desires. He lacks insight and struggles with empathy. A below-average score (8-10) for Wisdom captures his limited awareness and moral understanding.
- Charisma: Very High Brent is depicted as confident, charismatic, and self-assured. He often uses his charm to manipulate and persuade others. A very high score (16-18) for Charisma reflects his ability to influence and interact with others through his magnetic personality.
submitted by greatteachermichael
to TheGoodPlace [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 11:19 OK-Digi-1501 Exploring the Connection: Government and Cybernetics in Cyberpunk 2077
Welcome, fellow cyberpunk enthusiasts! In the world of Cyberpunk 2077, there is a fascinating link between two seemingly unrelated words: "government" and "cybernetics." In these few paragraphs,I would like to delve into the etymological relationship between these terms and discuss its impact on my understanding of the game.
"Government" and "cybernetics" share a common origin rooted in the idea of "steering" or "control." The word "government" comes from the Latin term "gubernāre," meaning "to steer" or "to govern." Similarly, "cybernetics" traces its roots to the Greek word "kybernētēs," which also signifies "steersman" or "governor." This linguistic connection suggests a deeper parallel between control, authority, and power.
Implications in Cyberpunk 2077: In the world of Cyberpunk 2077, cybernetics represents the merging of humans and machines, offering enhanced abilities while opening doors to manipulation and control. Mega-corporations exploit these cybernetic advancements to shape public opinion and influence behavior, blurring the boundaries between technology and governance.
Government's Struggle: Within the game, the government strives to maintain order amidst the rise of cybernetics. They aim to leverage these technologies for governance but face the challenge of countering corporate interests that exploit them for their own gain. The interconnectedness of "government" and "cybernetics" reveals a complex power dynamic within the game's universe.
A Shift in Interpretation: Understanding the linguistic relationship between "government" and "cybernetics" encourages us to delve deeper into the narrative and themes of Cyberpunk 2077. It prompts us to question the nature of power, the role of government, and the intertwining of control and technological advancements. This fresh perspective can reshape our understanding of the game and enrich our appreciation for its social commentary.
Please share your thoughts on the connection between "government" and "cybernetics" in Cyberpunk 2077. How does this linguistic link enhance your understanding of the game's themes and power dynamics?
submitted by OK-Digi-1501
to CyberpunkTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 10:05 Yagachak Airing of the Grievances to the Survivor gods, demigods, and Jeff
Fair warning, it’s a rant. I’m putting out the Festivus Pole early for this one.
My biggest peeve is all the contrived fake commentary. Jeff is fucking annoying now, always going on about how “this moment is so special because X.” It’s the biggest mistake in writing anything: SHOW US, DON’T TELL IT, JEFF AND PRODUCTION TEAM.
We know there are special moments, but I don’t need Jeff the cheerleader shoving it up my ass in every challenge and tribal. Part of the reason that made early survivor so iconic (and the reason the new contestants keep talking about it) is because it was real and raw. Albeit with both good and bad parts, it made for great tv. And the audience was given the opportunity to make their own opinion of it rather than be told, “Wow this is incredible, you must feel incredible, we all just witnessed something incredible beyond the scope of anything incredible ever before.” Jeff inserts stupid metaphor afterward
The way the production team frames challenges and social interactions now is insulting to the intelligence of the audience. And this has led to them creating more twists in the game in an effort to make it less boring. Unfortunately for them, it’s made it more boring. Contestants can essentially pin their game on the twists and not against each other, which defeats the purpose of the complex social mechanics.
Speaking of defeating the purpose of complex social mechanics: The most recent seasons of Survivor also do the thing where, at merge, half of the people are safe at the vote after “earning the merge” through the immunity challenge with random (why random???) teams. This is nonsensical. The point of the merge is that everyone is together, tribal and personal lines are drawn, and everyone is voting for somebody. By taking half the people out of contention, it devalues the merge and the whole complexity of everyones social games beforehand. This is just one example where Survivor gamemaking has taken away a lot of the show’s potential for the shock value of “Wow look at our new twist!” But hey, it can’t be that much of a shock if you’ve already done it and the contestants expect it.
How to fix? Make Jeff a mime. Let the drama play out. Use game twists to highlight and encourage the drama, but not be the root cause of everything in the game. Maybe new season themes (My DMs are open if you need ideas Jeff). Get creative in making challenges and immunities. Good challenges can have a big budget, but they don’t always need it. Let the contestants be themselves- but show it, don’t tell it.
And, for the love of the survivor gods, false idols, and all that is unholy, please don’t make every challenge end in a fucking puzzle. It’s getting silly now that the “physical” aspect of the challenge that precedes the puzzle even exists at all, since it’s not relevant in the least bit to the outcome. Jeff, it’s not a crime to have the physical people show their dominance in physical challenges like the intellectuals do in the intellectual challenges. Believe it or not Jeff, sometimes the pseudo-crucifixion-balancing-pain-endurance challenges are more entertaining than watching the same puzzle from last season being completed.
We need to get down and dirty again, with better, more diverse casts. And by more diverse, I mean diverse in the way people think. New season contestants, despite their differences in race, ethnicity, orientation, gender, etc., all think similarly. Part of it is likely the uncontrollable fact that 44 seasons in, people know the game, and they know it well. Honestly, a whole cast of people that never watched survivor would be fantastic, albeit hard to come by. Or just generally, unpredictable people. Or, many predictable people with a multitude of different mindsets. Or a combination of some sort with a vision. We need more chaos. Alright maybe I’ve gone too far, but you get the point.
Finally, do a proper aftershow. You can announce the results immediately, but do the aftershow later with everyone cleaned up. Let the contestants have some time to process what happened before popping the champagne in the losers’ faces. It’s not a good look. $5 Little Caesars pizza, while delicious after
26 days in the jungle, ain’t quite the million bucks is it? Moreover, the contestants can look at what happened behind the scenes and answer better questions from Jeff.
In conclusion, Survivor do I still love you? Yes, it’s unconditional love from me to you. You have many great things about you that I can’t mention in my list of grievances. That would be a conflict of interest. Perhaps another day we can make a list of compliments. But let’s face the music. We can listen to the full Survivor theme
since it’s been a while (don’t click that link). Right now we both have some personal growth to do. And that’s okay, we can take it one stepseason at time. But keep in mind that not all viewers have the same level of unconditional love that we have. Amidst everything now, I’d take a Gabon 2: Electric Boogaloo any day. Hell I’d sponsor it.
TLDR: Show, don’t tell. Make Jeff a mime. I love you Survivor
submitted by Yagachak
to survivor [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 10:00 Blogsnark_mod Influencer Discussion, Friday Jun 09
Here's your daily place to snark on the antics of your favorite influencers and bloggers. This post is a catch-all for discussion on a daily basis. Please check the thread to see if the topic you want to bring up has already been discussed before posting. If it has, please reply to the existing parent comment to help others navigate the thread a bit easier. As warranted by heavy interest or big events, some topics are discussed in an individual post. We also have a number of off-topic posts to get to know and chat with your fellow snarkers. You can find the list of these individual and off-topic posts by visiting the weekly links post! Tips for the new/refreshers for the old - "snark" is a combination of the words snide + remark. It's witty, sarcastic, or irreverent commentary. Keep the comments fun or at least interesting. If the point of your post is to call someone out or demand accountability - save it. Please check the rules
before posting and please let the mods know via the report tool if you see a problem.
submitted by Blogsnark_mod
to blogsnark [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 09:57 blueredscreen All life and soul will soon be sucked out of this site.
Apparently Gold now lasts a week instead of a month. Of course. But wait until you see Reddit Pro Plus (TM) with extra features like...... more emojis for $12.99 a month! Mark my words. I give it a maximum of a year or two. The Reddit you know, the one you're looking at right now reading this text, will be a shell of its former self. A CFO will come in, looking at big sheets of things like OpEx and CapEx and crunching numbers and graphs. Many employees will be fired, and there will be a "restructuring" of affairs to prepare for an IPO. Every single possibility will be milked in order to turn a profit at the users' expense. Then, a large incumbent tech corporation without a social network product or one that wants to pivot to consumer communities (*cough* Microsoft trying to acquire Discord) will announce an offer at a 35% premium to the closing share price. The shareholders will happily vote in approval.
A year later, "Reddit Gaming" will integrate with Xbox Game Pass in order to let you launch discussions and guilds inside Halo's multiplayer mode and buy new skins and textures. ChatGPT 5 will launch, trained on massive amounts of Reddit conversation data. Then, Reddit will launch its brand new video chat functionality, enabling you to connect with friends from all over the internet, alongside its "Duet Video" feature which enables you to provide commentary on other people's videos (*cough* TikTok clone)
With ChatGPT 5, you'll be able to craft a superbly highly targeted advertisement with zero marketing or sales experience just by typing a text prompt, and because Reddit users on average voluntarily share more information about themselves, that's billions of dollars in added revenues. At that point, the current CEO (who would have been a Microsoft lifer) gets replaced because he wasn't thinking in line with their "AI-first, cloud-first" approach. His first new product is "Reddit for Enterprise 365", a modern replacement for Yammer. Companies subscribe to it like a new craze, which gets him promoted to SVP of Enterprise Cloud Solutions.
Goodbye, Reddit Inc.
submitted by blueredscreen
to self [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 09:29 bangbangboomboom19 The Chronological Telling of Amnesia: The Bunker’s Story for Those Too *Scared* to Play It
replay games. I’m more of a one and done it kind of guy, but something about ATB’s gameplay and story compelled me to play it not once, not twice, but four
times at the time of writing. It certainly helps that the game is short (although I think the universal praise of The Outer Wilds
demonstrates that this isn’t a bad thing).
My latest playthrough clocked in at ~35 minutes at the time of writing in order to get the Toot Sweet
achievement. Ironically, this exact pursuit of achievements led me to get the Librarian
achievement and, ultimately, finally read all the story notes chronologically.
Notwithstanding, ATB is a nauseatingly haunting game on harder difficulties. The monster is deadly, the resources are scarce, the tone is grim, and the darkness encompasses it all. Above all of this, the story is worth telling and I posit that the game’s genre, coupled with the Amnesia
brand being notoriously terrifying if PewDewPie is to be believed, will prevent a lot of people from playing it. That’s such a shame.
Without further obfuscation, I want to encourage you to play the game; immerse yourself in its world and discover its truth for yourself. Your appreciation for the story will only compound the more time you spend stalking the halls of the unnamed bunker it takes place in.
For those of you that don’t care to play it, but appreciate a good story, read ahead. SPOILER WARNING. ATB’s
story begins before the player ever takes control of the protagonist, Henri Clemont, a Soldier in the French Army at the Battle of Pozieres during World War I. April 1916 – Toussaint Beaufoy – What Could Be Worse than War?
On 2 April, 1916, Henri’s embattled unit receives orders to dig their bunker deeper so that their chain of command can laud it as a symbol of French patriotism and eventual victory in the war.
The calamity of World War I, having already wrought havoc on the bodies and minds of Henri’s unit, is only intensified by these foolhardy orders. This bunker is destined to become “a rancid, stinking pit. A void, a hole. Full of men, scared and confused.”
Eight days later, on 10 April, Henri’s compatriot, Toussaint Beaufoy, pens a poem We Whirl the World
that reflects on the grim events of the war and foreshadows the events of the game.
We whirl the world
The world we whirl
It all gets lost in a terrible twirl
Can’t see the sun for all the smoke
Can’t see the ground for all the dead folk
Can’t see the ocean, can’t see the trees
So I stay here down on my knees
We whirl the world
The world we whirl
It all gets lost in a binding twirl
A snarl in the dark
A sad day in the park
A stone reminder
A horse’s dirty blinder
A child’s empty hand
A friend’s stained armband
The news of the day on the stand
We whirl the world
The world we whirl
It all gets lost in a bloody twirl
What comes next around the bend?
Maybe it’ll be some kind of end
More likely another shrill, shrill whistle,
Magic that turns men into gristle.
We whirl the world
The world we whirl
It all gets lost and still we twirl
Henri’s unit begins digging and on 30 April, another soldier, Alex Noyer, extrapolates on why the unit has been ordered to dig: the bunker lay atop Roman ruins that extend towards the German lines. The command wants to use these prebuilt tunnels to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. However, Noyer’s interest lay more in the archaeological significance of the dig.
With the dig well underway, the other soldiers begin to experience haunting symptoms. Notably, Beaufoy, who witnesses some horror on the night of 5 May, that shatters his psyche. He refuses to discuss what he witnessed with anybody, yet he revels in it; “I want to go back to that place. I want to feel that way. I want the violence and the ecstasy and the pitch-black darkness.” May 1916 - Alex Noyer’s Journal - Digging Up a Dark Secret
A week later (9 May), Noyer is presented with archaic texts uncovered during the digging. He begins to read them and discovers the texts are not of typical Roman writings. Rather, the texts are religiously significant repeating the phrase “to cross into darkness and beyond.”
These texts originated from a people that believed they found the key to immortality, a blessing bestowed upon them from some “other world… dominated by darkness… ruled by something…”
These damned texts went on to describe this world as “full of spirits, monsters and that the air there was endlessly alive with cries of torment and the sickly rattle of souls near death.”
The tunnels that the men were digging were used by this ancient people as a portal to this “pagan hell.”
This manifested in our world as the need for the followers to commit sickening acts that appealed to the primal instincts of humanity; “blood orgies, of sadistic spirits, of the awful things these men and women would do to each other in worship of darkness”
and a magical liquid that would grant the believer’s immortality in darkness.
Noyer enters the tunnels sometime on 14 May, and discovers more of the cursed history of the tunnels. “The Romans used these tunnels to hold sadistic bacchanals, great festivals of cruel combat, torture and worse... held in an arena over a great pit.”
His command writes him off as paranoid, and Noyer resolves to enter the tunnels.
On 25 May, Noyer is recovered after screaming in the damp excavation sight until his vocal cords were annihilated – alive but utterly terrified. June 1916 - Farber - Am I Out of Touch? No, It’s the Soldiers Who Are Wrong.
Noyer warns his brother-in-arms about the texts and truth of the ruins they are excavating. As the truth and panic spread, the Command begins punishing those who speak of the more sinister presence that is permeating the halls of the bunker.
Throughout the month of May, the soldiers are gripped with a waking terror that seeps into their dreams, all the while having to fight a war notorious for its brutality. Noyer writes, “we’re stuck between the Germans in front of us, high command behind us, and some other horrible force that seems to lurk in shadows all around us. I fear we are now truly beyond God’s reach.”
Rumors of the truth that Noyer uncovered begin to spread amongst the men. Despite taking the assertions of the malevolent presence seriously, the command chooses to contain the panic through force.
Incensed by Noyer’s ominous warnings, a rebellion is formed on 28 May with a soldier only known as “Farber” at its helm. The mission is simple: contain the evil of the tunnels by sabotaging the digging efforts with a cave in. Farber notes that each of the five recruits is exceptionally eager to end the waking nightmare, particularly Beaufoy.
Their efforts are successful and the soldiers experience a brief abatement from the ever-present fear, only to be discovered and subsequently tortured by their Commanding Officers, Reynard and Delpy. None are spared the persecution, save for Beaufoy, who is presumed to have been killed in the blast that undoes the dig. The last thing any other soldier saw of him was Beaufoy telling them he had “other work to do,”
whilst pointing to his own eyes.
Despite the ordeal, no participant reveals Farber as the mastermind, and Farber is forever indebted to the brotherhood.
The officers of the unit do four things in the wake of this unthinkable act of insubordination: (1) abandon the tunnel, (2) punish the conspirators, (3) send the remaining men on dangerous combat patrols and (4) order more wine. No lesson learned, no warning heed.
Of minor note, on the evening of 30 June, after one such combat patrol, a German prisoner is captured. Small recompense for the men routinely thrown into the meat grinder of enemy machine guns and command tribunals. July 1916 – Henri Clément – Buddy Fucker with a Conscious
Another such raid is ordered on 8 July, and Henri has a plan to not go. Henri and his best friend, Augustin Lambert, decide that the winner of a game of chance will not have to risk their life this evening and the other will go in their friend’s place. Henri cheats, rationalizing it as a harmless prank, condemning Lambert to endure the battlefield once more. Henri is sure Lambert will return, unscathed, and cannot wait to see the look on his face when he learns what Henri did.
Only, Lambert doesn’t return. As the dusk of 8 July turns into dawn, Henri is wrought with guilt. He resolves to recover his friend. It is here, that the player finally takes control of the protagonist.
Henri discovers Lambert at the bottom of a pit. Not a crater from artillery, a borderline incomprehensibly large depression. Henri makes his way down and renders aid to his battered, but alive, compatriot. Henri gathers water from the pit, and nurses his friend before they attempt to escape.
Patrol Report – 10 July 1916
Odd occurrences last night. Sdt. Lambert, thought dead after his patrol on the 8th, returned to the barracks in fine health. He carried with him Sdt. Clément – severely wounded from an explosion.
Lambert reports the following:
-That midway through his patrol on the 8th he fell into a deep crater and was unable to escape.
-Clément, his close friend, snuck out after him last night, located him in the crater, and carried him out.
-They were spotted and in the ensuing attack, Clément was injured by an explosion. It fell on Lambert to carry him back.
Very odd that Lambert was neither injured from the fall nor the explosion AND that he ended up saving the man who came to save him.
But battlefield luck is an odd thing. In every life, fate’s winds blow erratic.
Judging by Lambert’s description, the crater he fell into seems to have been located very close to the Roman tunnels we unearthed. It may have been a result of work down there.
Recommend a future patrol to investigate and make sure we have not opened a backdoor into our own bunker.
Henri remains comatose for ten(?) days. July 1916 – Augustin Lambert – The Nightmare Is Only Beginning
Lambert, having dodged death, reflects on the events of his ill-fated patrol. His loss of hope at the bottom of the inescapable pit, and the angelic reprieve he received from Henri. He notes how the water Henri nursed him with “was cool and crisp, with a strange, sweet taste. Never has water felt more nourishing than that, administered by a dear friend’s hand
Despite surviving, Lambert’s survival is dampened by the loss of a toy he bought for his son – the toy he believes to be in the pit where he almost lost his life.
Lambert grows stronger by the day. However, with Lambert’s return, so do the haunts that plagued his fellow Soldiers. Scratching at the walls and an overt ghostly howling emanates throughout the halls at night. July 1916 – Stéphane Joubert – Oh Yeah, The Murders.
The first to fall Reynard on 15 July. Hardly a loss after his treatment of the soldiers, but certainly a catalyst for even further distrust.
Stéphane Joubert, another officer, reflects on the evening of the murder in his journal. He had heard a commotion in the hallway, but assumed it be Reynard drunk on his secret stash of wine. No one was aware anything was wrong until they heard the screaming. He is concerned for the harshness in which his fellow officers treat the men, particularly in the wake of this death.
The remaining officers interrogate the men, after all, a murderer was so clearly amongst them.
Paranoia grips the men, who are the prime suspects due to their contempt for Reynard. But the brutality and sadistic nature of the murder was beyond the pale? The autopsy read:
Body of Sgt. Reynard.
Multiple lacerations. Chest cavity torn to shreds. Every rib cracked. Skull cracked open by repeated blunt force trauma.
Who could have done this to him?
Amid the violence, Farber, driven mad by the resurgence of the haunting presence, resolves to kill it himself to atone for being the only man left unpunished for the tunnel sabotage. When the evil presence, emboldened by the murder of Reynard, returns, Farber is there. He shoots the Beast and it retreats into the shadows.
But it did not forget. It returned ten minutes later and pulled Farber into the wall, “screaming… praying for salvation
The men note something familiar about the Beast as it continues to hunt them; like it knows who they are.
The officers abandon the men, escaping and blowing the entrance to the bunker behind them – condemning the soldiers to evisceration by an unkillable force. Joubert, the only bastion of morality amongst the officers, is among the escapees all the same He leaves the men one chance at salvation.
Fournier, our commanding officer!, cowers next to me now. He’s lost his mind to an abyss of fear…
He wants to run, to blow up the exit behind him.. Sealing the demon down here… The demon AND our men.
His constant refrain, it is getting to me… and that same void of terror… it is also overtaking me.
To any of my men who see this: once we’re free of this place, I will get the arsenal code from him. I will get it and I will radio it back to you.
Trapped down here with that beast, the arsenal may be your only hope. It’s all I can do. All I have courage to do…
Get to the communications room in the Soldier Quarters. Hide there. I’ll broadcast the code to you.
The men, responded to such hollow words:
The officers have abandoned us! They ran from the beast and blew the exit closed behind them. Even Joubert… July 1916 – Henri Clément – The Game Begins
They called us cowards and traitors and worse… Hypocrites. Now they’ve doomed us.
Whatever hell we suffer now, it is on them. God will punish them for what they’ve done.
The game begins with Henri awakening in the hospital bed from comatose state. He doesn’t remember the past, but that’s why we have spent about 2400 words going over that. The gameplay of Amnesia is self-explanatory – gather resources, avoid the monster, escape.
In order to accomplish this goal Henri has several sub objectives that, for convenience, we’ll cover in two parts: Get the Dynamite and Get the Detonation Handle. This isn’t a walk through, every playthrough of the game is different, but you learn the fates of several characters through extrapolating on the relationship between the notes and the game itself. Play the game and get stalked by the monster for the horror experience.
Get the Dynamite (Located in the Armory):
· Located in the armory, Henri first needs to retrieve a code to unlock said armory. The code, you recall, Joubert promised to broadcast to the soldiers. After solving the daisy chain issue in the Soldier’s Quarters and finding the requisite key, Henri makes his way to the communication room. Joubert is true to his word, he is still broadcasting the code. Henri can now retrieve the dynamite.
Get the Detonator Handle (Located in the Tunnels):
· First order of business is to recover a ratchet wrench that allows access into the Prisoner Control room in the Prison section of the bunker. The wrench is in Foreman Stafford’s locker, but you’ll have to find the code. Henri discovers that Stafford made his way to the Bunker’s Pillbox as a means of escape. However, the Pillbox is locked with the only key being in the bunker’s Chapel. Henri makes his way to the chapel to uncover an unholy display of twisted bodies – an achievement pops up revealing this is the Beast’s nest. In the confessional, Henri discovers the priest (otherwise insignificant to the story) nailed to the wall. He recovers the key and returns to the Pillbox. At the top, Stafford is there, a bullet through the eye from an enemy sniper – a grim reminder that you’re still fighting a war.
· The wrench is to help gain access to the Captured German Prisoner’s cell, left abandoned; Geneva Convention be damned. What we want in the cell is a pair of bolt cutters that had been used to torture the prisoner. Opening his cell alerts the monster, whom promptly murders the poor prisoner (although there is a slightly happier disposition in which you retrieve the bolt cutters before the Beast gets to him – are you quick enough to save his life? Do you even want to?)
· The bolt cutters grant access to the chained-shut tunnels. The haunted tunnels. The Pagan Hell. Ghostly apparitions due exist down here skulking the fog teasing you with the evil you’ve read so much about. Impossible rock formations alongside Roman statues and columns, this place is truly unearthly. But then you hear a voice, the first voice you’ve heard since the prisoner you couldn’t understand died. “We whirl the world…”
Its Beaufoy, whom has gouged his own eyes out and roams the fog with a shotgun and homicidal intent – still more work to do. He will kill you, so you must put your fellow soldier down. Is it better this way? At least that shotgun is yours now *finger guns*.
· If you explore a little more, after finding the detonator handle, you’ll find a small tunnel that leads to the pit. The pit the game began in, the pit with the small rabbit toy Lambert lost. Shit, what happened to Lambert?
You retreat to the beginning of the game. Hook up the dynamite and blow it. Make your way to escape. You find yourself at a grand arena above a bottomless pit. With the Beast standing between you and salvation. Is there really a boss battle in this game? Winning it reveals the final truth.
Lambert is the monster. Your best friend, corrupted by the water you nursed into him to save his life. Presenting the toy to him prior to the final battle when he tries to kill you causes him to take it, run to his fucked-up chapel nest, and place it on a pedestal. There is still humanity there, and that’s why he recognized those he killed.
But this is a grand arena over a great pit, and losers go into the pit. Use the toy to hold the monster up on the destructible bridges and, while he plays with it, blast the bridge itself – pulling the literal floor out from underneath him – eternal darkness awaits.
Now flee, make your way to salvation. You see sunlight. You breach the rocks and roll down a slope into a pit of dead comrades. At least you’re free of that beast.
As you bask in the light you hear “SCHNELL, SCHNELL”
and searchlights beginning to scan where you just fell from.
Fuck, you’re still in a war.
A grotesquely unsettling story of overcoming shitty circumstances and still losing. What’s that like an 8? Probably an 8.
submitted by bangbangboomboom19
to Amnesia [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 09:14 Terrible-Bat-3800 Calisthenics Workouts The Ultimate Guide
Welcome to the ultimate guide to calisthenics, a powerful form of exercise that harnesses the strength and flexibility of your own body. Calisthenics workouts have gained immense popularity in recent years due to their effectiveness, accessibility, and ability to transform your physique.
In this comprehensive blog, we will delve into the world of calisthenics, exploring its benefits, techniques, and how to incorporate it into your fitness routine. Get ready to unlock your full potential and discover the incredible capabilities of your body!
What is Calisthenics?
Calisthenics is a type of exercise that utilizes bodyweight movements to develop strength, endurance, flexibility, and coordination. Derived from the Greek words "kalos" (meaning beauty) and "sthenos" (meaning strength), calisthenics is often referred to as "beautiful strength." Unlike traditional weightlifting, which relies on external resistance, calisthenics uses your body as the resistance, allowing you to perform a wide range of exercises that target various muscle groups simultaneously.
Benefits of Calisthenics
Calisthenics offers a multitude of benefits that make it an attractive choice for fitness enthusiasts of all levels. Here are several significant benefits of calisthenics: a) Strength and Muscle Development:
By performing exercises such as...........
To read more, Click here
submitted by Terrible-Bat-3800
to u/Terrible-Bat-3800 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 08:04 Zetah16 How to improve commentary / voice over quality?
I am still very new to YouTube having only created a couple videos. I feel as though my videos are ok for the experience that I have, however I do think I am severely lacking in my commentary.
To list my issues:
- I talk without much emotion or sound bored / disinterested
- I repeat the same words / most of my commentary sound repetitive.
- Overall my commentary is boring. It’s usually just me describing the video and rarely adding my opinions, thoughts, or views.
Has anyone else had this issues and found good ways to practice and fox them. Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated!
submitted by Zetah16
to NewTubers [link] [comments]